Author Topic: Need suggestions for mounting brackets for Slap Stik shifter  (Read 617 times)

Offline R/T

• Johnson City TN
I am faced with a problem mounting the brackets for a slap stik and console. My car was a 3 speed car but the former owner put a 727 in  and put a B&M cable shifter. I have bought a slap stik and a console so I can have a good shifter in the car. My car was already painted underneath and I was wondering if there was a way to mount the brackets with out messing up the paint . What about drilling and bolting them down or maybe self tapping screws? Has anyone had this problem and how did you fix it?  any ideas on another way to get by this problem? :dunno:     :clueless:   :1zhelp:        Thanks guys

Moderators, If this post could be answered better in another part of the forum please move
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006 - 01:38:06 PM by 71R/T »
1973 Challenger (OO/=====\OO)  440 
Hemis and Harleys
2008 Dodge Ram Big Horn Edition  5.7 Hemi

Offline AAR71

Re: Need suggestions for mounting brackets for Slap Stik shifter
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006 - 02:17:10 PM »

:working: Check at a autobody supply shop and ask for SEM cold weld it's chaulk like substance but once it sets you can't pull the two pieces of steel apart. I seen a demonstration and the metal bent as they were pulling on it but it would'nt come apart. The only draw back is that its a two part epoxy and you need there gun to dispense it; it costs $65.00 minus the epoxy which costs somewhere in the nieborhood of 20 to 30 bucks. Just my two cents. Good luck.

Alaskan_TA

Re: Need suggestions for mounting brackets for Slap Stik shifter
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006 - 04:09:30 PM »
I installed some with phillips sheet metal screw before, it was a beater and I was just a kid then but it worked well for years.

Barry