Author Topic: Fondest Memory - what you got?  (Read 2780 times)

Offline ambitions2

• ..we gunna make it to the finish line...
    • 72 Challenger EV-2 Project
Fondest Memory - what you got?
« on: April 25, 2006 - 04:18:30 PM »
I am 20 years old, I have a 1972 Challenger.  I have had it since I was 18, and let me tell you I love every second.  Fondest memory:

-Pulled into the gas station up by my house on a nice summer day (all right so I skipped school, come on its was a Friday).  I fill the tank (which WAS ALOT CHEAPER THAN NOW) and walk inside, pay and come back outside.  I come back out to 2 guys looking at my car and I start to laugh so I walk up to them and am like wow nice ride and lean on my car a little bit.  One guy is like "son back up I wouldn't touch the car", so I'm like yeah your right.  Walk over to the driver's door, jump in and am like later guys.  I look in the rear view mirror to see 2 guys with their jaws on the ground and watch me as I leave the gas station.  You know I had to spin the tires a little at the light, you know just to wake them back up  :grinno: 

I know you guys hav memories, what you got?

Project: 1972 Challenger - 340 AT 8 3/4 3.23 gears
http://community.webshots.com/user/jtitan2220

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
Re: Fondest Memory - what you got?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006 - 04:35:57 PM »

Fondest Memory - All. The ups are awesome and even the downs are good.  :thumbsup:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline lemurfart

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006 - 04:46:49 PM »
well im 20 and get my car back in october

i dont really have any good memories yet...  :crying:

im purdy sure i get the engine back in about 2-3 weeks, then i have to get headers, exhaust, mufflers, and a new radiator

then i should have some good memories
2008 Ducati 1098 - Flat Black :)

1972 Dodge Challenger 340-4-4speed pistol

Offline Skeletoil

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006 - 05:09:19 PM »
This should be included here: I could not understand how someone that I talked to could spend $13,000 on his paint job on a fiberglass bodied streetrod, it was new body.Nor at that time could I understand how it was worth $65,000. I'm getting a little older now and inheritances unfortunately have come into play, as have life insurance policys. No direspect, I'd give it all back to go back and change some things between me and my Dad. You can't. I'm still thanking my Dad for suggesting that I take out life insurance on him in his last ten years. Maybe he wanted turn back the clock too. I like all cars and do the street rod shows too, I see those older guys gettin sideways in Blown '34 Hemi Plymouth coupes. I'm like yahhhhh, now that's what I'm talkin about. My wife didn't see this until I uped her life insurance with me as the primary beneficiary and the kids as secondary. I was just thinking of dear old Dad, family and stuff really. Then she saw it. Oaaauch, Oaaauch, Oaaauch. My wife was so mad she heated the cast iron skillet twice before she beat me down, I just could not convince her she was worth so much more than a Blown '34 Hemi Plymouth coupe... I don't know I just love those short skirts or maybe no fenders. Peace Dad...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006 - 05:19:51 PM by Skeletoil »

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006 - 08:58:21 PM »
My buddy Jay had his '73 340 'CUDA back in high school and we would play racquetball
at ASU after work .  Long story short, security got to know us real well and every night we went over there we had to hide the car in a different place... That car was a little ratty looking but it was tight and fast.  Like a Go Cart with a 340 4speed and 390 gears.

He still has it in his garage , apart
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006 - 09:02:27 PM by 360cuda »

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006 - 09:40:01 PM »
lots of great MOPAR memories.....

one of my favorites,
...spending the weekend at the MOPAR Nats in Indy showing a couple of my cars and heading home about dusk Sunday evening driving my HEMI Challenger RT/SE(yep, I drove it everywhere even though it was the first one built).....I remember hitting the ramp to get on I-70 East and hearing all 8 Barrels kickin' in.....windows down, the sound of the HEMI winding hard thru the gears was unbelieveable....I wound it well past 100 mph before backing out of it....settled it down to about 80 mph and passed everything on the interstate to my exit about 50 miles away....what a ride...

