Author Topic: Culvers cruise in pictures, plus a somewhat humerous tale involving myself.  (Read 4746 times)

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
I put about 300 miles on my Barracuda, and used up probably $50+ dollars worth of gas, but I had a good (albiet somewhat eventful) time.

On the way to Lincoln, I stopped to get a bite to eat, and clean the bug guts off my windshield.  I noticed that my passenger rear tire was low.  REALLY low.  Luckily there was an auto repair shop right next door, so I went over there to get my tire filled up, and saw this car.  Original 340, was the owners first car.  He also has a 76 Duster with a 500 wedge that he races.

I stay and chat for a bit, then get on my way again.

I reach Lincoln, and pull into a gas station, to read the directions to Cannibal94's house, and to clean more dead bugs off the windshield.  Once I finish, I get back in the Barracuda, and turn the key.  Nothing.  I try again.  Nothing.  Son of a.....

Starter problems.  Not good, since I was about 120+ miles from home....  A guy who worked at the gas station tapped the starter while I turned the ignition, and got me started.

I reached Cannibal's house without further incident.  This is what he owns.

And this is what his Dad owns.

I convoy with him and one of his friends from his house to Culvers, after getting my Barracuda started with the old "Tap the starter, turn the key" trick.

Along the way to Culvers, we meet a couple other guys in a white Chevelle and an 06 Vette, and convoy with them, with me at the end of the line.  At the left turn lane into Culvers, everyone manages to pull in together, except me, because a line of cars came by.  I turn into Culvers, spot a white Chevelle, and follow it.  Turns out, it was a different Chevelle, and I end up parking CLEAR across the lot from everyone else. :lol:

I walk around the lot for a while, snapping pictures, and looking for my friends, finally finding them.  We walked among the cars for a while, taking pics, talking, etc.  Finally, we work our way to where everyone parked, in a corner of the lot, where most of the Mopars congregated.  I decide to bring my car to join them.  So, I walk back down, get in the car, and....  the starter worked.  No tapping it, all I did was turn the key.  I had no other problems the rest of the night.

Aaaaanyway, here are the promised pictures.

70 HEMI Challenger.

72 Challenger Rallye.

71 Charger R/T.

68 HEMI Charger (all original, I heard).  Better pics of it coming later.

And, in the Mopar corner...

Dart Sport.

71 Cuda, owned by member Blue71Cuda  (also there, but not pictured, was Cannibals 71)

69 Superbee.

69 Charger.

70 Challenger vert.

Jeep SRT-8.

68 Barracuda vert.

74 Polara.

And, finally, the Ghostmobile herself, "The Jessica Lynn".

« Last Edit: April 22, 2006 - 01:16:17 AM by Ghost »

Alaskan_TA

Nothing like a good "ghost" story.  :thumbsup:

Barry

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
That was quite a story Ghost.  Thanks for sharing the photos with the rest of us. :cheers: :thumbsup:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Bondavi

Wow, what inspiration for numerous people here on the board!! Thanks Ghost!!  :thumbsup:  :worshippy

David

'70 Challenger R/T FC7 440-6 4spd N96 3.54 Dana - SOLD

Offline JCWCuda

Great pics Ghost  :bigsmile: I couldn't help but notice the For Sale sign in the 68 Barracuda Convertibles Window , Did you happen to get any info on it ?

1974 Barracuda 360
2008 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.7l Hemi
1990 Jeep Cherokee 4.0l
Gone but not forgotten
1967 Barracuda 273
1976 Charger 318
2003 Dakota Quad Cab 4.7l
1988 Jeep Cherokee 4.0l

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
 :thumbsup: Looks like you had a fun day for sure, even though there were a couple moments of anxiousness. Hey, those moments happen, we pulled into a show a couple years back and went to move the Chally, turned the key..........nothing, brand new battery, everything checks out...? Use my pocket knife to hot jump it, starts right off. After checking everything again latter in the week with nothing seeming to be wrong no one can figure what's wrong? Then of all people (my wife), sorry dear, ask........."Could the safty netural switch be bad?" Crawl under the car, nope, it's just fine.........the connection just came loose from the tranny  :roflsmiley:

Thanks for sharing the show with us Ghost, some nice Mopars there  :cheers:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
Thanks for sharing Ghost, great tale and pics :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline Cannibal94

I had a great time.  It was good to meet you Ghost!!  And glad that you made it home ok.

Here are a couple more pics.....

Offline Cannibal94

more........

Offline jvike

• Pro-Touring Cuda
Wow! Exellent writeup and pics, Thanks!
Member of The Rapid Transit System

Offline TheCrazyCheesehead

You guys rock. Sure just feed me more pictures because i could use them. Expectially sence i have to wait a few more weeks to get the cuda out of storage.   :bigsmile:   :cooldancing:  then it will be    :burnout:   :droolingbounce:   :woo:  Oh yea i really loved the night time shots. And Ghost glad you made it down the road ok.
Bryan The Crazy Cheesehead
'69 340-S Fastback Barracuda

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
Great pics!    :cheers:
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline hemi71

• Resident
Thanks for the pics guys! I like the low perspective ones, very nice.

Ghost, what you experienced was heat soak on your starter...when it gets hot, it wont turn over, but when it's cool, it's OK. You need to replace it, as it is on it's way out and will eventually fail completely.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2006 - 07:06:41 PM by Rev-It-Up »

Offline 68 A

thanks for the great pictures! I especially like the night shots 
'68 Barracuda in long term restoration
'70 Dart Swinger for crusin
'88 Mastercraft Prostar 190
'01 Dakota daily driver

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
GR8 PIC'S!!  :ylsuper:  Like that 69 BEE! :clapping:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl