Author Topic: TRACK REPORT!!!!!!!! You wont believe.....  (Read 9161 times)

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
Re: TRACK REPORT!!!!!!!! You wont believe.....
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2006 - 10:20:26 PM »
pssst...Nick - nice times and thanks for the in-action shot :thumbsup:

Russ (lostcountfornow)  :bigsmile:
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2006 - 10:50:09 PM »
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline cuda496

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2006 - 03:30:39 AM »
I've lived in the city for the past 4 years now.  Come again?

Now, is there a reason you went right to attacking me, instead of telling me why the Ridgeline isn't such a bad vehicle in your eyes?

i don't think 74Chall is obligated to have to explain or justify *anything* regarding the Ridgeline.  it's his choice of truck, period.  that's all the reason necessary.   this all got out of hand with you bashing his choice of truck.   the thread was supposed to be about his cool challenger. 
as previously stated, just let it go about the ridgeline. jeez.....   

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2006 - 03:33:01 AM »

Absolutely Agree.  :iagree: With that bad ar$e Challenger he doesn't have to justify anything:grinno:

(Well, perhaps to Oldschool)  :roflsmiley:

Offline 74chall

• Mopar or No Car
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2006 - 04:29:27 PM »
Thanks Cuda 496 and NZ.  :wave:
As far as old school,  maybe we can take him out with a 150 shot of juice planed for the next outing ... :grinyes:  :ylsuper:
What kind of times yah turning any way old school?

Oldschool

« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2006 - 04:40:03 PM »
Thanks Cuda 496 and NZ.  :wave:
As far as old school,  maybe we can take him out with a 150 shot of juice planed for the next outing ... :grinyes:  :ylsuper:
What kind of times yah turning any way old school?

Hey,  how did I get in the middle of this?    :roflsmiley:    Oldschool has too much fun cruising and showing the car to do much racin'.   :burnout:  But, that said, the Beast runs mid 10.30's @ 135 mph without power adders of any kind.  On pump gas.  For less than $3,000.00 I can get her in the 8's.  But she wouldn't be very streetable anymore.  I like her just the way she is.  If you run faster than the Beast, I tip my hat to you, but I won't change the Beast.  Too old to play "keep up with the Joneses".   Just remember---- a 150 shot of nitrous will pick up the Beast pace also..........   :grinyes: 
No worries from Oldschool---I wish you the best, and hope you get her as fast as you want her.....  Keep those vids coming..................    :cooldancing:   
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006 - 05:05:43 PM by Oldschool »

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2006 - 08:02:02 PM »
i don't think 74Chall is obligated to have to explain or justify *anything* regarding the Ridgeline.

Usually, during a discussion or arguement on a vehicle, one does not first attack the person with the other opinion.  One either attacks or defends the vehicle itself.  So, are you excusing his immediate attacking of me?  Or do you support it?

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2006 - 08:54:33 PM »

Usually, during a discussion or arguement on a vehicle, one does not first attack the person with the other opinion.  One either attacks or defends the vehicle itself.  So, are you excusing his immediate attacking of me?  Or do you support it?
DUDE, let's just drop this! ::) :misbehaving:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2006 - 08:58:47 PM »
So, are you excusing his immediate attacking of me?  Or do you support it?

Ahhhhh, you attacked his truck Ghost. (The hole gets deeper.....)
You were the only one to spot the Honda, everyone else was drooling over his Challenger and her times.

Usually, during a discussion or arguement on a vehicle, one does not first attack the person with the other opinion.  One either attacks or defends the vehicle itself.

Your first post wasn't an opinion, it was a statement:
"what the hell is that crappy Honda Ridgeline doing pulling your car?"

As stated he has nothing to justify to you, or in fact anyone else.

:iagree: with SC73.

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2006 - 09:47:10 PM »
Ahhhhh, you attacked his truck Ghost. (The hole gets deeper.....)

