Author Topic: OT: Dodge Dart  (Read 4416 times)

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
Re:OT: Dodge Dart
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2003 - 08:21:04 AM »
The ad clearly states that this is a CLONE, so what it is now is a option/equipment replica of a GT. The info provided shows that it left the factory as a plain 318 Dodge Dart Demon, right? So the price is for what your are buying not what it once was! As far as buying vs. waiting for an E bod has to be your decesion obviously. It looks like a nice car and $4000.00 may buy you a E-bod, but it will require another possible $5000.00 to ???? to get the E-bod to the condition you want. Any way you do the math B and E body Mopars require patience, sacrifice and $$$$$$$$$ !! I can tell you that by first hand experience. I don't care to personalize money/car situations, but you obviously are looking for an example, SO.............. You can look up the thread where I showed before and after pics of the 73 Chally we just bought home, I'm only going to say that there is less than $10,000.00 Total investment, that is purchase of a salvage car, parts needed and WANTED, body and paint, The car in my estimation is now a strong #2 car, but she is a DRIVER, so the undercarriage looks factory fresh but not "finished" like you see many done.

Now you can maybe decide a little easier, then again maybe not? Good luck. - WSM
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger