Author Topic: If this is your broadcast sheet you owe me a beer.  (Read 4224 times)

Alaskan_TA

If this is your broadcast sheet you owe me a beer.
« on: April 27, 2006 - 05:56:03 PM »
Hi gang,
This one is a mess, most of the codes are legible though. It is for JS27N0B162209 - here are before and after shots, it took just a wee bit of reassembly.  ;)

T/Ake care,
Barry

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
Re: If this is your broadcast sheet you owe me a beer.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006 - 06:22:45 PM »
Holy crap!  Someone with a Challenger Conv R/T is going to LOVE you!

Very nice job! :cooldancing:
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006 - 06:26:50 PM »

Nice work Barry.  :thumbsup:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006 - 08:43:13 PM »
Wow, that was bad... :misbehaving:  Nice job piecing it back together Barry. :clapping:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006 - 10:42:57 PM »
Nice job, like usual you gave 200% :thumbsup: I just want to know how you are going to store that. Would suck if you have to piece it together a 2nd time.... :pullinghair:
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006 - 11:17:10 PM »
Nice job Barry. Looks like a few hours putting it back together.  Ever thought about becoming an archeologist?
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006 - 11:28:46 PM »
Hey guys,
It took a little over two hours for this one. I call it "carcheology". 

As far as saving it goes, I taped a transparency sheet over a copy of an intact broadcast sheet as a guide. I smoothed out the bends and folds as best I could, then using tiny pieces of double sided tape and tweezers I secured the remnants to the transparency. Once it was back together I inserted in a celluloid overlay and then inserted that in a page protector. It should be safe now for years to come.  :thumbsup:

If anyone has archival experience I would love to hear tips or better ways if anyone knows of any, I have just been experimenting so far to see what works.

T/Ake care,
Barry

Offline FY1443433

• 1971 Superbee, 1970 Challenger R/T
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006 - 03:39:04 AM »
Alaskan_TA,

You are an artist !!  :worshippy

Hopefully, you'll find mine.

FY1443433

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006 - 06:14:01 AM »
Barry,

You're making the rest of us look bad  :ylsuper:

Great work as you always do.  I have some archival experience, been a book collector for 30+ years.  Scotch type tape is a definate no-no.  Over the years it will turn itself and anything it touches brown.  Get a pack of acid free backing boards from a comic shop and some standard size magazine bags.  Archival tape is available too, I'll put up a set of links at the end.  If you find one for a Hemi Cuda Vert and want it restored, not reproduced, there are places that can do it and you won't be able to tell.  Not cheap tho.

http://www.bagsunlimited.com/cart/browse.asp?subcat=107              Backing # KAF28ML  or  KAF40ML

http://www.bagsunlimited.com/cart/browse.asp?subcat=106              Bag # SMAGL2

http://www.dickblick.com/zz173/11/                                              Tape

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2006 - 06:53:31 AM »
I have 1/2 my broadcast sheet in tact.  The other half ripped in probably 30 pieces by mice.  I might have to give that a try Barry.  Thanks for the inspiration!
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2006 - 08:00:59 AM »
I imagine that if you took two pieces of plexi glass the size of the paper you could then insert it between them to keep flat, visible and sealed from the elements. This is just an idea I thought up that might be worth a try to keep it preserved from yellowing or drying out.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2006 - 08:08:13 AM »
Very nice and patient work Barry, as another source of protecting and preserving I bet your public library can give you some techniques on this kind of "restoration" too, I'm sure they have to preserve historic pics and documents from time to time. Just a thought.  :cheers:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline GreenFish

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2006 - 08:26:41 AM »
I would post on Hemmings MOtor News that you have it.. i bet some one who owns that car would sure like to have that thing.
70 cuda, 440, KB pistons, 10.5:1 compression, edlebrock heads,RacerBrown cam, 5-Speed Tremec, Megasquirt EFI

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2006 - 02:24:40 PM »
Thanks for the tips, I will see what I can find in Seattle next week, that site will not mail stuff to Alaska.  :screwy:

This broadcast sheet and close to 2000 other items are listed for the owners to claim in the "found" section of www.hamtramck-historical.com so the owner can find it with a little searching.  Not sure if they still have it but Hemmings did have a link up to the site last year, no one ever used the link though, I can track what sites the links are accessed from. :thumbsup:

T/Ake care,
Barry

RedLine

Re: Build sheet analysis : From the Cold Case Files
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2006 - 03:32:16 PM »
Barry??  "Want to play a game?"