Author Topic: Gas  (Read 2603 times)

Offline JimCuda

• MOPAR > Move Over Plymouth Approaching Rapidly
Re: Gas
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2006 - 11:59:27 AM »
A few things come to mind on this topic:

The Crack Theory - Basically we are being pimped out because we can. In the minds of all the oil tycoons they know we need it, they know we can't live without it, so what ever the cost they(meaning us) are still going to buy it and use it.

Oil is a business. Cost to find it, pump it out of the ground, refine it and sell it.

Who regulates your raise at work? Your boss. Who gives him the money out of yearly budget to give you that raise? His boss. Who governs the amount of money that is allotted for yearly salaries? The CFO. Where does the company get the money for all this? You the consumer.

What does this all mean? You the consumer regulate how much you use of their product and where/who you buy it from. They (Oil companies) just find more ways on making more money off your habits.

Conspiracy Theory - Charging you more at the pumps right this minute just Raises The Bar (or playing ground) and to make more money quicker for everyone surrounded by the profits of oil. What do you mean, "Raise the bar" you ask?

Let me explain, if I were to tell you that by the end of the year you would be paying $10 a gallon for gas you would start another Boston Tea party in your area. However if I tell you nothing and raise and lower gas prices over the course of the next 8 years on the average of a $1 a year, you would be none the wiser.

Sure you (the average consumer) will complain about it, maybe even not use as much, but in the end you'll pay for it. Everyone will eventually ride their car around, use their lawn mower or gas powered device. Coming back to the real world and today's gas prices. If the whole population of the United States complains enough, you might get the big oil giants to lower the prices from from $3 a gallon to $2.75 or even $2.50; doesn't that sound like a deal? Thats what I mean by Raising The Bar, they have done their jobs and secured a new price range to work with. And guess what with a price break from the peak amount, you'll be thinking, wow what a deal.

I mean why bother selling gas for under $2 (gas prices not that long ago) when we can sell it for over $3? Heck I remember seeing gas prices when the gas wars were going on 10 years ago. The price dropped under a buck at one place and had cars lining the streets because it dropped to 59 cents.

I think the big oil companies got together and made a deal with all their friends and said instead f tightening the belt, lets see if we can't all get fat together. Just my :2cents: however I made need my 2 cents back later this year to pay for the gas going into my 'cuda.

:hyper:

Offline typentinner

Re: Gas
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2006 - 10:54:55 PM »
i have spent almost every evening, and weekend of the last 5 years restomodifying my cuda. i bought a new hemi ram,[my dream truck], to pull it to long distance shows/drags. gas prices and my long distance job forced me to sell the ram, and get a 4 banger.  i'm driving my 440 cuda even if i have to take out a 2nd mortgage!!!