Author Topic: Cars the Movie  (Read 2612 times)

Offline djr71

Cars the Movie
« on: May 16, 2006 - 08:09:37 AM »
I noticed a display at the store today of cars from the new movie "Cars" and one of them, Snot Rod, looks identical to the Challenger concept car. It's pro-streeted.
I thought it was cool and had to buy one.

Offline highspeeddirt

Re: Cars the Movie
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006 - 03:33:10 PM »
You got me on a search!  Call me a kid, but I can't wait for that movie to come out!  This is the only picture I was able to find on the movie website. Its a screenshot from my puter, but you can see it in the magnifying glass.  It does resemble the new challenger concept.  :thumbsup: You got any real pics djr71?

Butte, MT

Mike

Offline djr71

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006 - 06:42:57 PM »
Here is a closer pic. I think it's the new Challenger. I can't wait until this movie comes out, plus Larry the Cable guy does the tow trucks voice.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006 - 07:29:53 AM by Rev-It-Up »

Offline challenger72rt

• My l'il girl w' Dodge hat
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006 - 09:23:56 PM »
I've seen promo scenes with a blue Superbird, too
"Once upon a time I had a really bad Monday"

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006 - 10:05:50 PM »
That movie is going to be an instant classic!  Very cool!   Got to have it!   :worshippy  :worshippy  :popcorn:

Offline Andrew

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006 - 11:22:49 PM »
From what Iv heard Richard Petty did the voice of the superbird.

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006 - 05:51:41 AM »
I'm such a big kid, I went to the Disney website and downloaded the wallpaper for my desktop showing  "King" the superbird  :bigsmile:
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006 - 07:48:04 AM »
A couple years ago I located a 1970 440+6 Superbird for a friend, we flew out to New Mexico to see it and he purchased the car. It was a really nice car and close enough to call it a survivor, stilling wearing it's original paint and looking good (it remains that way today). Anyway, he lives in the S.F. Bay area and they needed 2 Superbirds to use as reference cars. His car was the first of the two to be utilized! Pretty cool! Here's a pic taken of some of the initial work, it will be pictured in some kind of promotional book called "The Art of Cars" about the movie. That's his Orange car in the picture (even thought the movie version was blue).
 :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006 - 07:49:43 AM by Harms inc. »

Offline djr71

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2006 - 09:17:33 AM »
That is Awesome!

Oldschool

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2006 - 05:17:21 PM »
I can't wait to see the flick!   I can already tell that I am gonna like it.....   :cooldancing:    Oldschool

Offline Cannibal94

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2006 - 01:07:11 PM »
I saw the movie last night!!  What a great flic!!  Too bad that Snot Rod (the orange challenger) was hanging out witht the ricers, but it sure sounded mean everytime it "sneezed"!  :lol:  Anyways...I didn't see any other thread talking about reviews of the movie, so I am posting here. 

It is a very good movie, about 2 hours long...but only felt like about an hour.  I didn't want it to end!  I like the way that they make fun of the ricers with their oversized wings, and the hummer that is all decked out and doesn't want to go in the dirt... :roflsmiley:  So many little things to catch in the movie, I am going to have to go watch it a couple of more times!  A local guy from here is the voice of Mater....which is really funny.  (Larry the Cable guy)  I recommend this movie to anyone!

Free Bird!!  :roflsmiley: (if you saw the movie...you will get it)

I give it  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline TreeFrog

• Resident
  • Can Ya HEMI Now! If you can't dodge it Ram it!
    • TreeFrog
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006 - 06:26:19 AM »
its a cool flick, gonna have to find snot for my collection.....
65 Satellite     361 Ruby Red Poly
72 Challenger    360 Top Banana     
73 Challenger    340 Triple Black
87 Dodge Ram     318 Blue
88 Dodge Ram     360 Grey (+)
04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L Pewter Met.

Offline mopar-or-no-car

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2006 - 09:22:12 PM »
This Movie is definately a MUST see!!  :thumbsup:  it has a real great ending too!! I just saw it and will probably be seeing it again!  :bigsmile: So Much to take in that you can't see it all the first time!! it has a nice plot/story line!! And the Graphics are OUT OF THIS WORLD!! OMG!!! And the NASCAR references are pretty funny too!!  :roflsmiley: if you haven't seen it..... you gotta go!!!  :clapping:

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2006 - 11:20:12 PM »
Yep... it's a winner!   :thumbsup:
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006 - 12:18:09 AM »
Patiently waiting for the DVD.......
 :thumbsup: