Author Topic: 71 Barracuda For Sale ~SOLD~  (Read 3187 times)

Offline CMRunton

71 Barracuda For Sale ~SOLD~
« on: April 23, 2006 - 10:50:50 PM »
I have for sale a 1971 Barracuda, orig a slant six, now with a 440, located in Boulder, Colorado. It also has a Reilly Motorsports Alter-K-tion front suspension. I had it on eBay a few months back, but it did not sell. This is the page, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4628549500&ssPageName=STRK:MEUS:IT so that you can get an idea of the car without me taking up a ton of space here. I've worked out the dent in the front fender, and done a little work on the lower valence, but i am by nomeans a body man, so more work should be done. As far as the rest of the body is concerned, the car will need a left hand trunk extension, and a lower quarter patch panel. No need for a completely new quarter, but a little work should be done. The trunk floor has a good deal of surface rust, but is solid enough for me (185lbs) to stand on. The frame rails are not rusted, and very solid. The floorboards are solid with little surface rust. I've removed the fuel tank to empty the 4 year old gas, havent put it back on yet, but i will if need be. I've got pictures of the trunk, and all 4 frame rails, if someone would like to see them. I'm asking $18,500 for this car, and while that may seem high, keep in mind i've put over $22k into the car, and I still owe a good chunk of that money back. If you have any questions for me, please ask either here, or PM me and I'll get back to you as quick as possible, or you can call me at 303-919-0002. Thanks for looking, Craine
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006 - 01:27:48 PM by CMRunton »

Offline willhaven

Re: 71 Barracuda For Sale
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006 - 10:59:53 PM »
It's a shame this wasn't selling a year from now. A fairly solid car with a little boddy work needed. I even wanted to do the same front end as you've got. Too bad I'm saving for a down on a house right now. :walkaway:

Offline inot2old

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006 - 05:19:30 PM »
Looks like a nice car for the price, I wish I had the money.
'71 Cuda 

'70 Charger project
'05 Crossfire Roadster

daves70

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006 - 05:27:03 PM »
Nice car!! Somebody should step up to the plate and take a swing at this. :grinyes:

Offline JimCuda

• MOPAR > Move Over Plymouth Approaching Rapidly
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006 - 10:37:55 PM »
I have to ask, there was one picture where the oil pan looked really low to the ground. Was your front-end's ride height set after the front end work when you took that picture shot of the oil pan and have you raised it?

Looks like you have done much with it, and doesn't look like the interior and engine compartment is in bad shape at all. A little body work and this would be a very sweet ride! I am sure you will find a buyer here.

Good luck.

-Jim

Offline CMRunton

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006 - 02:48:41 AM »
I have to ask, there was one picture where the oil pan looked really low to the ground. Was your front-end's ride height set after the front end work when you took that picture shot of the oil pan and have you raised it?

Jim,
 At the time the pictures were taken, i had just installed the new front end, but i had not adjusted the ride height. The coilovers were set as low as the could be, but I have since raised the car about 1.5". There is still at least another inch or so that the front end could be raised if need be. Craine

Offline JimCuda

• MOPAR > Move Over Plymouth Approaching Rapidly
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006 - 08:07:11 AM »
Very nice.

Offline CMRunton

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006 - 12:21:25 AM »
bump

Offline frank_hemiman

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006 - 09:44:52 PM »
What year 440 motor are you using

Offline CMRunton

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2006 - 01:11:03 PM »
I think that it is a '76 block, but I'm not sure and I will check when I get home from work tonight. Craine

Offline CMRunton

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2006 - 03:33:22 PM »
It is a 78 440 block.
Craine

Offline CMRunton

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2006 - 01:19:12 AM »
Unless I sell the car before then, it is going up on ebay on June 1st.

Craine