Author Topic: Check this out!!!! Mopar supercars :)  (Read 3463 times)

Offline 73cuda426

Check this out!!!! Mopar supercars :)
« on: April 16, 2006 - 01:52:00 PM »

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: Check this out!!!! Mopar supercars :)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006 - 01:58:27 PM »
Thanks!!!   :thumbsup:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006 - 02:12:22 PM »
 :iagree: Very professional presentation :thumbsup:
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline willhaven

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006 - 03:47:53 PM »
I've been saving the latest episodes of Dream Car Garage on DVR because of the red '71 Cuda they are testing. Each week they show progress in the design and testing of the new suspension and brake packages.

I wonder how much their kits will end up costing.

Offline DQHemi

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006 - 08:36:14 PM »
Our Level I suspension is an optimized stock type suspension for running modern wheels/tires but retains torsion bars and leaf springs.

That's what you've seen so far on Dream Car Garage.

Here's our Level II suspension which gets track tested this week.  Pics are our 71 Cuda engineering car. 

I think this week's Dream Car Garage is introducing the Level II setup.

Level II up front is SLA double A-Arm w/ quick ratio variable rate rack and pinion.

K-Member, upper and lower arms, spindles and rack are all in aluminum.

Out back leaf springs are replaced with a three link rear setup and panhard bar.  Lower links are CNC'd fom billet aluminum and panhard bar is aluminum.  We haven't decided if upper link will be steel or aluminum in production yet.

Coilovers are at all four corners.

Tires up front on the car are now 275's and 290's on the back, but there is more room for bigger out back.

Brakes up front are 6-piston w/ 14" rotors.  Out back are 4 piston and 13" rotors.

If you want to understand how we are developing this stuff look at the Engineering section on our site.

The pics below aren't the best - especially the rear.  They were taken when we were four post testing the car last week - or rather when it was going together.

Enjoy!

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006 - 08:44:49 PM »
Wow! That looks nice, I would love to test drive it.  :thumbsup:

Barry

Oldschool

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006 - 08:47:14 PM »
Very slick looking indeed!    :ylsuper:   

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006 - 09:31:43 PM »
How long before production? What kind of cost for a complete stage 2, and what will be involved for install. Is an engine plate required,  or are stock mounts utilized?
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2006 - 09:44:43 PM »
Interesting,  similar product here https://www.reillymotorsports.com/store/product.php?productid=16146&cat=255&page=1

Supposed to be a direct bolt in though.  I see you have some strengthening welded into the upper shock mount area up front.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline DQHemi

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2006 - 10:08:39 PM »
How long before production? What kind of cost for a complete stage 2, and what will be involved for install. Is an engine plate required,  or are stock mounts utilized?

No engine plate - motor mounts.

Cost will be dependent upon brakes and shocks.  We will have some really high end shocks and some less expensive options.  Same on the brakes.  Can't run stock brakes with this setup.  I don't want to speculate on price, but Level II won't be an inexpensive option.

Timing is a few months out right now.  After we track test it this week we can start finalizing pricing and availability.

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com
John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Offline DQHemi

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2006 - 10:22:55 PM »
Interesting,  similar product here https://www.reillymotorsports.com/store/product.php?productid=16146&cat=255&page=1

Supposed to be a direct bolt in though.  I see you have some strengthening welded into the upper shock mount area up front.

I'd say there are huge differences between that setup and ours.  I won't pick apart someone else's product, but if I'm not mistaken that setup was originally designed for drag racing.  Nothing wrong with that, but that's not what we set out to build for.  Take the time to look and you decide.

Look at the engineering section of our website and drill down in the suspension development process.  Click on the steps and see how we are developing our products.  Look at what four post testing is.

Our setups are fully tested and we have all dialed in matched components, including shocks being valved for the cars.  E and B body will have different spring rates and valving for each platform.  Everything gets run on the four post rig for dial in and then validated and final tweaks are done at the track.  Every one of our setups addresses the front and back of the car. 

re: strengthening: We did full torsion tests to develop chassis stiffening components for the cars.  See pics below.

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006 - 08:03:54 AM »
That is some awesome stuff!!  Keep us informed on the progress please!!   :wave:

Offline CHARGER_FAN

• Undercover Charger
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006 - 04:21:27 PM »
Geez, those pics are the things dreams are made of! :worshippy

'70 Charger 500

daves70

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2006 - 04:57:21 PM »
Amazing stuff!! :grinyes: Still it would be hard to pick between the original old school (my cup of tea, but I'm 48 yrs. old) and the new hi-tech, hi-performance state of the art engineering of today. :1zhelp:

Offline willhaven

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2006 - 08:43:54 PM »
~SNIP~
Ah! I didn't know you guys posted here. Cool.

Do you plan to sell the kit for home install, or will this be an "XV install only" kind of thing?