Author Topic: Oh, but they getcha!!  (Read 855 times)

Offline challenger72rt

• My l'il girl w' Dodge hat
Oh, but they getcha!!
« on: May 08, 2006 - 07:00:25 PM »
I currently pay about $325 for my van every month.  I decided to look into a Charger.  I need the 4-doors cuz of my l'il girl's car seat.  I found a silver 3.5L for about $350-400 a month for 36 months (til the new Chally comes out), and was considering, but naturally, they tack on so much crap, that on signing, they need fifteen hundred bucks!!!  taxes, freight, shipping (why do I need to pay shipping for a car that's already on their lot??  Where are they shipping it to??  The other side of the parking lot??) so if I wanna get the car, I need to come up with dough I just don't have lying around (and if I did, it would go into the '72, anyway)  *sigh...looks like another few years with the Ford.
"Once upon a time I had a really bad Monday"

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
Re: Oh, but they getcha!!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006 - 07:12:45 PM »
That sucks.

It makes me tired just thinking about pushing a Ferd for 2 years. :roflsmiley:
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline challenger72rt

• My l'il girl w' Dodge hat
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006 - 08:28:35 PM »
well, the sad thing is that I've had it almost 3 years, and the only thing I had to replace was a coil.  The thing runs over 200HP and with the overdrive off, I rarely lose at stop lights, and it'll chirp the tires pretty nice.  But it's a bear on gas, and, well..it's a Ferd!It's an '01, fully loaded, power everything, cruise control...and it came with a TAPE DECK!  D'OH! :banghead:
"Once upon a time I had a really bad Monday"

Offline Andrew

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006 - 10:34:28 PM »
Cant you talk them down on the price?

Offline 74MOPAR

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006 - 07:55:20 AM »
  I rarely lose at stop lights, and it'll chirp the tires pretty nice. 

You rarely lose because the guy in the next lane doesn't know he's racing a Van !   :crazy:

You have to pay destination / shipping on any new car.  It's the cost to get it from the factory to the dealer.
 Actually it is a median cost because the manufacturer sets the delivery cost and it is the same regardless if you are 1 state or 10 states away from the factory. Basically it is a federal regulation that keeps the delivery costs the same regardless of where you are in the USA.

You'll hardly ever save money on a lease compared with buying. At the end of the lease what do you have ? Nothing, no car, no money, no trade-in value.

74 'Cuda + 73 Charger Rally + $$ + assembly= Noble M400
 03 Ram Hemi 4x4
 78 Aspen Super Coupe

Offline DMZ73

• http://www.pbase.com/dmz73/
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006 - 10:01:12 AM »
Saw your post. Maybe I can help you out.
I can get you a discount if it is a Chrysler/Dodge dealer. It will drop it a bit, so it will help.

Just PM me and we'll work it out.

dm73
One E body saved, 7 years and counting.