Author Topic: My lack of particapation .......................  (Read 1470 times)

Offline RUSTY Cuda

• One big step foward!
My lack of particapation .......................
« on: April 30, 2006 - 08:02:20 PM »
I feel a little awkward here, I hesitate to post stuff like this, but also feel bad about leaving anyone who may be curious in the dark, so here it goes!
My sister in laws husband,who was a friend  before a bro in law(my wife & I introduced them to each other) has been battling cancer for about two years, he passed away 3 weeks ago today. He was only 53, a couple of months younger than me. Leaving behind a wife who has been more than heroic in tending him & still dealing with all of the other issues that come with such prolonged illnesses & His three children 18, 17 & 14 , all great kids, Makes it even harder to deal with.
We got together & paid off their mortgage,& family members have been sending them a little here & there to get by with the regular bills, luckily we have a large & generous family so it has helped some, His wife worked almost full time, the two older sons also have part time jobs,but you know what times are like these days, it will be a continuing effort. I wish I personally could do more.
I do read posts like this, but after a few years on the net, I have opted to say a prayer in private & not post up a response, I just feel saying the same thing is inadaquate & the "silent" response is heard where it needs to be, don't like feeling on the spot & sure don't wanna put anyone else there.
We are doing ok, just gona take a while to get the "heart" back.
Thanks for careing, Rich.

Alaskan_TA

Re: My lack of particapation .......................
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006 - 08:22:08 PM »
Hey Rich,
It sounds to me like you have been participating in very important matters, and doing very well at it. My condolences to you and the rest of the family.

Barry

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006 - 08:36:27 PM »
My sincere condolences to you and your extended family, it's good to see they have a strong support group to help them through things, you are a good person.

I also have been quiet as I was a paulbearer at a funeral for one of my freinds from the car club this last Wed, he was killed in a fiery accident  1/4 of a mile from where I work. I had seen the horrific scene and found out later it was someone who I considered a very good person that was no longer with us. 
It is important that we all show our loved ones how much we care everyday and examine our life insurance policies to see if they will meet the needs of our family if something tragic were to happen.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006 - 09:39:27 PM »
Rich ya's are gold man :angelwings: :)
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006 - 09:42:44 PM »

Sorry to hear about that Rich, keep strong and keep the faith my friend.

My condolences to you and your family.  :sadwavey:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006 - 10:38:04 PM »
Sorry!   :sadwavey:

Offline Hemi Challenger

• Nothing run better then a HEMI
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006 - 04:15:17 AM »
My Condolences to you and the Family, But one of these day it will get better  and every thing will turn around on the Family for the Good, My Heart goes out to  the young Boys, I to have Cancer and now, when I met anyone on the Street and they ask " How are you doing" I tell them about me and I also tell them to go to they Dr. Office and Have Test done Cancer is a Deadly killer and I do not wish that  on anyone Good Luck and I'll be saying  a Pray for the Family  :angelwings:

God Bless
                                                  Hemi Challenger   :sadwavey:

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2006 - 07:40:12 AM »
It's so much easier to accept death when the person is elderly and lived a full life...it's expected.  It's much more difficult when the person seems to have many years left and people they are responsible for.  The support of family and friends and strong spiritual fortitude is the only thing that holds loved ones together.  My heart goes out to your family, Rich. 
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2006 - 10:38:26 AM »
Real sorry to hear about what's going on your family.  Cancer can be a real nasty thing.  I dealt with it myself and thank God the form I had was treatable.

You have a heart of gold for what you're doing!  Take care.
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline FY1443433

• 1971 Superbee, 1970 Challenger R/T
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006 - 10:45:21 AM »
No explanation required!    My father died when I was ten, he was 51.

We feel the pain........

FY1

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2006 - 01:00:36 PM »
Sorry to hear about that, Rich.  Cancer really sucks.  My Uncle died at 50 something because of lung cancer and left my two cousins when they were both pretty young. (as was myself)  My condolences go out to your family. :'(
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Mark 12:30

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2006 - 01:08:20 PM »
My hear go's out to you and your family. Your in my prayers.

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2006 - 03:30:28 PM »
Rich, sorry to hear this news and thanks for sharing with us. Obviously totally different, talking about such situations can seem as awkard and difficult as going through it at times. Your family is strong and caring, and giving like that is certainly to be commended. Again, thanks for sharing with us I hope it has helped you in doing this. Our thoughts are with all of you.
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2006 - 04:03:45 PM »
I am so sorry to hear this Rich.  Thankfully it seems like the family is sticking together and supportive in this time of need.  Prayers are being sent your way. 

Offline RUSTY Cuda

• One big step foward!
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2006 - 04:58:20 PM »
Thank you all, Being on 3 boards pretty regularly I have seen way too many of these stories & posted a few of my own early on, I guess the fact that we represent many age groups, with many people around the 50 mark we have had or sooner or later will have to deal with loss of our parents & grandparents , those are hard enough. The younger ones snached from us take there toll,I have to reach out to the parents who have lost children though, had a guy in town loose his son in iraque, we weren't best buds ,just casual neighbors, the boys played little league together, we coached together a few times, that really has to rip your heart out.
Life will go on, time will heal us a bit, but it seems the older I get the more pieces are missing! Again, thank you all for the well wishes, Rich.