Author Topic: Galen's Chrysler Registry  (Read 21385 times)

Offline Bondavi

Re: Galen's Chrysler Registry
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2006 - 11:54:50 PM »
www.fit-shop.com & www.reichfamily.net

Ah....the fitness equipment industry.....now I know where to hit the goldmine to afford myself Vipers and v-code Cudas!  :bigsmile:

Nice family site....especially the one about the dogs. I hope you find a cure for Laci.

BarryT/A, what other Chrysler plants other than Hamtramck and Los Angeles produced E-bodies, if there were any?

David

'70 Challenger R/T FC7 440-6 4spd N96 3.54 Dana - SOLD

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2006 - 12:12:03 AM »
 Funny guy!  :roflsmiley:  Pot calling the kettle black.... mister "V" code challenger!  :thumbsup:

David, thanks for the kind words.

Ah....the fitness equipment industry.....now I know where to hit the goldmine to afford myself Vipers and v-code Cudas!  :bigsmile:

Nice family site....especially the one about the dogs. I hope you find a cure for Laci.

BarryT/A, what other Chrysler plants other than Hamtramck and Los Angeles produced E-bodies, if there were any?

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2006 - 02:14:15 PM »
E-bodies were produced at two plants for the 1970 model year, LA and Hamtramck.

From 1971-1974 they were all built at Hamtramck.

T/Ake care,
Barry

daves70

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2006 - 02:46:56 PM »
Interesting stuff! It's to bad they didn't keep better records of what they built back then.

Offline fishn4cuda

• Cuda Fan!
  • Ft. Jennings, OH
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2006 - 04:20:05 PM »
It's not that. I believe there was some type of fire at some point and alot of records were lost forever by Chrysler.
Cant kill the mean and ugly. Only the good die young...I plan to be here a while!!

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2006 - 04:22:47 PM »
Yes.

It's not that. I believe there was some type of fire at some point and alot of records were lost forever by Chrysler.
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline A383Cuda

• Sal's Muscle Cars
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2006 - 02:02:39 AM »
It wass probably caused by the leaking passenger valve cover leaking on the headers while a car was leaving the plant.  :crying:  God I hate that!

Offline Bondavi

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2006 - 03:30:06 AM »
I think if you order the "options and accessories" package from Galen this includes the workup in production numbers of your car with the options/acc's that it has. Tropical, did you order this as well?

See the Galen letter in this eBay auction (cool 3-spd R/T!!) and you can see it includes assessment of production number in respect to how it was equipped:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971-Dodge-Challenger-R-T-Shaker-383-3spd-1-of-1_W0QQitemZ4634497882QQcategoryZ6198QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Maybe thats why its taking a long time with mine.... :dunno:

David

'70 Challenger R/T FC7 440-6 4spd N96 3.54 Dana - SOLD

Offline Tropicalcats

• Resident
  • Don't Ever, Ever Give Up
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2006 - 09:51:21 AM »
I think if you order the "options and accessories" package from Galen this includes the workup in production numbers of your car with the options/acc's that it has. Tropical, did you order this as well?

See the Galen letter in this eBay auction (cool 3-spd R/T!!) and you can see it includes assessment of production number in respect to how it was equipped:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971-Dodge-Challenger-R-T-Shaker-383-3spd-1-of-1_W0QQitemZ4634497882QQcategoryZ6198QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

david

you could be right At the bottom of my letter it says " For more detailed production figures including sales Codes, ask for the  Option and Accessories report" I did not order that as I thought I ordered what I needed. :dupe:

I think you may be right. The description of the O &A may say it all. I'd like to think I could pin it down a little closer.
1970 Challenger R/T 383  Matching#s JS23N0E under construction. It's Plum Crazy
SOLD

Offline N96cuda

• Kirks Cars
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2006 - 11:34:40 PM »
I will be more than happy to sign up my LA built Cuda when the registry is started. But, what I need now is a current 6-pack registry. Are there any?

70 Cuda 440-6 Shaker, Auto, Vitamin C, stripe delete, black int. & vinyl top, luggage rack, Magnums, build sheet
71 Cuda conv. 383 4-speed, Rallye red, black top, int. and billboards, 2 complete build sheets
09 B5 blue Challenger SRT-8
www.93cobra.itgo.com

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2006 - 12:08:16 AM »
Here are some of the better registries....

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/links.shtml

I'm not aware of a 70 six pack regisrty... that doesn't it doesn't exist, just that I haven't found it yet.

I will post more info as soon as the site is up and running.  In the mean time, tell me a little more about your car.  What's the color, late or early build, shaker, 4 speed?  How long have you had it?

I will be more than happy to sign up my LA built Cuda when the registry is started. But, what I need now is a current 6-pack registry. Are there any?

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2006 - 12:13:59 AM »
I just checked out your website... very cool cars!  Any chance your VOE cuda's VIN is close to 105444

Offline Tropicalcats

• Resident
  • Don't Ever, Ever Give Up
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2006 - 01:56:47 PM »

Just got off hte phone with GTS. A very nice woman answered these questions for me.

Q. Is there a way to tell if your car is 1 of 1 or 1 of 2000.
A. No.What we can give you is information hat may help you to narrow it down,but actual number do not exist

Q. What will the Options and Accessories report tell me.
A. It will tell you what options were available for your year and the percentage of cars in that year that got that option. This could be a place to start to narrow down the rarity of you car.

This one was for David..

Q. How long will it take to get the Options and Accessories Report.
A. I think I have some in stock I could send it out today.
1970 Challenger R/T 383  Matching#s JS23N0E under construction. It's Plum Crazy
SOLD

Offline ohio cuda

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2006 - 06:36:14 PM »
Tropicalcats, I think you have 1 of 1. :bigsmile:

kudakidd

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2006 - 07:04:58 PM »
Barry, thanks for what you do for FREE. I knew a long time ago that the 'registry' was a joke. I know that mine is one of 334 440 4-speeds built in '70, but narrowing it down to 'one of....' is impossible unless DC produces the microfilm to do more. :crying: