Developing news story

Author Topic: Developing news story  (Read 3414 times)

Offline rallyechall

Developing news story
« on: April 17, 2006 - 03:37:31 PM »
Okay, this is pretty freaky. Below I have a link to a news story that happened on Easter a couple streets from my house. Mind you, this is a pretty quiet suburban neighborhood. I first heard about it this morning while at work, and called home to check on things. My son asked if I had left the back door to the garage open, and I hadn't. I checked when I got home, and my door is quite hard to close as it swells during the season change. However, I believe with last night's lower temperature, it loosened up enough to open on its own. Everything seems to be OK. Just in case I am going to rig the garage, and render anyone incapacitated if they try to enter unlawfully.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?Date=20060417&Category=NEWS01&ArtNo=604180303&Ref=AR

Offline Cannibal94

Re: Developing news story
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006 - 03:44:34 PM »
weird  :eek7:  :sly:

Oldschool

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006 - 03:46:13 PM »
Back in the day, we used to sleep all night with the windows and doors open.   :sleeping:   Unfortunately, this is a reminder that those days are long gone....................    :screwy:    :hyper:  

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006 - 03:54:42 PM »
Sad that has to happen.  Some peoples children! 

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006 - 03:56:41 PM »
Wow!  That's a bit scary.  I guess I don't understand why they would do that.  What did they get out of the deal except a joyride?  It didn't say if anything else was stolen.  They just drove around for 5 hours with them in the trunk? 
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006 - 03:57:42 PM »
Lucky they weren't killed by the exhaust!   :eek4:

daves70

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006 - 04:20:04 PM »
STRANGE- :clueless:

Offline rallyechall

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006 - 04:21:06 PM »
They were robbed, and left in the trunk. The car was pulled over and the parents were taken to the hospital, but thier 2 year old is fine. It seems that one of the perps was connected to a known drug house in the city. They are still looking for the other. I am going to talk to a few of my friends in the department to find out more info.

Offline highspeeddirt

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006 - 04:48:48 PM »
Back in the day, we used to sleep all night with the windows and doors open.   :sleeping:   Unfortunately, this is a reminder that those days are long gone....................    :screwy:    :hyper:  
I hear ya OS!  It was nothin to leave the doors, and windows open.  Right along with the keys in the car!  Some things are definately better since then, but the sacrifices we have to make for those things, sure don't seem worth it.  How I long for those days back.  But then again, I'm sure most of us do.

Be careful rallyechall.  If they do mess around your domain, they will soon learn it's not smart to mess with us motorheads!  :cheers:
                                       HSD

Butte, MT

Mike

Offline Hemi Challenger

• Nothing run better then a HEMI
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006 - 05:39:13 PM »
All I can say is there is some sick people out there in this world and if I could catch them I'll shoot them and save the people of this Great USA  :wavingflag: alot of money, so BEWARE I shoot first and then I ask who it is  :screwy: because I'm not playing with a FULL DECK when it come to my stuff and my family

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006 - 07:08:34 PM »
Freaky story, Hemi I'm with you!
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline rallyechall

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007 - 06:05:47 AM »
Justice is finally served. Somehow it still doesn't take away the memory of the incident and what emotional scars will remain.

January 24, 2007) — In 17 years as a state Supreme Court justice, Francis A. Affronti has presided over dozens of homicide trials.

But as Rashad Peterkin was sentenced Tuesday for abducting and terrorizing an Irondequoit family on Easter Sunday and a Rochester man the day before, the judge said those two cases, which didn't end in deaths, surpassed levels of savagery he sees in murders.
"You are a danger," Affronti told Peterkin, 18, before imposing a prison term of 50 years — the maximum allowed.

"You must not, in my opinion, be allowed to ever terrorize anyone again," Affronti said. "You showed no mercy to any of these individuals, and in turn I'm not going to show any mercy on you."
Peterkin, who was 17 when the crimes were committed, didn't speak when given the chance.

But his lawyer, Mark D. Funk, said Peterkin maintains his innocence.
"We believe although the jury found him guilty, the jury did not hear proof beyond a reasonable doubt," Funk said. He asked for leniency.

Peterkin and his brother, Don L. Peterkin, 19, were convicted after separate trials of robbery, burglary, kidnapping, aggravated sexual abuse, sexual abuse, unlawful imprisonment and petit larceny.
Jurors found that they accosted an Irondequoit couple and their 20-month-old daughter at gunpoint on April 16, 2006, as the family arrived at their Ridgeview Drive home after spending Easter with relatives.
The family was robbed, forced twice to withdraw money from ATMs, pistol-whipped, ordered into the trunk of their car, and driven around in a 4½-hour ordeal that ended when Good Samaritans saw their plight and called police, who found and freed the family.
The woman was sexually abused twice — once by Don Peterkin in the trunk of the car, and once by Rashad Peterkin in her home.

The brothers also were convicted of abducting a Rochester man from the driveway of his St. Casimir Street home on April 15 when he got out of his car after running errands. He was forced to withdraw money from an ATM and, like the Irondequoit couple, threatened with death if he called police.
Before Affronti imposed sentence, the adult victims of the Irondequoit and Rochester abductions told the judge how the crimes have affected them.

The Irondequoit woman said the pain inflicted on her family was intensified by the knowledge that Rashad Peterkin could have stopped it at any time.
"Not doing anything to stop these crimes is his worst crime ... he just let us suffer," she said.

She also thanked three strangers — Chetara Lewis, Travis Lewis and Sarah Lewis — who called 911 in outrage after the Peterkins stopped at a relatives' home to show off the family in the trunk of the car.
"They are angels and will eternally have the gratitude of our family," the woman said. "They saw a situation that was out of hand and knew that what was happening was wrong. They didn't judge us, they just knew that we were human beings and as fellow human beings we needed their help."
The Democrat and Chronicle is not naming the woman or her husband because she was the victim of a sexual assault.

The trauma of the crimes has caused the Irondequoit family and the Rochester man to sell their homes. In the case of the Rochester victim, 28-year-old Tim Minerd, it meant selling a home that his late grandfather built 55 years ago.
"I'm a mess," Minerd told Affronti. "I don't think I'll ever know the true impact this has had on my life."

Assistant District Attorney Joanne M. Winslow said the sentence was fitting. She echoed a comment by Affronti, who said he recommends that Peterkin, who is eligible for parole after serving 42 years, be required to serve the full 50 years.
"It's unfortunate, it's tragic, that such a young life would be wasted, but it's appropriate," Winslow said.

KTO

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007 - 09:06:15 AM »
All I can say is there is some sick people out there in this world and if I could catch them I'll shoot them and save the people of this Great USA  :wavingflag: alot of money, so BEWARE I shoot first and then I ask who it is  :screwy: because I'm not playing with a FULL DECK when it come to my stuff and my family

But if we took care of our own problems the brainless and worthless lawers and politicans of the world wouldn't be able to create worthless programs, laws and titles and steal our money to fund their pointless miserable lives.

We can't have that now can we? Doing anything other than what george, hillary and oprah tell us to do makes you an extremist dear comrade!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007 - 09:09:48 AM by KTO »