Author Topic: Pinks ( More Cooked Rice )  (Read 1774 times)

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
Pinks ( More Cooked Rice )
« on: April 24, 2006 - 11:16:39 AM »
Watched Pinks again last week, another ricer vs. RWD domestic.  As expected,  ricer boy wanted 15 lengths first race.  What's with these twits ?  After the laughter subsided and the domestic whomped the Honda 2 races in a row, the Honda got 14 lengths.  I'm suprised the Domestic could even see the guy drop his hands.  Anyway, the Honda never even moved, broke an axle.  You'd think they'd figure out you don't need nitrous to go to the grocery.

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
Re: Pinks ( More Cooked Rice )
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006 - 11:20:32 AM »
.  You'd think they'd figure out you don't need nitrous to go to the grocery.

P.G.

:roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:  That was great!
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006 - 12:55:29 PM »
I thought that was funny when the guy with the Honda said I need 15 cars, and dude with the Mustang says no way!! But I'll give you 14...lol :sly:

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006 - 02:11:46 PM »
That's awesome, I'm sorry I missed that one, I'll have to look for it on Speed. :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: Seriously, if you are going to challenge someone to pinks at least have a car that can run somewhat close to that of your competitor. You just get laughed at if you ask for lengths, especially lengths of more than say 5 cars. When will these ricers learn?
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline 68 A

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006 - 02:16:59 PM »
i've never seen the show and am a little confused. The car lengths that yoru referring to, that means that the faster car will start 15 car lengths behind the start line to make up for racing a slow pos?
'68 Barracuda in long term restoration
'70 Dart Swinger for crusin
'88 Mastercraft Prostar 190
'01 Dakota daily driver

Oldschool

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006 - 02:37:01 PM »
I can't remember who posted this first, but I agree with this statement:  "Run what ya brung, and hope you brung enough."   If you need a bunch of car lengths, you didn't bring enough.....................   Oldschool

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006 - 02:46:42 PM »
i've never seen the show and am a little confused. The car lengths that yoru referring to, that means that the faster car will start 15 car lengths behind the start line to make up for racing a slow pos?
Yup a full raced out Honda civic, gutted interior, roll cage, turbo with NOS. Got BLOWN away by a street Mustang with a Chevy crate motor and NOS.
The best part about it was the guy with the Mustang was just sand baggin his car to make like it was bearly faster than the Honda.

Offline challenger72rt

• My l'il girl w' Dodge hat
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006 - 09:09:16 PM »
I can't remember who posted this first, but I agree with this statement:  "Run what ya brung, and hope you brung enough."   If you need a bunch of car lengths, you didn't bring enough.....................   Oldschool

If ya check, that was me.  I stand by my statement
"Once upon a time I had a really bad Monday"

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006 - 09:21:31 PM »

Wouldn't mind seeing that show....maybe they'll throw it on Discovery some day soon..... :swaying:

Honda's (IMO) are the bottom of the barrel, yuck, I'd never own one, ever.
Nissan's get respect though. Nissan Skylines R32 are the only Jappa I'd own, but I'd never buy one.  :grinno:

:2cents:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline mopar-or-no-car

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006 - 09:30:48 PM »
I watched it the other night and couldn't believe it!!!  : :roflsmiley: seemed like a bunch of men whining!!!! I agree "Run what Ya brung"!!!!!!! :thumbsup: Why agree to race something and then make them alter it!! The one I watched they made the guy take off his NOS set up! AND give the other guy 5 lenghts??? what is up with that????????? Are these men or boys???? It was CRAZY!!!!!  :pullinghair: I want to watch OLD FASHIONED RACING!! RACE WHAT YOU CAME WITH!!! RIGHT?  :clueless:

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2006 - 05:52:09 AM »
68A,

When you get spotted "lengths" they move your car ahead of the start line.  15 lengths is dang near half way to the finish line. 
:banghead:

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline challenger72rt

• My l'il girl w' Dodge hat
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2006 - 08:42:17 AM »
My Rules for Pinks

1. Run what you brung heads up.  No lengths, and no negotiating use/don't use nitrous

2. Cars must be limited to no more than a 12 second quarter mile car, to avoid going over-the-top with power

3. Track/show officials get one run down the track to ensure the cars conform with regulations

4. Use a 'tree'.  No arm-dropping.  This isn't a freakin Paula Abdul/Keanu Reeves video!

5. Use a 'board' so the rest of us can see the ET's and speed.  This will also help with 'photo finishes'

6. cars are street driven, street legal and DMV registered

7.  Whiners walk home!

"Once upon a time I had a really bad Monday"

Offline chevyconvert

• HvacMan
  • Member since November 04, 2005
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2006 - 06:16:14 PM »

Wouldn't mind seeing that show....maybe they'll throw it on Discovery some day soon..... :swaying:

Honda's (IMO) are the bottom of the barrel, yuck, I'd never own one, ever.
Nissan's get respect though. Nissan Skylines R32 are the only Jappa I'd own, but I'd never buy one.  :grinno:

Carl..Do they still call certain tourists "smurfs" in N.Z. ?
Eric
'70 Hemi Orange RT/SE 440 Six Pack Pistol-Grip 4 speed
Bay Area California

Offline 74MOPAR

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2006 - 03:02:08 AM »

Hold on now, didn't you own a Subaru Turbo sedan ??
74 'Cuda + 73 Charger Rally + $$ + assembly= Noble M400
 03 Ram Hemi 4x4
 78 Aspen Super Coupe

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2006 - 03:09:39 AM »
Hold on now, didn't you own a Subaru Turbo sedan ??

Yip, sure did!!....and a Nissan Primera while you're at it (first car).... :smokin:
Great Surfing wagon the Subrau was (no rice at all) and something that I have owned....but would never do buy.

:wave:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60