Author Topic: Battery cable routing pic needed please  (Read 930 times)

Offline skid440

Battery cable routing pic needed please
« on: April 11, 2006 - 03:24:44 PM »
Help I need a pic of the correct routing for the battery cable on a 70 challenger big block.  I have the MP replacement cable and TTI headers and it looks like if I route between the tubes it will touch the back runner (see pic).  Should it go behind the last tube and along the firewall first and then wrap around the fender?  Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this but a picture of correct way would really help.  THanks
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006 - 03:28:55 PM by Rev-It-Up »

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: Battery cable routing pic needed please
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006 - 04:19:18 PM »
UGH!!

I know your pain. I bought a cable on E-bay that was supposidly for a 73-74 big-block. The difference is it was 3" longer than the 70 cable. That gave me room to put it where it best worked. The cable does need to go between the 3rd and 4th header tube. If you can hold on, I'll post a picture tomorrow evening of mine.  :wave:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
Re: Battery cable routing pic needed please
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006 - 10:45:21 PM »
There is no correct way when you put headers on sterince all headers are different. Run the cable as straight to the star bolt as possible without touching the beader tubes then secure it under the fender bend-down clamp. I just put a set of TTIs and new battery cables on a 70 'Cuda, but it's out the door. I don't remember any tubes being close to that cable.
Rob
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0