Author Topic: Need Picture of correct 1971 CUDA dash w/ Rallye Guages  (Read 4725 times)

Offline HOTCUDA

Need Picture of correct 1971 CUDA dash w/ Rallye Guages
« on: April 22, 2006 - 02:48:11 PM »
Please help me out. I need this car to look correct. I do not know if the passenger side mirror adjuster belongs on the right side of the dash. Also a picture of the non A/C dash control unit included. Thanks in advance!!!!!!!

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: Need Picture of correct 1971 CUDA dash w/ Rallye Guages
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006 - 03:00:03 PM »
Welcome aboard.  :wave:

I would like to see a picture of what you have. These cars didn't come with passenger mirrors that had remote(interior) control. Maybe this mirror is from a later year Mopar?

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline HOTCUDA

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006 - 05:08:37 PM »
Hey Mike,
                Well the dash is completely out with wires everywhere. I currently have 2 woodgrain dashboards , one has a hole on the right hand side. I have no idea what thats hole is for. The remote mirror was thought to be an option and it was mounted next to my shaker carb air handle located under the glove compartment. This is why I mentioned that hole. I am piecing this car back together and only have an idea what a highly optioned stock dashboard is supposed to look like. It seems that I am just getting speculation and not hard fact. Any feedback appreciated. Pictures to follow.                                        Thanks  AL

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006 - 06:06:18 PM »
Al,
  I think I got it. That mysterous whole in the woodgrain is where a seat belt light should have been. The later year E-Bodies had that, I'm not sure if a 71 does or not.  :clueless:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline HOTCUDA

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006 - 07:26:16 PM »
Hey Mike or anyone,
           Here are the the pics of the woodgrains that I have. I generally know that the 70-71 dash has the holes for clock and tripometer on the bottom, however I do not know if there should be a larger hole on the right like in the second pic. This is why I assumed that a remote for the passenger side mirror belonged there. Currently on the car (correct or not) it is mounted under the glove box next to my shaker carb air handle. I do not think it belongs there. The third pic is the heater control box, also do not know if this belongs on this car, if not what does?  Car does not have a/c if that helps any. I know there are a lot of questions asked here that's why pics of a correct dash for 1971 would help. Thanks   AL

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006 - 07:47:03 PM »
 :clueless:  I thought the hole in the side was for a light??   :dunno:

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2006 - 04:43:08 AM »
Al,
  If your car did have Rally gauges originally, then that heater control is correct only if it had A.C.. The non-A.C. controls are just two levers that slide back and forth. Sorry I don't have a picture. The top picture you have posted is also correct for your gauges. Now my question for you is, what year gauges do you have? Do you have the reset knobs thru the woodgrain like the first pic? I'm just wondering how you got both types of woodgrain panels. And yes, in the second picture, that hole on the far right is for a seatbelt light.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2006 - 05:00:38 AM »
Hey,
  Lookie what I found.  :jumping: This is the seatbelt light for your second woodgrain bezel. If you need it, it's yours.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline HOTCUDA

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2006 - 06:52:47 AM »
Hey Mike,
                 Thanks for the feedback. Basically my whole point to this post is I want the car to have a 71 dash...so I guess that seatbelt light is a from a 72-74 dash. Thank you for the offer Mike but if doesn't belong on the car than I can't use it. Very nice gesture though!!! Anybody with a correct 70-71 dashboard who can include pictures of the temp control box and where the remote for the mirror belongs....please post them. If a remote for a mirror did not belong on this year car let me know how the passenger side mirror supposed to be adjuted. Pics and location of radio also would help.                                                       Thanks again everyone, AL

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2006 - 09:09:16 AM »
If a remote for a mirror did not belong on this year car let me know how the passenger side mirror supposed to be adjuted.

I would bet that the passenger mirror on the car is just like the one on my cuda . . . to adjust it . . . roll down the window and move it where ever you want!   :lol:   That is the only way to adjust it that I know of!   :thumbsup:

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2006 - 09:32:11 AM »
Unless you cuda had a some kind of "special order mirror" that we haven't seen yet, That mirror doesn't belong on your car.  A friend of mine bought a set of passenger adjustable mirrors at the Mopar Nats, but they didn't come off of an E-Body. Does your pass mirror look big and round like the driver's mirror?   What is the spacing on the holes to mount the mirror.
I have a non-air cluster I'll take a pic of, If someone doesn't beat me to it.  Lots of non-Air cars out there.

Rob
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline HOTCUDA

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2006 - 10:07:59 AM »
Reply to first message, the mirror looks stock and matches driver side exactly.....also matches the driver side adjuster exactly. Thats why I can't figure out if it was stock or not..if so where would I mount it? It just would make sense to mount it where I could reach it while driving....know what I mean??? And to the second reply ...those pictures of a non a/c e body with rally guages for a 71 E-BODY would be great.   Thanks guys, AL

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2006 - 12:26:42 PM »
Al,
  In the mid to late 70's, Aspens, and Cordoba's, and such had mirrors that resembled E-Body mirrors. The heads looked the same, but the bases were slightly different. They had 3 screws that got bolted on from the inside of the door. Do your mirrors have 2 screws holding them on from outside? If so, they are probably E-Body mirrors. If you don't see any screws, then they aren't original.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline HOTCUDA

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2006 - 12:59:26 PM »
Gonna check it out..shoot you back a post in a bit....
                                                       AL

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2006 - 12:04:33 AM »
Here are a couple pictures of a non AC 70 heater control side dash panel.
Jeff
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006 - 11:09:16 AM by 71340RT »

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4