Author Topic: TRACK REPORT!!!!!!!! You wont believe.....  (Read 9140 times)

Offline moparnut

• Resident
  • Nutin like a nice Piece of Hickory"Clint Eastwood
    • My Photo's
Re: TRACK REPORT!!!!!!!! You wont believe.....
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2006 - 09:41:46 AM »
I dont really care what other people buy,its their choice,but for me I believe since I am an American and live in this great country I try to always buy American,I believe its my duty to do so.
Buy American
Support our troops
Defend our country against all threats,foreign and domestic
 :bigsmile: :wavingflag: :wavingflag:

70 Barracuda Gran Coupe,383-4bbl,# Match
2012 Subaru Forester
70 D100 Adventurer 383 pickup
02 F250 S'cab Powerstroke 7.3 4x4 6 speed Manual
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3

Offline GreenFish

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2006 - 11:39:59 AM »
I could care less what anybody uses for a tow vehicle.. THere a multiple reasons why someone would buy a new car. Everyday drivers are different than your hobby. Personally i drive a new charger everyday, but before that i had a Volvo S80. My tow vehicle is a Ram but my best friend has a Ford F350 Diesel.. id take that thing anyday.

Bottom line..   Those times are awsome. My best is an 11.65 id love to get down to the 11.40s what combination are you running?
70 cuda, 440, KB pistons, 10.5:1 compression, edlebrock heads,RacerBrown cam, 5-Speed Tremec, Megasquirt EFI

Offline challenger72rt

• My l'il girl w' Dodge hat
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2006 - 11:42:54 AM »
buying a Foreign car = Letting the terrorists win.

tsk tsk

nawwww I'm only kidding.  I'm Canadian.  All we ever did was the Bricklin.
"Once upon a time I had a really bad Monday"

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2006 - 12:02:01 PM »
What so few seem to realize is that just about every car made today is "Foreign" even most Ford, DCX & GM products, brand, or even country of origin loyalty means very little these days, we now live in a world economy.

I'm sorry to say it but here in the USA manufacturing (as we once knew it) "has left the building".

Offline cudacharlie

• 70 Cuda convert, 70 Charger R/T
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2006 - 01:18:00 PM »
NICE TIMES!!!! YOU CAN YANK THE TIRES ON A STREET CAR!!!   YOU ARE DA MAN!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

But I think American cars were king back then. Not so much anymore.

Here's what $40k worth of 2006 Dodge-Chrysler iron will do for ya...

Will - you oughta test drive one of Dodge's SRT vehicles... I went to the SRT Track Experience and had every single one of them up to 120mph and beyond, with no rub, no scrub, no funny biz.  I have a Magnum SRT8 and that thing deeeeeestroys any other car I can find.  Ruins BMWs that cost twice as much.  The SRT was only $40k!   Show me ANY $40k import that can sit at 160+ mph and be solid as a rock and I'll consider it...

How much NSX, Skyline, or M-whatever's can you get for $40k?  And, how confident will you feel at speed?  I am of the opinion that the latest Dodge and Chrysler products ruin the German and Japanese offerings at half their price.  Ever driven a $40k BMW?  It's like a beginner version that Beverly Hills dentists get for their daughters on their 16th birthday.  Wanna go fast in a BMW?  Get ready to spend Viper money or more.  Hey, a V12 BMW will destroy any Dodge, but that thing costs more than a Ford GT! 

BTW:  The speedo pic above is not mine, but it is very legit.  A basically stock Chrysler 300c SRT8 (no power adders), in top tune, with the speed limiter defeated by pulling fuse 17 (I think), running at an undisclosed location... The driver is an Air Force pilot, so I suspect a disused runway somewhere?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006 - 01:20:31 PM by cudacharlie »
70 Cuda convert
70 Charger R/T
06 Magnum SRT8

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2006 - 02:06:37 PM »
I seem to have been misunderstood.  It's nothing against Honda, or any other foreign make.  It's the Ridgeline ITSELF that I hate, because, to me, it bastardizes the good name of Truck.  I feel the same way about the Ridgeline, and, indeed, the Avalanche as well, as you guys would feel if they made the new Challenger a FWD economy car.

I think I need to explain my feelings about this subject.  Being a farmboy, I grew up around real trucks.  Trucks that were made to be trucks.  We beat the hell out of them, and they came back for more.  Hauling a large stack of hay bales around the pasture, pulling a gooseneck trailer full of calves to the sale barn, checking the cornfields, pulling a tractor that got stuck out of the mud, all those things are what I expect a truck to be capable of.  I would NOT want to take a Ridgeline, or an Avalanche, on ANY of those chores.  I wouldn't trust them to stand up to the abuse.  Frankly, I don't consider anything to be a real truck, unless it's capable of pulling farm duty.

We had an old, late 80s Ford F-150 as a farm truck.  It wasn't in very good shape, stalling, beat to hell, all that.  But, if I had a choice, I'd take that crappy old Ford LONG before I'd use either of the SUV trucks on the farm, and that is saying quite a bit, my friends.  And I'm not alone on my feelings.  I've seen maybe 3 Ridgelines around here, and all are in-town only vehicles.

It's nothing personal against 440chall.  I'm sure the Ridgeline is a fine vehicle to drive around town in.  But I don't consider it to be a truck, and, unless they drastically redesign it, I never will.

