Author Topic: Metal Hood Scoop?  (Read 1252 times)

Offline zerfetzen

• 'Cuda, should'a, would'a...you lost.
Metal Hood Scoop?
« on: April 19, 2006 - 08:10:03 AM »
All I can find are fiberglass hood scoops.  Does anyone know where I can find metal ones, preferably in the style of 440 6-pack, though I'll take what I can get, as long as it's metal.  Thanks.

Offline Green Drop Top

Re: Metal Hood Scoop?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006 - 08:21:24 AM »
 Yes, we make them (we are the only ones as far as I know). Here's the downside, we are swamped with orders and these take an incredible amount of time/ labor to produce, each is 100% hand made to order (40+ hours in each one). So if you don't mind a lengthy lead time (6 months or more is common) and a pretty healthy price (PM me for that) we can help you.

The good news is that these are spectacular in thier quality and accuracy to an original, you won't believe the detail that goes into them. We make a factory style which has a flange that flows out into your hood surface for easy welding, or a folded under flange style that is a dirrect bolt on, the choice is yours. Custom hieghts available at added cost.

Thanks!
Scott
www.harmsauto.com

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006 - 01:24:37 PM »
There is a metal T-A style Scoop out there that's available.
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006 - 05:02:57 PM »
There is a metal T-A style Scoop out there that's available.

That's one of ours as well
 :thumbsup:

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006 - 05:48:39 PM »
That's one of ours as well
 :thumbsup:

So how much is that scoop Scott? Seems alot easier to install than a Shaker.  Do yo have a website?
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006 - 06:20:44 PM »
All of our pricing is on our website, they are all expensive and lead time is lengthy due to the fact that each is 100% hand made and we have allot of orders already in process.  We can make them as shown in the pics (OEM exact replicas) or fold the flanges under so they can be bolted on, same price.

www.harmsauto.com

Thank you!