Author Topic: Finally got to do something with the Cuda! (UPDATE)  (Read 2837 times)

Offline highspeeddirt

Finally got to do something with the Cuda! (UPDATE)
« on: May 15, 2006 - 02:56:46 PM »
Well, It's not that big of a deal, but I haven't had the time to do anything with the cuda since I brought it back from VA.  Over the last couple of days I've been organizing and sort of writing up an inventory of all the new parts I got with the car as well as the parts that were already taken off the car.  Since the guy I got the car from had the engine already built, we just dropped it in the car for transport.  I finally got to pull it out of the car yesterday!  I know its not a major step, but at least its a step done toward the restoration.  I took a few pics since I want to keep records of the whole process.  Again, nothing major, but here are a few.  :picture:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006 - 08:24:21 PM by highspeeddirt »

Butte, MT

Mike

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
Re: Finally got to do something with the Cuda!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006 - 03:01:39 PM »
Looks like a good start to me! Everything you do is taking you closer to getting it done, nice looking engine and engine bay.  :thumbsup:

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006 - 04:40:40 PM »
 :iagree:   Progress is progress and progress is a good thing!!  Excellent!   :bananasmi   :bananasmi   :bananasmi

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006 - 08:55:45 AM »
I love these kinds of threads!  Keep adding to it as you go!  The engine looks nice and clean!
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006 - 09:00:53 AM »
sing w/me I LIKE IT    I LOVE IT     I WANT SOME MORE OF IT :cooldancing:
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Oldschool

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006 - 03:01:57 PM »
That's cool HSD!   :ylsuper:  I love this stuff.......keep em coming!    :cooldancing: 

Offline TreeFrog

• Resident
  • Can Ya HEMI Now! If you can't dodge it Ram it!
    • TreeFrog
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006 - 01:42:14 PM »
I have the same engine bay....black....I know some will have a duck, but I was lucky enough to have a black car so the engine bay will likely remain black.

if I ever have to pull the engine I will have it painted, but untill I do... I will end up with a painted car/black bay..... (at least it was not split pea green, or choco brown, etc....)
65 Satellite     361 Ruby Red Poly
72 Challenger    360 Top Banana     
73 Challenger    340 Triple Black
87 Dodge Ram     318 Blue
88 Dodge Ram     360 Grey (+)
04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L Pewter Met.

Offline highspeeddirt

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006 - 08:10:19 PM »
I have the same engine bay....black....

Yep mine was factory TX9/TX9 Black/Black interior....... Don't know who the person was that decided to paint it yellow.   :screwy: Not that yellow is bad, but when original black?? It'll be back black, engine bay included.  Should make that blue block, with my black Mopar Performance valve covers and air cleaner stand out real nice!

Butte, MT

Mike

Offline highspeeddirt

Re: Finally got to do something with the Cuda! (UPDATE)
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2006 - 09:02:43 PM »
Well thought I'd give an update of some more work I got to do this weekend.  I worked on stripping out the interior.  I got everything except the dash, steering column, shifter assembly, and the wires.  Like a lot of us I'm sure, I found a rats nest under the back seat along with a few nickels and dimes.  Found several lug nuts inside the front of the rear quarter behind the rear interior panel.  :screwy: I started by just thinking I'd pull the speakers out of the front door panels.  Well when I figured out that the screwball that put the speakers in, put them in with some weird a$ combination of washers and nuts on the back side, I had to take the door panels completely off to do it.  Then one thing led to another and I ripped it all out!  :working: It all came out pretty easy with the exception of the drivers door lock lever.  :swear: Taking the headliner down was a MESS! That crap went everywhere.  :bricks1:  Thank god for shop vacs!  Even though I'll be replacing a lot like the interior screws, I still bagged, labeled, and boxed everything.  I keep an inventory of everything in numbered boxes so its easier for me to find stuff when I want.  Heres a few pics.  Hope I dont bore everyone with too many.  The first couple are of my 3 year old showin' some skills.  I think she's ready for some rice!  :roflsmiley: She is real protective of that car.  She handed my wife a stick from her sucker and said "Don't put it on the Barracuda!" Thats my girl!  :ylsuper:

:swear: :stomp:

Well, it's saying the file upload folder is full, so I'll have the pics up as soon as rev fixes it. 
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006 - 09:06:25 PM by highspeeddirt »

Butte, MT

Mike

Offline highspeeddirt

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006 - 05:08:23 PM »
ok, now that rev has "waved her magic wand"  I'll throw up the pics.  I resized them so maybe it won't fill the folder.

Butte, MT

Mike

Offline highspeeddirt

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2006 - 05:12:12 PM »
few more, and gotta add my one year old who had do be like big sister.

Check out the special nut fastener collection on the speaker back....  :screwy:

Butte, MT

Mike

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2006 - 05:20:21 PM »
Hey! Those look like Hemi speaker fasteners, you could probably get a lot for them on eBay, that is if you are willing to part with them. Your little daughter will remember those pictures for years to come, it will be neat to get pictures of her sitting in the finished project in the same place and see just how much she's grown! Cute daughter, keep up the good work!

Offline cudagirl4406pk

• Yes i am a Girl and No you cant drive my CUDA
    • Garageartmusclecars
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2006 - 07:18:36 PM »
I will tell brian his old car is now finally under resto.

michele
Yes i am a girl and no you cant drive my MOPAR :)

Offline highspeeddirt

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2006 - 07:28:14 PM »
I will tell brian his old car is now finally under resto.

michele
  It's still gonna be a long, slow process but I'm happy I've finally got to get SOMETHING done.  Ask him if he has happened to run accross that RH headlight bezel.  I already got some lower winshield corner trim pieces so he doesn't have to look for those.  :bigsmile:

Butte, MT

Mike

Offline cudagirl4406pk

• Yes i am a Girl and No you cant drive my CUDA
    • Garageartmusclecars
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2006 - 08:48:13 PM »
I will have kenny ask him this week when he talk to him at work.

michele
Yes i am a girl and no you cant drive my MOPAR :)