Author Topic: Air ride rear 4 Link  (Read 912 times)

Offline 2000gt

Air ride rear 4 Link
« on: April 22, 2006 - 02:51:02 PM »
Did anyone else see this in the latest Mopar Muscle mag (green Superbird on the cover).  It's on pg 70.  I wonder how the carwould handle, launch, etc with a kit like this in it???  Is this too "ricey" for a mopar?  Anyone?

Woops, can the mod please move this for me to the suspension forum, sorry.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006 - 03:16:02 PM by 2000gt »

Offline JimCuda

• MOPAR > Move Over Plymouth Approaching Rapidly
Re: Air ride rear 4 Link
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006 - 07:32:36 PM »
I didn't ctach the mopar article but I did catch a very kewl show on "Dream Car Garage" where they did some suspension modding work on a 1971 'cuda. At first thought of them doing this somewhat ticked me off but when you think about it, these cars were purchased to be mod'ed and why to make them to perform better. Hay if you got the money to do it, want you mopar to not only blast off in a straight line but maybe handle like a modern car you have to appreciate the efforts. Everything from a 3 link suspension, upper and lower a-arms, etc.etc. The show totally showed the difference in a full corner on the pedal and show the lean/grab difference. I hope to see the show again.

Eposide 11 of the Dream Car Garage showcased the upgrade to the 71'
http://www.dreamcargarage.com/episodeguide.htm

Xtreme Velocity MotorSports
http://www.xvmotorsports.com/cars/car_suspension.cfm

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006 - 12:19:41 AM »
I have not seen the magazine either

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline falcon50flier

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006 - 07:50:30 PM »
While I was at Mopars at the Strip in Vegas I heard the Air Ride setup mentioned a few times among E bod guys. For one, Matt Delaney said its coming along well. He does a lot with the Heidts setup already, so I'd bet he'll be doing a project with an early one..
70 Challenger convertible
518 cid Hemi, TF727, 3.73 Dana 60