1970 BARRACUDA DESTROYED BY LOCAL SALVAGE YARD

Author Topic: 1970 BARRACUDA DESTROYED BY LOCAL SALVAGE YARD  (Read 14228 times)

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: 1970 BARRACUDA DESTROYED BY LOCAL SALVAGE YARD
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2006 - 03:47:43 PM »
Pure Insanity!!   

Offline TripleBlack71Cuda

• Member since 3/21/2006
    • 1970 & 1971 Cuda Video
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2006 - 06:56:03 PM »
 :faint: It is acts like these and Barrett Jackson that makes our hobby cost more.  :villagers:

Offline ambitions2

• ..we gunna make it to the finish line...
    • 72 Challenger EV-2 Project
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2006 - 01:33:08 AM »
THE CAR WAS COMPLETE,THERE WERE MANY PARTS.. THE OWNER DROVE THE CAR THERE THAT MORNING. ( SO I WAS TOLD)  HE SAID HE WAS TIRED OF PEOPLE ASKING HIM IF HE WANTED TO SELL IT, SO HE FINALLY DECIDED TO SELL IT. I GUESS HE DID NOT WANT ANYONE ELSE TO HAVE IT.

I want a name. a number and a shovel so I can bury the evidence of what I am going to do.  I look at that and just want to walk up to the guy and be like   :eek7: your not too smart huh?
Project: 1972 Challenger - 340 AT 8 3/4 3.23 gears
http://community.webshots.com/user/jtitan2220

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2006 - 06:09:52 AM »
Yo Paulie, wadda think we should do about this??
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006 - 02:10:06 PM by 4cruzin »
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline mopar-or-no-car

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2006 - 11:12:29 PM »
There is an idiot here in my town that does something similar to that to muscle cars! I found this out AFTER I sold him my 2 extra e-bodies!! he parts them out and then what ever is left he cuts up and sells to the wrecking yard!! what a guy! If I had know THAT I would have NEVER SOLD MY CARS TO HIM!! what a butcher!!! he takes a perfectly good car and cuts it up!! OMG!!  :crying: actually the word jerk comes to mind!!! I certainly WONT be selling anything ELSE to him THAT IS FOR SURE!!!!!! He buys the stuff under the pretense of restoring it!! (ya right)

Offline 440WhiteBoy

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2006 - 09:35:53 AM »
hey I can still use parts off of that car!
spare tire still looks good!
tail panel is workable, radiator still looks intack. I bet the floors still are not twisted to bad. how about the firewall, wire harness, the grill chrome, header panel, crossmember, wheel wells. the truck surround lip. roof window channels. I have a few cars that need donor metal. still is worth something as she sits>  even if twisted or bent. they can be reworked.

btw- how do we know this car is not stolen? like an insurance job? I bet if you zoom in on the door sticker in the pic you just might make out the vin#
could be a divorce thing too right- hey if I lose so do you thing!

They only see ***STARS***
when hit by a MOPAR !!!

Offline mustanghater

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2006 - 09:37:05 AM »
maybe the  wrecker guy got the wrong car?
come join the fun at
www.mustanghater.forumup.org

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2006 - 12:13:51 PM »
Whata say, lets get dis son of bit@h.

Offline kamstra

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2006 - 12:19:17 PM »
Get the front grill stainless trim, worth some $$$
1970 Barracuda Convertible
1968 Road Runner

Offline inot2old

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2006 - 03:54:43 PM »
You would think a junkyard would at least take the spare tire out, it had lots of tread left.  I thought they always took the tires off.  there had to be something else going on.
'71 Cuda 

'70 Charger project
'05 Crossfire Roadster

CUDAJUNK

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2006 - 06:53:09 PM »
THE BEST THING ABOUT POSTING THE PICTURES IS READING ALL THE MOPAR PEOPLE CRY AND WHINE ABOUT IT BEING CRUSHED :cooldancing: PEOPLE ASK WHY NOT CUT THE VIN OUT OF A 1970 340 BARRACUDA...... MY ANSWER TO THAT IS FIRST THE OBVIOUS IT IS NOT LEGAL TO DO. SECOND ACORDING TO THE MOPAR PURISTS IS IT IS NOT RIGHT TO DO.  I GUESS IF YOU PEOPLE SAY I SHOULD HAVE CUT THE VIN OUT IT REALLY SHOWS THE KIND OF CARS THE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE  REALLY OWN.... PIECED TOGETHER JUNK I WILL POST MORE PICS OF THE 2 OTHER CUDAS THAT WILL SOON BE CRUSHED ALSO BY THE SAME YARD :money:

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2006 - 07:00:25 PM »
THE BEST THING ABOUT POSTING THE PICTURES IS READING ALL THE MOPAR PEOPLE CRY AND WHINE ABOUT IT BEING CRUSHED :cooldancing: PEOPLE ASK WHY NOT CUT THE VIN OUT OF A 1970 340 BARRACUDA...... MY ANSWER TO THAT IS FIRST THE OBVIOUS IT IS NOT LEGAL TO DO. SECOND ACORDING TO THE MOPAR PURISTS IS IT IS NOT RIGHT TO DO.  I GUESS IF YOU PEOPLE SAY I SHOULD HAVE CUT THE VIN OUT IT REALLY SHOWS THE KIND OF CARS THE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE  REALLY OWN.... PIECED TOGETHER JUNK I WILL POST MORE PICS OF THE 2 OTHER CUDAS THAT WILL SOON BE CRUSHED ALSO BY THE SAME YARD :money:

Great attitude you have there. BTW, I don't know one person on this site that would even consider doing a rebody on a car, and if someone suggested cutting the vin out i'm sure it would be in order to add to a cuda registry to track it. Thanks for supporting our hobby.   :eek7:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

CUDAJUNK

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2006 - 07:08:25 PM »
OH YEA.. DUH YOU ARE RIGHT THAT MUST BE WHAT THEY WERE GOING TO DO ADD TO THE REGISTRY... THE MOPAR PURISTS NEVER REBODY ANYTHING.  OR AT LEAST THEY WOULD NOT TELL ANYBODY IF IT BENNIFITS THEM.  IF YOU KNEW ANYTHING AT ALL IT IS NOT LEGAL TO EVEN CUT OUT THE VIN TO 'track it" :nono:THANKS FOR HAVING THIS SITE SO I CAN WATCH ALL THE CUDA PEOPLE CRY ABOUT IT.

Offline inot2old

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2006 - 07:45:02 PM »
Obviously a Cheby guy. lol
'71 Cuda 

'70 Charger project
'05 Crossfire Roadster

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2006 - 08:23:25 PM »
I used to do work for Land Rover when they had their proving grounds out here. One of my jobs was to have the vehicles crushed and schreaded when they were done testing them. It was either that or spend thousands of dollars shipping them back to England. Some of these Land Rovers were worth over 50Gs with the full on suspensions and plush leather interiors, squashed like bugs.

My point is anyone who owns a car can do anything they want with it and although it's sad, if some guy kills his own car I can't help him.

That being said, don't believe anyone named "cudajunk" and really don't believe anyone who is a newbe and always talks on the internet in capital letters.
That BS story about the old guy is crap and the kid who started this is a punk.

Maybe we can get one of the mods to check out his IP address to see if it's one of our own playing a joke or just another lurker

The pic is old, anyone who has been down to the scrapyard lately knows you have to remove the gas tank first to avoid serious fines from the EPA....