Offline 74chall

• Mopar or No Car
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2006 - 04:00:07 PM »
  But I don't consider it to be a truck, and, unless they drastically redesign it, I never will.

WHO ASKED YOU ANY WAY!  Stick to the farm buddy , you wouldnt last 2 minutes in the city!  :crying:

JIM= never got your questions but if i do get any more pics ill shoot them your way.

GIVE OUT MY COMBO!!! ARE YOU GUYS NUTS!  :roflsmiley:

No prob!

440 .030 (446")
cat rods 1.034 pin
ross 82008's
cast crank
MP solid 296 557'

Ported eddys, milled to 78cc chambers gives me 10.7.1 compression
crane gold race 1.5's
eddy performer rpm
bigs built 950hp
old hooker 1 7/8

Bout it???  :thumbsup:

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2006 - 04:13:46 PM »
Let's play nice gentlemen! :nono:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006 - 04:37:32 PM by Rev-It-Up »
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline zerfetzen

• 'Cuda, should'a, would'a...you lost.
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2006 - 04:24:37 PM »
Nice run times, nice motor set up, and one fine avatar pic...I like those bodies as much as e-bodies!

:cheers:

By the way, I'm new and getting into this, so sorry for a newbie question.  What do you mean by:

MP solid 296 557'

I'm just glad this stuff is work safe..after all, I can see a coworker looking at my screen some time and seeing, let's see, strokers, double-pumpers, Hookers, etc.  :roflsmiley:
Thanks.

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2006 - 04:33:31 PM »
I'm just glad this stuff is work safe..after all, I can see a coworker looking at my screen some time and seeing, let's see, strokers, double-pumpers, Hookers, etc.  :roflsmiley:
Thanks.

:roflsmiley: :thumbsup:
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2006 - 04:41:50 PM »
Zerf.  He means CAM:   Mopar Performance, Solid lifter, 296 Degrees duration, and .557 total gross lift at the lobe.

If you want to learn all of the terms, read the classifieds at the back section of a National Dragster magazine, where you are charged by the word.

Rob

i.e.   " '70 Cuda, Haas, Hairy front, 9"-spool, strut, link, rack, tubbed, cheetah, dana, strange, MSD, Crossover, cert. till 5-07, T/K or roller, Call Rob, 314-xxx-xxxx."

see what I mean?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006 - 04:59:24 PM by shelbydogg »
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Oldschool

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2006 - 04:56:31 PM »
Thanks.

True that!   Your co-workers must really be wondering what you are looking at when they see those terms followed by---   :useless:     :roflsmiley:   :roflsmiley:   :bigsmile:   :naughty:   :cooldancing:       

Offline moparnut

• Resident
    • My Photo's
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2006 - 05:53:33 PM »
I seem to have been misunderstood.  It's nothing against Honda, or any other foreign make.  It's the Ridgeline ITSELF that I hate, because, to me, it bastardizes the good name of Truck.  I feel the same way about the Ridgeline, and, indeed, the Avalanche as well, as you guys would feel if they made the new Challenger a FWD economy car.

I think I need to explain my feelings about this subject.  Being a farmboy, I grew up around real trucks.  Trucks that were made to be trucks.  We beat the hell out of them, and they came back for more.  Hauling a large stack of hay bales around the pasture, pulling a gooseneck trailer full of calves to the sale barn, checking the cornfields, pulling a tractor that got stuck out of the mud, all those things are what I expect a truck to be capable of.  I would NOT want to take a Ridgeline, or an Avalanche, on ANY of those chores.  I wouldn't trust them to stand up to the abuse.  Frankly, I don't consider anything to be a real truck, unless it's capable of pulling farm duty.

We had an old, late 80s Ford F-150 as a farm truck.  It wasn't in very good shape, stalling, beat to hell, all that.  But, if I had a choice, I'd take that crappy old Ford LONG before I'd use either of the SUV trucks on the farm, and that is saying quite a bit, my friends.  And I'm not alone on my feelings.  I've seen maybe 3 Ridgelines around here, and all are in-town only vehicles.

It's nothing personal against 440chall.  I'm sure the Ridgeline is a fine vehicle to drive around town in.  But I don't consider it to be a truck, and, unless they drastically redesign it, I never will.
OMG and here I thought I was the Only Redneck on this site,lol.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006 - 06:22:52 PM by Rev-It-Up »
2012 Subaru Forester
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2006 - 06:13:00 PM »
WHO ASKED YOU ANY WAY!  Stick to the farm buddy , you wouldnt last 2 minutes in the city!  :crying:

I've lived in the city for the past 4 years now.  Come again?

Now, is there a reason you went right to attacking me, instead of telling me why the Ridgeline isn't such a bad vehicle in your eyes?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006 - 06:34:25 PM by Ghost »

Offline moparnut

• Resident
    • My Photo's
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2006 - 07:18:53 PM »
I've lived in the city for the past 4 years now.  Come again?

Now, is there a reason you went right to attacking me, instead of telling me why the Ridgeline isn't such a bad vehicle in your eyes?
Hard Times are reall there's dusty fields no matter where you go -oh,You may change your mind,cause the weeds are high where corn dont grow!

Travis Tritt
2012 Subaru Forester
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3