Author Topic: A little more progress  (Read 57586 times)

Offline RUSTY Cuda

• One big step foward!
Re: A little more progress
« Reply #120 on: November 23, 2006 - 02:20:14 PM »
Thats some clean lookin work, guess I gotta keep practicing! Rich.

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #121 on: November 23, 2006 - 05:22:29 PM »
LMAO, you need practice? :roflsmiley: I've been watching the Right Place thread for a couple of years now and believe me when I say you're way ahead of me in the practice and quality department. As I've said many times, it's you and others who have posted the hard work you are doing and the things you are willing to try and do (sometimes without even knowing how) that have inspired and motivated me along with many others to try the same things. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but when it does,  :bigsmile:   :grinyes: 
And sometimes when it doesn't,  :banghead:  :pullinghair: but you just keep trying till you get it right.  :2thumbs:

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #122 on: November 23, 2006 - 11:04:56 PM »
Looks good, with yours I would have done the same, since I did on my 70 rr too :biggrin:  I replaced it on my 69 and it needed filler for the trim to fit right anyways.
70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #123 on: November 24, 2006 - 05:23:20 AM »
Looks good, with yours I would have done the same, since I did on my 70 rr too :biggrin:  I replaced it on my 69 and it needed filler for the trim to fit right anyways.

I don't suppose you have any pictures of the 70 resto you'd be willing to share do you? Sure is great to see what others are doing and have done. Any and all information is so valuble, it actually helps me figure out how I will do certain repairs. I'm very optomistic about getting this in paint by April 07, I'm actually shooting for June 07 to have her road worthy or at least close to it. We have a local annual Mopar car show, a very nice and fairly large show that I'd love to take her to if she's far enough along. Need to do lots of work and spend lots more money before that time,
 :pullinghair: UPDAte 06/02/07  It ain't gonna happen. Work has me all over the place, spending a lot of time in Colorado, hope to get back to the car soon.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007 - 07:35:12 AM by Plum6Pak »

Offline farmboy70

« Reply #124 on: November 24, 2006 - 05:53:05 AM »
What pictures are you looking for? I have a limited amount of resto pictures for a 70 Roadrunner that I used to own if you need them.
 Dave

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #125 on: November 24, 2006 - 06:29:27 AM »
What pictures are you looking for? I have a limited amount of resto pictures for a 70 Roadrunner that I used to own if you need them.
 Dave

What am I looking for huh, well, just about anything I can get my hands on, as I said, it sure helps to see how everyone else is doing some of this stuff. Metal replacement, preperation work or anything to do with the body or special things you do to make things a bit better than original. Some of your posts on the current project you are doing have a lot of good info already. If I hadn't seen some of the things others are doing at home or in their shops, I may not have attempted to replace my quarter or trunk pan which came out pretty good for a novice. I've been a mechanic by trade in some form or another all my life and can do just about anything mechanical, although till the past few years I haven't been to involved building high performance engines, just repair, troubleshooting, rebuild etc. So, sharing here with all of you sure does help get er done! If you do have pics, if you could post them here on this thread or even on a new post in the restoration section, I'm sure it would help to share with everyone and I'm sure there are others who feel the same way. Lots of levels of experience here, sometimes a good post from someone who has already made the mistakes and learned how to do things right can save some of us a real butt ache later.  :grinyes:
Thanks,
P6P

PS, I sure do appreciate seeing everyone elses work being posted here, the more the better, even old projects would be awesome to see.  :2thumbs:

Offline farmboy70

« Reply #126 on: November 24, 2006 - 09:56:25 AM »
Here are some of the pictures I have for a 70 .Unfourtunatly Most of my pictures were lost when a computer died. Mostly what I have is before pictures on a six barrel original paint car. Also some finished detail shots. Not much in the body building though.

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #127 on: November 24, 2006 - 10:16:21 PM »
You ask, you recieve :thumbsup:  Probally got more somewhere on the web, but I built it with ladders/coil overs and a 499, one of the last pics is back to leafs since I sold it more stock with some new wheels. 
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006 - 10:21:02 PM by SilverChally »
70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline 74chall

• Mopar or No Car
« Reply #128 on: November 25, 2006 - 06:03:40 AM »
Hey silver chally, i know who you are now! you had a green one too! 69 i believe!  I bought a 68 road runner drive shaft off yah!

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #129 on: November 25, 2006 - 06:44:30 AM »
Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about! Thanks for taking the time to post all of those.
Something looks very familiar but not sure what it is.

:clueless: 

Offline RUSTY Cuda

• One big step foward!
« Reply #130 on: November 25, 2006 - 07:03:05 AM »
Glen, finally got you message, did you get the #, I should be free after about 10:30, then around the car(with my cell) all weekend! Rich.

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #131 on: November 25, 2006 - 07:08:03 AM »
Got it, thanks, I'll be giving you a call later.  :thumbsup:

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #132 on: November 25, 2006 - 03:59:14 PM »
Hey silver chally, i know who you are now! you had a green one too! 69 i believe!  I bought a 68 road runner drive shaft off yah!

Yeah, I had a sublime 69 runner and it was ALOT of work, this challenger reminds me of all the work I did to it and I don't miss it!  Is the ds for the one your working on now?   

One thing thats familiar to me plum is the 69 runner that hasn;t moved since 75 in the background :roflsmiley:  Youd see a 68 tghats got about 15 years on the other side!  I gotta quit looking at 70 runner pics, I'm going to want another!!!  Pics only took 5 mins to post, so no problem :cheers:
70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #133 on: November 28, 2006 - 07:06:26 PM »
it's you and others who have posted the hard work you are doing and the things you are willing to try and do (sometimes without even knowing how) that have inspired and motivated me along with many others to try the same things. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but when it does,  :bigsmile:   :grinyes: 
And sometimes when it doesn't,  :banghead:  :pullinghair: but you just keep trying till you get it right.  :2thumbs:
I tell ya 6pak, I couldn't agree more with you.  :thumbsup:
I have learned a ton from your post, (as well as from every other one here who shares their experience, or lack there of  :clueless: (me) in their posts  :worshippy :2thumbs:
 I cannot imagine being that far how it must feel  :jumping:
Thank you for sharing your experience with us  :cheers:

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #134 on: November 29, 2006 - 01:11:34 AM »
When they are in paint finally which seems to take forever, thats when I know I made it! 

Did you ever fit those side scoops?  Hope they fit better than mine did!
70 challenger project
68 satellite