Author Topic: Got My New TTI Exhaust System Today!  (Read 8331 times)

Offline matt63

Got My New TTI Exhaust System Today!
« on: April 21, 2006 - 03:37:35 PM »
The system finally arrived.  It's the 2 1/2" X-pipe system with the Dynomax mufflers for the Cuda.  I bought the TTI headers last winter.  I unpacked it all and checked it out.  Everything looks great.  The tail pipe hangers will bolt right on.  For some reason I only have the left muffler hanger bracket.  It looks like there was never a right one.  I'll have to figure this out on Sunday now.  Also, my exhaust tips are only 2 inch so I'll have to figure out how to modify these to fit.  The 408 should be running by next weekend!
Matt in Edmonton

'68 Valiant
'73 Cuda 340 4 speed (408) SOLD

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
Re: Got My New TTI Exhaust System Today!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006 - 03:47:01 PM »
 :woo: :woo:  Christmas in April!! 
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Oldschool

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006 - 04:02:17 PM »
Looks like you have something to keep ya busy for a day...   You will discover the TTi system is worth the effort and money.   Great pick up.......     :burnout:     :cooldancing:    ....Oldschool

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006 - 06:02:52 PM »
 :thumbsup:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline jvike

• Pro-Touring Cuda
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006 - 06:27:02 PM »
I bought the 2,5" X-pipe system myself, haven't installed it yet, but like you I've looked at the parts. Looks great. Could'n agree more with you. Seems to be worth every penny.  :cheers:
Member of The Rapid Transit System

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006 - 06:53:37 PM »

:iagree: I think I almost had more fun looking at the parts when I got them than I did thinking about having them installed. They are so nice to touch and look at. LOL! Is that weird?  :clueless: :screwy: :grinno: :biggrin:

My Kind of Christmas would be something like this --------------------->

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006 - 07:12:51 PM »
NICE!!!!!!  That 408 is going to sound great! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline ambitions2

• ..we gunna make it to the finish line...
    • 72 Challenger EV-2 Project
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006 - 08:47:57 PM »
The system finally arrived.  It's the 2 1/2" X-pipe system with the Dynomax mufflers for the Cuda.  I bought the TTI headers last winter.  I unpacked it all and checked it out.  Everything looks great.  The tail pipe hangers will bolt right on.  For some reason I only have the left muffler hanger bracket.  It looks like there was never a right one.  I'll have to figure this out on Sunday now.  Also, my exhaust tips are only 2 inch so I'll have to figure out how to modify these to fit.  The 408 should be running by next weekend!

2 things

My dad has a 70 Challenger that he put the TTi on.  Let me start off by saying how amazing that system is believe me you are going to be happy with it.  He didn't buy the tips from TTi he end up getting his tips from a guy down at Carlisle who does them.  If you want to know any more about that I will let you know.  Second, his didn't come with a right hanger either?  He had to have his fabricated at work, but that is kinda weird that someone else didn't it. 
Project: 1972 Challenger - 340 AT 8 3/4 3.23 gears
http://community.webshots.com/user/jtitan2220

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2006 - 09:37:07 PM »
Haha NZ, that's quite a nice pile in that picture.  One question though, did you have to pull off your Clutch over-center spring to use that diaphram clutch?
Rob
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2006 - 09:42:28 PM »
Haha NZ, that's quite a nice pile in that picture.  One question though, did you have to pull off your Clutch over-center spring to use that diaphram clutch?
Rob

LMAO!!  :roflsmiley: Na, I run a Gear Vendors 6-Speed TF-727 mate...I pinched that photo from the net somewhere. lol  :lol2:

Cheers Rob.  :cheers: :biggrin:

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2006 - 12:42:52 AM »
Haha, That's funny NZ.  Yeah, my kind of Christmas picture would probably have a couple of young blondes in it. Probably couldn't show it here though. I have a couple of engine shots, from the net, that I could post as my own. heh heh.
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

Offline todd383

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2006 - 08:31:23 AM »
hey matt63, you can get the other hanger from tti, they have a list of all the extras  that u can get , you will love that system, i just installed my 3" x-pipe on my challenger and fit perfect,  My opinion, i will sell those tips and get the right ones and have the 2 1/2  go all the way through, you dont want to coke bottle that exhaust system,

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2006 - 08:41:05 AM »
Todd, I put a complete set of 3" TTIs on a friend's CUDA. Headers all the way to the tips. We had to call TTI to get some different Collector adaptors because his exhaust was hanging too low between the headers and mufflers. How close to the ground did yours end up?
Rob
Rob

Offline Mopar73340

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2006 - 11:38:18 AM »
I installed the 2.5" X-pipe system a few months ago and a H-pipe system a few years ago on my other Challenger, headers to tips. Both systems INCLUDED the hangers so I would have them send you the hangers for free. Also the system I just installed is used with the Keisler 5-spd and TTI already knew I needed 6* offset collectors to make it work correctly.
73-Challenger 340 727/GearVendors Auto
73-Challenger 408 Pistol-Grip 5-speed

Offline 74MOPAR

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2006 - 12:20:01 PM »
Depends on the car.  Some had the provisions for the hangers but I believe TTI uses an early style hanger and location.
 Even though my car was A Factory dual exhaust 'Cuda, I needed the TTI Hangers and had to drill holes under the back seat to mount them.
 i found that when the rear end was off the ground the drivers muffler was extremely close to the driveshaft, but the space opened up a bit when rear end was on the ground.  My Clearance wasn't all that great.  The system did fit up nicely, don't get me wrong.
 I still had to be very wary of any angles when entering / leaving the main road.
 The system was a 2.5 H pipe to factory manifolds .
 Get the real oversized tips for your car.  Necking down to 2" is crazy.
74 'Cuda + 73 Charger Rally + $$ + assembly= Noble M400
 03 Ram Hemi 4x4
 78 Aspen Super Coupe