Author Topic: Culvers cruise in pictures, plus a somewhat humerous tale involving myself.  (Read 4742 times)

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
Great pics Ghost  :bigsmile: I couldn't help but notice the For Sale sign in the 68 Barracuda Convertibles Window , Did you happen to get any info on it ?

OF COURSE I did!  Hell, if I had the money, I'd have bought it right there! :rofl:

318 2v, consol auto car.  White top, white interior.  Some rust, but, for a midwest car, it's in good shape.  I got the phone number, should anyone want it.  The man that owned her died, and his widow is selling it.  Asking price is around 8k, I believe.

Offline Ghost

• Resident
Ghost, what you experienced was heat soak on your starter...when it gets hot, it wont turn over, but when it's cool, it's OK. You need to replace it, as it is on it's way out and will eventually fail completely.

I figured it was something like that.  But, what's damn odd, is that's a new starter.  I just replaced the damn thing about 6 months ago. :banghead:

Offline Moparmatt

• Resident
  • Mopar or No Car - Member Since 10/09/03
Ghost - Is the starter still under warrantee? If not, can you complain to the person that you bought it from?

Otherwise, glad to see that everyone made it there okay... and that nightime shot with the parking lights on is really nice! (Is it too early to vote for a calendar cover?)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006 - 06:11:31 PM by Moparmatt »

Offline Ghost

• Resident
Ghost - Is the starter still under warrantee? If not, can you complain to the person that you bought it from?

Not sure, the guy I bought it from is also a big Mopar guy, and he got me a discount on it.  I'll have to ask him.

The group shot with the parking lights is my favorite, too.

Offline Ghost

• Resident
Just gotta add one final shameless plug here.... :rofl:

Offline Cannibal94

Well.....sounds like it will be going on again next weekend...don't worry Ghost...I don't expect you to make it two weekends in a row, but this time I will take MY camera with me!!!  Also, this Saturday there is a show here about 6 blocks from my house that I am planning on attending if I get my car put back together by then.  More pics to follow....

Offline Ghost

• Resident
I think I will try to get up there at least once every 2 months, hopefully once every 5-6 weeks, if I can.

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
Thanks Ghost, that was a fun and interesting story, glad it all turned out. I really liked the night time down low pictures, those could go in a calander or something.

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
Great pics Ghost!  It's always great to meet up with other members from the board.  Hopefully we can do that more often this summer in the ATL.
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Cannibal94

I really liked the night time down low pictures, those could go in a calander or something.

:grinyes: Then my car would be in it!!  :thumbsup:

Offline BP23G0B

Those SRT-8 Jeeps are bad ass.  I went to the Cleveland auto show in February and followed one out of the parking lot.  The driver goosed it a bit to pull out into traffic.  Very sweet daily driver.
'70 Barracuda Gran Coupe
'14 Ram 1500 Express Black Edition

Offline Cannibal94

Those SRT-8 Jeeps are bad ass.  I went to the Cleveland auto show in February and followed one out of the parking lot.  The driver goosed it a bit to pull out into traffic.  Very sweet daily driver.

Very fun going down the track too!!  I went with him 2 weekends ago to an 1/8 mile track....he put an a$$woopin on the new trail blazer and a bunch of ricers.  It is very cool...I love the exhaust in the back...it comes out of the middle of the bumper!!  :thumbsup:

« Last Edit: April 24, 2006 - 11:27:19 AM by Cannibal94 »