favorite story ,
...a buddy of mine and I went to the MOPAR Nats in Columbus about 1987 or so.....I drove my green 69 Daytona(10K mile original) and had a great weekend....I went to buy a car and spent all weekend looking with no luck.....just before leaving the grounds I spotted a Tor Red AAR Cuda.....the deal was done in about 5 minutes(I was in a hurry)....counted the cash out in the trunk of the car, the owner signed the title, we loaded our junk in the Daytona, got the keys to  the AAR and left the grounds headed home to Indiana....after hitting I-70 we decided to see what the little AAR was made of and I pressed the Daytona well past 100 and my buddy had the AAR so close to the rear of my car all I could see was the windshield of the CUDA.....we ran for about 30 miles in tandem at close to top end....the truckers were on their radios opening up the left lane for us, waving, blowing their air horns and cheering us on the entire way....the trip ended with a pizz stop at a rest park, and a good laugh about the way those two cars ran....

AAR was a numbers matching rust free original....automatic, 41K miles, rubber bumpers....I paid $8,800 cash for the car and it looked and ran like new...sold it a few weeks later, bought it back again a couple of years later and then sold it again at the MOPAR Nats.....it went to Dallas Texas.....

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006 - 10:46:54 PM »
Fall 1975, only had my '73 Challenger a few months when I was out on my very first real date. We were headed back toward our end of town and she had scooted over onto the console and snuggled up to my shoulder. We'll to say the least I was a little excited & gave the 340 a little extra throttle. When the 727 hit second gear the surge sent her pot over tea kettle into the back seat. I was pleased.  :grinyes:
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006 - 10:58:25 PM »
Oddly enough, my fondest memories involving cars actually involve my old Neon.  I had my first kiss in that car....

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006 - 11:15:05 PM »
in 1976, I was 16,  bought my first '70 Challenger 440 4 speed out of a Trading Times (now auto trader) for $1200. It had a b-body trans in it with the single front mounted shifter and a rearward welded handle ball shifter, No console. I put new house carpeting front to rear and it looked nice. After a few months of driving around, I went to a party being hosted by an older 17 year old Blonde girl that I kind of liked.  To make a looooongg story short, I ended up taking her for a drive, then got back to the front of her house. She didn't want to go in yet because "her brother was in there". SOoooo,  She did me in my Challenger across the bucket seats.    Yes, 1st time. and yes, It was GREEAAATT!!!!!!!!!

Rob
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2006 - 11:38:15 PM »
SOoooo,  She did me in my Challenger across the bucket seats.    Yes, 1st time. and yes, It was GREEAAATT!!!!!!!!!

Wow I did not see that coming. Thought you were going to say you made out or something...too funny :lol:
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2006 - 12:15:36 AM »
getting the crap beaten out of me at shcool every week or so

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2006 - 12:20:14 AM »
also the time I asked out 24 chicks in 14 days .......23 said no the 24th stood me up  :woo:
 how does that go again ? guy asks woman to marry him she declines & he lives happily ever after  :dunno:

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2006 - 12:21:26 AM »
or possibly buying my Last chevy & having it break down every 55.6 feet

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2006 - 08:40:46 AM »
Oddly enough, my fondest memories involving cars actually involve my old Neon.  I had my first kiss in that car....

Careful Ghost, after all this IS a "clean" neighborhood site  :roflsmiley: And the fact you were talking about the Neon, a kiss is about all ya could get away with my young friend.  :roflsmiley:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2006 - 05:58:47 PM »
Well, considering I'm 20 and my project is on the backburner while I'm going through college, the best story I have with it is when I first picked it up.  I actually had an officer on-duty stop by the gas station we were at to check out the car and ask about a '70 Limelight 'Cuda he was looking at.  And of course there's all the looks and HUGE smiles people gave me as they saw a young'n (17) driving back a muscle car that was just in primer and the original green in spots. (the cop actually thought it was going off to be painted at that time. :roflsmiley: )  I can only imagine how sweet it's going to be when I finally get a chance to start driving it around.  I'll fill you all in when that time comes. :thumbsup:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin