Author Topic: Vent Window Weather-stripping for 68 Barracuda  (Read 813 times)

Offline Krazed

Vent Window Weather-stripping for 68 Barracuda
« on: March 22, 2006 - 03:05:54 PM »
Ok so I've been trying to find it, and it seems even Year One doesnt carry it. (Wonder why?)

It's the weather stripping for the Vent window (the front window that flips open) and I can't seem to find it. My windows are making a horrible whistling noise on the highway if i dont crack them open. So if anyone has any idea where to find them, please let me know! They say its only available from doner cars? I don't want to believe that... someone Has to make them!

Incase you missed it, it's for a 1968 Barracuda Fastback.
'68 Plymouth Barracuda 340 Formula S

Oldschool

Re: Vent Window Weather-stripping for 68 Barracuda
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006 - 07:04:45 PM »
Have you checked with these guys?  I got all new rubber and felts from them a few weeks ago.

www.rpmrestoparts.com

Offline Krazed

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006 - 10:46:38 AM »
I looked at them, it seems that they do sell lots of weatherstripping. However, only the vent piece for a B body? I'm not sure if that will fit!

If you say you ordered from them, I would be VERY appreciative if you could check to see if your vent molding would fit properly. That is, if you got the car back yet  :biggrin:

Or.. you could just put all the pieces in a duplicator, and then transport them to me so I don't have to go buy them.  :bigsmile:

Offline Krazed

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006 - 11:26:26 AM »
Ok so I looked and looked for Vent window weather stripping and finally found it! The Paddock has the pieces for it, which they claim to be a new addition.

Look HERE

I ordered my floor pan, and decided to 'test' the vent window kit they had. Aparently it's exactly what I needed!

The Vent window piece for 67-69 Barracuda's (Convertible or Hard top) is the Triangular Rubber piece. It's all one piece and a little spendy, but worth it if that's all you need for your weather stripping.

Anyway, just thoughtI 'd pass it along! Hope this helps some out!