Author Topic: update EvilTwin's Challenger project!  (Read 48092 times)

Offline go-fish

• Resident
Re: update EvilTwin's Challenger project!
« Reply #195 on: July 23, 2008 - 12:40:40 AM »
I like the shows where you have to drive the car there. We had one in my hometown like that. People did, however, trailor their car to town and off load it away from the show and drive across town to the park.

Offline EvilTwinATX

« Reply #196 on: July 23, 2008 - 01:11:42 AM »
i am not hating on the guy who won 1st by any means.... i am sure his car was very nice. It must have been very nice so I really dont care. I love my car and I didn't build it to be a complete show car. I am glad people appreciate it, that's all. Makes all the time and effort I put into seem worth it.
 :wavingflag:

Offline PlumCrazyChris

• Mopar Muscle Cars of Austin
« Reply #197 on: July 29, 2008 - 05:14:37 PM »
Does the Mopar Club of Austin ever organize rides?  I'd be up for a run through Wimberly, Marble Falls, Dripping Springs or somewhere like that.  Driftwood, Salt Lick?

Every February we make a run out FM 1431 to Marble Falls for a slice of pie at the Granite Cafe.  We call it our Pie Run.   We also do our Club picnic in NW Park and have a Tri-City Picnic in Bastrop on the Colorado River with the Houston and San Antonio Clubs.   Summer is pretty slow for us, as it is for everyone else in Texas. 

I'd love to do some weekend trips to the hill country though, but with work and families, sometimes its tough to get together. 

If your in the Austin area, come to the meeting next Tues, Aug 5th.  Check out our lame website for details.  www.mopar.org

PlumCrazyChris
Mopar Muscle Cars of Austin
Round Rock Tx
70 Challenger 5.7, A518, A/C
70 Challenger 340 convertible (Gone to Sweden)
68 Barracuda (sold it too)
www.mopar.org

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #198 on: July 29, 2008 - 05:55:05 PM »
 :wow: :clapping: :woo: :woohoo:    2nd is real good...Your just getting started. :icon16:
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline WVUFELLA

• (OO/---------\OO) closest i could for a 72
« Reply #199 on: April 30, 2009 - 12:56:54 PM »
what are the tire wheel sizes any relocation kits ??

Offline EvilTwinATX

« Reply #200 on: May 01, 2009 - 01:56:45 PM »
no re-location kits.. I used stock springs and KYB's... eventually I would like to put some QA1' or something better.
I have upgrading front and rear sway bars and there was some minor fabrication involved but nothing that would affect fitment.
Tires are 275 x 30 R20 (Rear) and 255 x 35 R18 Front ... I think. from memory, but I will have to check.

Offline WVUFELLA

« Reply #201 on: May 01, 2009 - 02:06:18 PM »
If you could please check I am gonna order m wheels next week if i can get ahold ofthe guy and get them on the way. I was seconds away from ordering 18 all the way around till i saw your post sweet car... I was afraid that with 20's on the back and 18's on the front the car would sit funny with a big rake to it but your car looks great that is the stance i am looking for with the same size tires and all !! please do chack if ya have a extra minute... also you say to did some fab work but nothin to affect alignment... my car is stock springs and will eventualy be stock  72 disc brakes on front.. also i have stock contorl arms but they wouldnt get in the way ??so i shouldnt have a problem??  did u do anything to lower the car ? is that the regular ride height or did you have to lower to get that look?? how wide are your wheels 8, 8.5, 9 ??  thanks again
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009 - 02:21:30 PM by WVUFELLA »

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #202 on: May 08, 2009 - 09:38:23 PM »
Some how I missed the pics of your car after paint  :clueless: That looks great!  :thumbsup: Obviously a fan of the pro-touring look  :ylsuper:
I was looking at your sign and wondering how do you take the frame off?  :roflsmiley:
Mines getting closer slowly.
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline EvilTwinATX

« Reply #203 on: May 09, 2009 - 07:14:08 PM »
Wow... Sweet car! Thanks for the compliments too. We have similar tastes.  :droolingbounce:

Offline WVUFELLA

« Reply #204 on: May 11, 2009 - 09:50:05 PM »
those look great soon i iwill have my wheels on and can post a similar pic about a week or so and they will be in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline 70burntorangeT/A

« Reply #205 on: May 11, 2009 - 10:52:23 PM »
Hey EvilTwinATX- first off   SWEET RIDE     2nd- what part of texas are you in?? I may be taking a job this summer in texas and hopefully i can bring my challenger with me to take to a few shows and drive around on the weekends.   
66 f-100 black  240 straight 6  3 on the tree.....currently blown up :(
70 challenger burnt orange 440 727 3:23-weekend cruizer

Offline BacardiCBR

« Reply #206 on: May 12, 2009 - 02:04:14 PM »
Hey EvilTwinATX- first off   SWEET RIDE     2nd- what part of texas are you in?? I may be taking a job this summer in texas and hopefully i can bring my challenger with me to take to a few shows and drive around on the weekends.   

We're both in the Austin area.  Speaking of which, Brent, we haven't cruised yet... what's up?  70burntorangeTA, If you bring your T/A down, that'd be really awesome to get all three out!
'70 AAR Tribute Car