Author Topic: It's running  (Read 896 times)

Offline moparclown

• Resident
It's running
« on: May 22, 2006 - 07:34:32 PM »
still have some work to do,but i got the oil leak problem taken care of.So tonight I primed that engine and let it rip and it came to life and all i can say is wwoooowww,what a freakin monster.Its been a long time comming but it was all worth it.the clown is one happy guy tonight,the 69 cuda has a thumper of a small block breathing new life into it.And i want to thank everyone for helping me out and i want to let you all know I contacted matt hensley at hensley performance and he was big help in fixing the problem i was having with my oil housing leak.THANK YOU guys---------------------------the very happy moparclown

Offline Tropicalcats

• Resident
  • Don't Ever, Ever Give Up
Re: It's running
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006 - 07:41:11 PM »
   :jumping:  :ylsuper:  :ylsuper: Can't imagine how excited you must be. Congrats  :jumping:  :ylsuper: :ylsuper:
1970 Challenger R/T 383  Matching#s JS23N0E under construction. It's Plum Crazy
SOLD

Oldschool

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006 - 07:56:42 PM »
That's awesome Moparclown!   :woohoo:   Maybe a sound/video clip forthcoming?   :cooldancing: 

Offline A110235

• '71 Challenger JH23G1B
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006 - 08:05:06 PM »
Sweet!   :ylsuper: Now it's time to get back to work on the Chally!

Nashville, TN         Member since October 09, 2004

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006 - 09:39:52 PM »
Pics, video, soundclips?  Don't make me beg, I won't do it.

Okay, yes I will.  PLEASE??

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006 - 03:50:41 AM »
thanks guy's I'm really excited about this engine it sounds incredible.but i still have some work to finish up on it,still need to locate a couple of pulley's that will work better.also its been a long time since i had done any auto electrical work,but i did wire up everything right, now i want to go back and solder all my connections and tape the harnesses closed.still have to bleed all the brakes,and reroute my shifter cable for the bm shifter.but when i get this stuff done I will get you all a video of it running.and a big thanks to all on this site for giving me the want to enjoy my cars again -----------------the happy clown

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006 - 06:21:21 AM »
 :clapping: :clapping: Congratulations Clown!!  Start Engine Day is a great day for sure....not much beats that in this hobby!  :woo: :woo:
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006 - 07:57:42 AM »
 :clapping:  :clapping: Yes, to see a finished body and paint is like looking at a piece of art, it's a quieting (is this a real word?) tranquil moment. BUT, when you fire off that built up Mopar thunder of an engine and let her roar (especially straight out of the headers) it will give you a "climax" of great magitude. Clown, I can hear it now.........I just experienced that feeling not too long ago, that same moment with the 440, way to go Mopar bud, you did good !  :woo:  :woohoo:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger