Author Topic: Corvette guys spy an AAR? You'd think it was an alien spaceship!  (Read 8972 times)

Offline 67Vette427

• My other car is not a Rambler
Re: Corvette guys spy an AAR? You'd think it was an alien spaceship!
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2006 - 12:33:38 PM »
If Kowolski was here I think he'd be at a loss for words!
1 of 1 Mr Norm's T/A/ 2015 Hellcat, sublime/ 13 Power Wagon

Offline mopar-or-no-car

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2006 - 06:22:11 PM »
That was a cute ending post! "good find-wrong forum!"  :bigsmile: intersting descussion for chevy guys!!  :roflsmiley:

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2006 - 07:23:24 PM »
Also he is not to far off on the price of a real AAR in that condition.

Not to bust balls or anything, but he is nowhere near the price of a real AAR in that condition. Would you pay 85K for a faded paint, in need of a hood, flat-tired, hillybilly pimped-out AAR?
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2006 - 07:58:57 PM »
Hold on now, folks.

How many of us know alot of info about Vettes?  I for know know only how to tell each generation apart, and that 63 stingrays had the split window, and that's the sum of my Vette knowledge.  So let's give these guys a break.

Offline A383Cuda

• Sal's Muscle Cars
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2006 - 08:15:16 PM »
 :iagree:
Thanks Ghost! I agree. I have had many muscle cars and even some vettes. I sold a #'s matching 1 of 26 1962 Corvette with 37,000 original miles and ended up with my cuda. Truth is I knew hardly anything about the cars when I picked it up, so I came here to learn about them. I am quite familiar and knowledgeable on MOST muscle cars, even being able to hold a intelligent conversation with most purists. However, one can never claim to be an expert. These guys are extremely knowledgeable in their cars because thats where their interests lies, just like ours lie here. At least they recognized it's something worth saving. Perhaps one of them will pick it up and soon we'll have a new member.  :cheers:

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2006 - 08:32:22 PM »
If someone asked me about Corvettes, I would tell them they had the wrong guy, not make stuff up.

Barry

Offline A383Cuda

• Sal's Muscle Cars
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2006 - 12:55:13 AM »

Offline hotrod98

• Maniac Musclecars
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2006 - 07:14:13 AM »

We're not busting their chops because they're mopar illiterate corvette guys. We're busting their chops because they're egotistical know-it-alls. I see at least one of these guys at every car show. I should make a dvd about them. We would be laughing for two hours straight. You wouldn't believe the hemi stories that I've heard.
Besides, I've owned several corvettes in my life, but I don't even try to pretend that I know much about corvettes. I've owned probably 50 mopars and I'm still not a mopar expert by any stretch of the imagination.
1971 Cuda, Tor-red, Bench seat
1971 Cuda Drag Car
1973 Cuda Clone, EFI/OD Limelight
1970 Superbird (Yes, it's real) Black Ice
1971 Barracuda Sassy Grass Green (sold)
1970 Challenger RT SE 383 Plum Crazy
1969 Road Runner Hardtop
1968 Road Runner Coupe (sold)

www.maniacmusclecars.com

Offline R/T

• Johnson City TN
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2006 - 07:33:23 AM »
 Hey, I belong to that group but haven't posted there in almost a year . Someone got it right, that group is a bunch of egotistical jerks.Before I sold my vette it was rare to talk with another vette owner at a car show.I just had to get rid of my vette before I started wearing leather racing jackets and leather shortie gloves everywhere!!! :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:
And besides that d@nm thing rode like a wagon, and I don't mean stationwagon.
1973 Challenger (OO/=====\OO)  440 
Hemis and Harleys
2008 Dodge Ram Big Horn Edition  5.7 Hemi

Oldschool

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2006 - 08:58:37 AM »
Hey, I belong to that group but haven't posted there in almost a year . Someone got it right, that group is a bunch of egotistical jerks.Before I sold my vette it was rare to talk with another vette owner at a car show.I just had to get rid of my vette before I started wearing leather racing jackets and leather shortie gloves everywhere!!! :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:
And besides that d@nm thing rode like a wagon, and I don't mean stationwagon.

:iagree:  I had the same experience around those kind of folks...   :grinyes:    Had to move on...    :burnout:     Much better folks here at C-C.....    :cheers: 

cudahob

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2006 - 09:32:38 AM »
What's ahhhh Corvette?  :clueless: :dunno:

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2006 - 10:38:28 AM »

We're not busting their chops because they're mopar illiterate corvette guys. We're busting their chops because they're egotistical know-it-alls. I see at least one of these guys at every car show. I should make a dvd about them. We would be laughing for two hours straight. You wouldn't believe the hemi stories that I've heard.
Besides, I've owned several corvettes in my life, but I don't even try to pretend that I know much about corvettes. I've owned probably 50 mopars and I'm still not a mopar expert by any stretch of the imagination.

BINGO!  Exactly.

Next mopar i buy will be #93 for me, been buying, restoring, sellin em for over 30 years, and I learn something new every week just by reading the posts on here. You don't see me or anybody else on here proclaiming to be experts on Vettes. If you don't know what you are talking about, you ought to keep your mouth shut, not go around spewing BS thats not even CLOSE to reality.

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2006 - 11:05:22 AM »
What's ahhhh Corvette?  :clueless: :dunno:

:dunno: You got to be kidding me, Corvettes are cool and I'd love to own a 1969 coupe, or a 70 model too. But I know it will never happen because of $$$$$$$$$$$$ ! And I agree with Larry's assement above too, but sadly in recent years I've heard, seen, and experienced that same attitude from some so called Mopar people. And I can't tell you how much that hurts, I'm here to tell you it never used to be that way among Mopar lovers,........sad indeed.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2006 - 11:06:58 AM by whitesatinmopar »
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2006 - 02:06:16 PM »

:dunno: You got to be kidding me, Corvettes are cool and I'd love to own a 1969 coupe, or a 70 model too. But I know it will never happen because of $$$$$$$$$$$$ !

I like those years too.  Sorry, I lead a sheltered life and don't bump into too many Corvette owners on a casual basis so I can't really say what they're like.

These body types (C3?) are relatively cheap but expect them to go up as the C2 Vettes are bought up as the are the more sought after cars.  (Sound familiar?  Like '70-'71 Barracudas and Challengers.)

I saw one locally (Boston, MA) that was VERY tempting.  '69, 427ci, 4speed, t-tops, factory sidepipes, runs good, body decent shape=$12K
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2006 - 03:47:14 PM »
I love my e bodies, but also love my Corvette. There are jerk know it all's in every aspect of the car hobby, it comes with every hobby. Corvette guys just seem to be more anal than others, I'll admit it.
I can't stand some of these people, they think they have the badest car on the road and the best looking. With that said, I'm damm happy that GM has stuck to there guns for over 40 years with the Corvette, and if you haven't driven one at high speed around a road course you will never know how badass a late model Vette is.
It's just to bad other car companies threw in the towel with there sports coupes. Good thing there's light at the end of the tunnel with the new Challenger, and Camero.
Long live the Corvette!