Author Topic: Galen's Chrysler Registry  (Read 21395 times)

Offline Tropicalcats

• Resident
  • Don't Ever, Ever Give Up
Galen's Chrysler Registry
« on: April 28, 2006 - 07:54:24 PM »
Ok, After waiting since Febuary to recieve my Chysler Registry report from Galen Govier I finally recieved it today. I just got one question. What does it mean? I was thinking that it would tell me how many of my 70 Challenger R/T with my paticular options had been produced, but I don't see it. I plan on calling on Monday to have them explain what this information on the form means but in the mean time has anybody recieved one of these? can anybody help me decifer the form? has anybody recieved option and accessories report? and what will that tell me?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006 - 03:04:29 PM by Rev-It-Up »
1970 Challenger R/T 383  Matching#s JS23N0E under construction. It's Plum Crazy
SOLD

Alaskan_TA

Re: Galen's Chrysler Registry
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006 - 08:09:38 PM »
There are no records stating how many cars came with the same option groups, not even Galen has that type of information.

As for the information in the box, it means that he has 91 JS23N0E cars on file, and as far as the VIN numbers go, yours has the 57th highest VIN. Someone else was 57 before you registered I bet.

T/Ake care,
Barry

Offline Tropicalcats

• Resident
  • Don't Ever, Ever Give Up
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006 - 08:17:06 PM »
Thanks Barry

So there is no way to find out if I'm 1 of 1 or 1 of 4000?  :dunno:
and after doing this for this long Galen only has 91 LA R/Ts that have registered with him? That sounds like a low number. :clueless:
Barry
you got to start an LA registry. :1zhelp:
1970 Challenger R/T 383  Matching#s JS23N0E under construction. It's Plum Crazy
SOLD

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006 - 08:29:05 PM »
Yup, no way to know. There have been several cars in magazines over the years that were written up as "one of one" and then people read the article and write in, "Hey, I have one just like that!" The whole one of one thing is bunk, there is just no way to know.

One red on red AAR with rubber bumpers was written up as a "one of one", and it falls in a whole sequence of duplicate cars.  :dunno:

As far as the LA Registry goes, someone needs to do it for sure. If no one starts one before I move east and get settled in I will try and do it. The way things are right now the 1970 Hamtramck cars take up all my time and then some. Thanks for the vote of confidence though!

T/Ake care,
Barry

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006 - 09:12:15 PM »
I was thinking the same thing.  Was thinking about taking it on too.  Maybe we can work together.  I'll talk to you about what it takes and the best way to go about next weekend.

~Cody

As far as the LA Registry goes, someone needs to do it for sure.

T/Ake care,
Barry
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006 - 09:19:16 PM »
Sounds good Cody, I can help you get started in the right direction if you decide to take it on.  :cheers:

See you soon,
Barry

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006 - 10:07:56 PM »

Yip, unfortunately there is no way we will ever know.

The only possibly way would be to get ALL the Mopars of that model in the world in the same park, then start narrowing them down by color, engine/trans, options etc....until we get groups of each.
So, seeing as that is impossible and the fact that even doing this means the cars that got crushed or cars that are in heaven (RIP) would not be counted, there just isnt anyway.

Maybe they'll find a secret stash of all the original Chrysler records.  :grinno: :-[

:2cents:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline A383Cuda

• Sal's Muscle Cars
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006 - 10:32:12 PM »
Well now that is confusing.  :clueless: I have been told that my car is 1 of 79 (71 Gran Coupe with 383 727 combo). I have been told that records show only 79 were produced. Is that the case or is it 1 of 79 registered?

Offline camjam

• Rare-it-T
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006 - 10:35:46 PM »
1 of 79 registered.
71 Challenger R/T 383 4spd - 1 of 10 known to have been built for canada - restored
70 Charger R/T SE 440 auto - restored

Offline A383Cuda

• Sal's Muscle Cars
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2006 - 10:40:06 PM »
Damn, all this time I thought I had something rare....maybe it's time for  :ebay:

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2006 - 11:16:24 PM »
Common as dirt... time to put it on blocks and part it out!  Hurry... I will need your address.  :roflsmiley:

I'm being serious now, it really doesn't matter how many there were of a color and style car.  You have one of the coolest cars on the planet regardless if it's 1 of 7 or 1 of 7,900.  You just don't see them any more!  And if you like it, that's all that matters.

Keep it and enjoy it as much as you can.  You can not take it with you... right? :thumbsup:

Well now that is confusing.  :clueless: I have been told that my car is 1 of 79 (71 Gran Coupe with 383 727 combo). I have been told that records show only 79 were produced. Is that the case or is it 1 of 79 registered?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006 - 11:18:02 PM by C O D Y »
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline Bondavi

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2006 - 11:21:03 PM »

Weird....Galen charged me last Thanksgiving for the Chrysler letter I requested last July. Still haven't received the stuff. Maybe he's being extra careful because he wants to make sure the N96 option is the real deal.  :clueless:

But your car.....priceless. I had a guy the other day ask me to trade a '71 Demon 340 4spd plus a wad of cash.  :grinno:
David

'70 Challenger R/T FC7 440-6 4spd N96 3.54 Dana - SOLD

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2006 - 11:27:03 PM »
A383cuda,
Yours is one of 79 produced for sale in the US I believe, (export records are not known) but if you want to know how many of those 79 were blue with black interiors, black vinyl top etc, there is no way to know.

T/Ake care,
Barry

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2006 - 11:27:42 PM »
I want to think about it for a little bit, but I'm leaning towards doing it.

Having designed a couple of websites (using Dreamweaver MX) for my company and myslef.....

www.fit-shop.com & www.reichfamily.net

I feel this should be a failry easy task for me and the cost should be minimal.  Is there anything I should know about the processes and work you do for the Hamtramck site?  What are your biggest hurdles and pitfalls?  How much time on average does it take out of a day or week to stay up on everything?

:thumbsup:

Sounds good Cody, I can help you get started in the right direction if you decide to take it on.  :cheers:

See you soon,
Barry

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2006 - 11:33:52 PM »
Answering emails, letters, phone calls and keeping the data and filing current takes me about 35-40 hours a week. Hamtramck built a lot more cars that LA though. The time issue is why I have not taken on LA or 1971 cars, I have to work sometime.  :eek4:

Think about it for sure, it takes a lot of time.

Barry