Attacking a new "point A to point B" vehicle is not nearly the same as attacking a person.  Now, if I had been attacking the Challenger, a car that he put his blood, sweat, and tears into, it would be a different story, but, attacking the so called merits of a new vehicle is something else entirely.  Hell, I even took it easy on the Ridgeline.  So far I just stated my opinions about it, if I started with the facts against it, there would be no defending the vehicle.

Now, going back to my original post, who's to say it wasn't just a little good natured ribbing?  I would have thought that in the year and a half I've been here, I would have made it quite clear that I tease and joke around half the time.  My first post wasn't that serious, actually, but when I saw how defensive he got, I thought I'd get a discussion going, on the Ridgeline.  Which is why I specifically differentiated the Ridgeline from 74chall in my second post.  I wanted to see him, as an owner/driver, state what he likes about it, to counter my opinions, and from there, we would tear it down into facts.  Usually arguements of this type are civilized and enjoyable, and you get better results about the merits or disadvantages of something than you would by straight asking.  Unfortunatly, he attacked me, instead, and my attempts to get back to anything resembling a civilized discussion got sidetracked.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2006 - 09:50:03 PM »

Offline cuda496

« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2006 - 10:38:48 PM »
Attacking a new "point A to point B" vehicle is not nearly the same as attacking a person.  Now, if I had been attacking the Challenger, a car that he put his blood, sweat, and tears into, it would be a different story, but, attacking the so called merits of a new vehicle is something else entirely.  Hell, I even took it easy on the Ridgeline.  So far I just stated my opinions about it, if I started with the facts against it, there would be no defending the vehicle.

Now, going back to my original post, who's to say it wasn't just a little good natured ribbing?  I would have thought that in the year and a half I've been here, I would have made it quite clear that I tease and joke around half the time.  My first post wasn't that serious, actually, but when I saw how defensive he got, I thought I'd get a discussion going, on the Ridgeline.  Which is why I specifically differentiated the Ridgeline from 74chall in my second post.  I wanted to see him, as an owner/driver, state what he likes about it, to counter my opinions, and from there, we would tear it down into facts.  Usually arguements of this type are civilized and enjoyable, and you get better results about the merits or disadvantages of something than you would by straight asking.  Unfortunatly, he attacked me, instead, and my attempts to get back to anything resembling a civilized discussion got sidetracked.

well, if you go back to page 2 i believe 74Chall did defend the Ridgeline by mentioning it's attributes/strongpoints(mpg, seating, towing, resale, etc).   IMO that should have been the end of the discussion.  then you responded again with more bashing of the truck.   

this is really getting ridiculous...

« Last Edit: April 30, 2006 - 10:48:11 PM by cuda496 »

Offline chevyconvert

• HvacMan
  • Member since November 04, 2005
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2006 - 11:42:03 PM »
 :popcorn: :bricks1: :popcorn: :bricks1: :popcorn: :pullinghair: :pullinghair: :pullinghair:

this thread is still talking about the ridgeline? how about this for a solution...

:thinkerg:   if anyone mentions it again, everyone ignore it   :dunno:
Eric
'70 Hemi Orange RT/SE 440 Six Pack Pistol-Grip 4 speed
Bay Area California

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2006 - 12:45:07 AM »
This thread is still talking about the ridgeline? how about this for a solution...
 :thinkerg:   if anyone mentions it again, everyone ignore it   :dunno:
:iagree:
And as a note, whenever someone wants to discuss something else that isn't related to the thread, please continue your discussion through PM's.  That way nobody else has to read through it and it doesn't overtake the original post like this incident with Nick's choice for a daily driver. :cheers:
 :swaying: We're all MoPar enthusiasts here, so let's leave it at that and get back to talking about our fun cars. :thumbsup:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2006 - 12:57:58 AM »

What shade of blue is your Challenger Nick?  :roflsmiley: (Lame change of subject)  :biggrin: