Author Topic: 1964 Fury - PAINT IS DONE!!!  (Read 24953 times)

Offline GreenFish

Re: Rotisserie resto the redneck way
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2006 - 11:34:56 AM »
Looks like something I'm gonna have to try.  I think to be on the safe side I'll do like this guy.

P.G.

I ve seen that green pick up pic before.. the best is the fact that he actually chocked the wheels with a cinderblock.. Did anyone notice he happens to be welding right next to the gas tank?
70 cuda, 440, KB pistons, 10.5:1 compression, edlebrock heads,RacerBrown cam, 5-Speed Tremec, Megasquirt EFI

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2006 - 03:11:40 PM »

I ve seen that green pick up pic before.. the best is the fact that he actually chocked the wheels with a cinderblock.. Did anyone notice he happens to be welding right next to the gas tank?

Yeah we actually talked about that before too!   :screwy:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2006 - 06:06:56 PM »
Looks like something I'm gonna have to try.  I think to be on the safe side I'll do like this guy.

P.G.

ROFLMAO!!!  :roflsmiley:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

KTO

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2006 - 08:29:15 AM »
Here are a couple more pictures from this weekend.

I got the front brakes rebuilt, new cylinders, seals, bearings, shoes etc.

Also got the front fenders pounded straight, primed and coated the backs with POR15.

I am going to tackle the doors next weekend. Then on to the quarters. I'll keep posting pictures here.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006 - 08:32:15 AM by KTO »

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2006 - 08:40:28 AM »
You're making good progress KTO!  Looking good!!
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

KTO

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2006 - 09:21:52 AM »
I picked up a parts car this weekend for the fury. My car does not have any glass and this thing had nothing but the glass. It worked out great considering I got the whole car for the price of a windshield. I was able to scab all the windows, great windshield, front and back glass seals, perfect back up lenses and a straight front bumper and a center trunk pan. (the only panel left on the car :) )

I had to drive half way across I 90 in Minnesota to get it (man I hate that drive) but it was worth it. Just need to haul the rest of the car to a local yard now before the neighbors get ticked :)

I managed to get a bit of work done on the fury after we got back. Got the passenger door and fender stripped, blasted, puttied, undercoated and primed. They look good so far.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006 - 09:24:41 AM by KTO »

Offline Cannibal94

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2006 - 02:07:01 PM »
Yes they do!  Good work...looking good!   :thumbsup:

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2006 - 02:33:24 PM »
Nice progress, KTO!  What's been done so far looks very nice. :cheers:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

KTO

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2006 - 08:24:50 AM »
Here are a few more pictures from this weekend. I took thurs-mon off. I'd say it was a good use of a vacation :)

The big acheivement was getting the rear quarters patched. Unfortunately I found a little more rust than I initially saw in the trunk extensions and inner wheel wells. No problem... I just went down to Tractor Supply Co. and bought a $10 piece of sheet metal... At the checkout counter, I told the gal that I was thinking about buying one of their sheet metal brakes and slip rolls and would like to test them out on the piece of metal I just bought.... They said no problem, and viola... about 5 minutes later, I had a nice set of trunk extensions and inner wheel well patches :) :)

Here are a few pics... don't laugh at my welds too much :) This was my first time and I was using a really cheap flux core wire feed :) Not too pretty but it will hold...

I am going to start blocking it next weekend after I get back from Mopars in the Park in Minneapolis. I hope to have it in for paint within the next few weeks. I'll keep you posted.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006 - 08:57:19 AM by KTO »

Offline TreeFrog

• Resident
  • Can Ya HEMI Now! If you can't dodge it Ram it!
    • TreeFrog
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2006 - 10:49:04 AM »
what year is the fury?
65 Satellite     361 Ruby Red Poly
72 Challenger    360 Top Banana     
73 Challenger    340 Triple Black
87 Dodge Ram     318 Blue
88 Dodge Ram     360 Grey (+)
04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L Pewter Met.

Oldschool

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2006 - 10:58:28 AM »
She's looking good KTO!   :thumbsup:   :ylsuper: 

KTO

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2006 - 12:09:12 PM »
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006 - 01:00:05 PM by KTO »

Offline TreeFrog

• Resident
    • TreeFrog
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2006 - 11:17:46 AM »
cool, any chance you would know where I could get floor pans, trunk pan, quarters, hood etc for my project?

I have a 65 satellite wich should be basicly the same as the Belvedere and other B Bodies...

KTO

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2006 - 11:53:59 AM »
Get ahold of www.kramerauto.com

They specialize in 62-65 B bodys and max wedge resto stuff. They have everything you will need.

They are a bit hard to get ahold of but just keep calling. They seem to answer the phone in the afternoon.

I've got a spare rear lower quarter patch for the passenger side and a rear wheel opening patch for the drivers side I will be putting on ebay within the next week. (if you look at my pictures above you can see the patch panels and what the cover on each side...

They will work on 63 to 65 plymouths. I bought everything for my 64 but did not need to use these 2 pieces. I'll start the auctions at $75 a piece so you might be able to get them really cheap :)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006 - 11:59:20 AM by KTO »

Offline TreeFrog

• Resident
    • TreeFrog
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2006 - 12:57:51 PM »
hey if they will work for my car, I would rather see you get some of your money back...looking at their site some of the numbers no not over lap from 63/64/65...I would just need to know for sure you have a part I can use..

I may not cut up this 65 I might try and patch both (slowly) one piece at a time.... :bigsmile:....

IM me if you ebay, if you just want to get me a price for parts and shipping... I will talk with you..

I go this weekend to bring my original (My Dad's) Satallite home.  I will know more next week as to what I need.