1970 BARRACUDA DESTROYED BY LOCAL SALVAGE YARD

Author Topic: 1970 BARRACUDA DESTROYED BY LOCAL SALVAGE YARD  (Read 14214 times)

Offline jrn101

Re: 1970 BARRACUDA DESTROYED BY LOCAL SALVAGE YARD
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2006 - 08:40:16 PM »
Great attitude you have there. BTW, I don't know one person on this site that would even consider doing a rebody on a car, and if someone suggested cutting the vin out i'm sure it would be in order to add to a cuda registry to track it. Thanks for supporting our hobby.   :eek7:
if you read back through the previous posts somebody says at least save the VIN.iam sure it was not to hang on the garage wall!!!!i dont think that you would really need to cut the vin out for the registry.to say a insurance scam that is just way out in left field.iam going to tell people about the car and even post pictures of a stolen car ya ok.i had the car for a quite a while and sold many parts off of it and gave away about as many as i sold.personally i dont care if its a 1 of 1 car made i will not sell the vin or sell the car to somebody who says that it what they are going retag or rebody it.i will tell you if i went out and spent BIG MONEY on car that was  suppose to be "right" and later found out that it was retagged somebody would get hurt.a few years ago i bought a REAL 440-6 pak car that was burnt bad.i pulled out the engine,tranny and rearend and the rest went to the shredder(yes with the vin#).if the car was born with that vin number it will die with that vin number.i dont know where you guys junk cars but by me you dont need to remove anything,no tires,fuel tanks or batteries.all that is done by the salvage yard.

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2006 - 08:48:16 PM »
.i dont know where you guys junk cars but by me you dont need to remove anything,no tires,fuel tanks or batteries.all that is done by the salvage yard.

Right,  But this gas tank is clearly on the ground where it fell off. Not cut out and brought over to the gas tank pile

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2006 - 08:56:00 PM »
Is this the badly burned V-Code you bought? If so, I doubt you'd pay 13K for a motor tranny and rearend.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plymouth-Barracuda-70-PLYMOUTH-CUDA-ORIGINAL-440-6-PACK-V-CODE_W0QQitemZ4577456301QQcategoryZ6409QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

As far as the guy mentioning to keep the vin, I have no idea...maybe he can speak for himself.  :dunno:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

CUDAJUNK

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2006 - 08:56:37 PM »
 360cuda is an oldtimer.. no doubt.. way past his time.  been to a salvage yard latley??? guess not. you dont remove anything, shreaders do it for you. when you worked for land rover and had cars crushed did you remove the gastanks or tires. bet not.... did the yard??? no they did not either. so i guess you dont even know what you are talking about. the pic was taken about 1 month ago. the pic is not OLD YOU ARE!!! :bigsmile:

CUDAJUNK

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2006 - 09:02:44 PM »
IBADFISH IS A REAL DETECTIVE, HE MUST HAVE WATCHED DRAGNET.. LETS ALL SAY IT TOGETHER  YES SERGENT JOE FRIDAY YES SERGENT JOE FRIDAY. NOT ONLY DOES HE POST PICTURES OF OTHER PEOPLES CARS LIKE THE BLUE AAR CUDA HE POSTS WITH HIS REPLY, BUT HE CLEARLY KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT MOPARS EITHER..

Oldschool

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2006 - 09:05:41 PM »
Never minded an honest opinion, from either side of the debate.    :)   BUT when someone has only one agenda and that is to tick folks off with unnecessary name calling, and derogatory remarks directed toward good folks, I only have one thing to say-------------------------    :villagers: 

MODS-----BOOT HIM!!!!!     :dupe:   

I'm done----he's on iggy...

« Last Edit: April 14, 2006 - 09:29:00 PM by Oldschool »

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2006 - 09:10:01 PM »
Haha, you sit there and amuse yourself and i'll get back to my LIFE, If you knew had to use a computer...i.e. locating your caps button...you would realize the "detective work" is a 2 second search.
BTW I can post as many pictures of MY car as you would like.

I'm through here.

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

CUDAJUNK

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2006 - 09:13:12 PM »
LETS JUST SAY THIS YOU ARE A FAKE... I KNOW FIRST HAND THE CAR IS NOT YOURS..  YOU SHOULD BE KICKED OFF FOR TRYING TO PASS OFF A RETAGED  ORIGINAL 6 CYLINDER CAR AS  AN AAR... HAHA NOW THEY ALL KNOW

Offline jrn101

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2006 - 09:14:22 PM »
Is this the badly burned V-Code you bought? If so, I doubt you'd pay 13K for a motor tranny and rearend.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plymouth-Barracuda-70-PLYMOUTH-CUDA-ORIGINAL-440-6-PACK-V-CODE_W0QQitemZ4577456301QQcategoryZ6409QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

As far as the guy mentioning to keep the vin, I have no idea...maybe he can speak for himself.  :dunno:

no that is not the car i bought.i bought the car a few years ago.it was in a garage fire in the town where i live.i removed the engine,tranny,and rearend and sold them.the rest of the car was crushed

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2006 - 09:15:58 PM »
We haven't had anybody booted here in a long time. But I think it's time to say good bye to Cudajunk. :wave: :villagers:  We should've have picked up on this sooner with a name called Cudajunk.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2006 - 10:09:04 PM »
Goodbye Cudajunk!  You're type is not welcome on this board. :wave:
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Oldschool

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2006 - 10:13:02 PM »
Thanks Rev!   Now that's what I'm talkin' about............................

Adios Cudapunk....................

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2006 - 10:24:54 PM »
Thanks Rev.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline chevyconvert

• HvacMan
  • Member since November 04, 2005
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2006 - 10:28:44 PM »
WOW....That was so uncharacteristic of the posts on this site!
I wasn't part of it, but just readin' those idiot interlopers posts made my blood  :swear: :villagers: >:(

Good job Rev :thumbsup:
Does that mean they can't view this site or just no posts under that name?
Eric
'70 Hemi Orange RT/SE 440 Six Pack Pistol-Grip 4 speed
Bay Area California

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2006 - 10:32:21 PM »
His ip address and email address has been banned.  I also deleted his account.  Every great once in a while we get these guys.  This is a great community in that it polices and protects itself from these kind of people.  You guys are great!
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!