Author Topic: Corvette guys spy an AAR? You'd think it was an alien spaceship!  (Read 8987 times)

Offline 67Vette427

• My other car is not a Rambler
This is kind of a funny link. Scott from Georgia asked me to post it since he wasn't sure how. Just pick the category and then "new topic" Scott. Thanks for sending it. These Chevy guys almost have it figured out.... The first clue that something was wrong was the hood and the sidemarker lights   :grinno:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1400924
1 of 1 Mr Norm's T/A/ 2015 Hellcat, sublime/ 13 Power Wagon

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
Re: Corvette guys spy an AAR? You'd think it was an alien spaceship!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006 - 08:43:41 PM »
They should stick to plastic cars  :sadwavey:

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006 - 08:47:32 PM »
I bet it has round taillights!   :biggrin:   

Offline loco340cuda

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006 - 08:48:22 PM »
Too funny! :roflsmiley:  It goes to show you how uninformed people are.  The funny thing is the replies to the post were written like they thought they knew everything about the AAR Cuda.
1970 Cuda 340 4-speed - now stroked to 416ci (SOLD)
2017 Mustang Shelby GT350

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006 - 08:58:09 PM »
Rare '72 up model as well.  :thumbsup:
Barry

Offline CUDA JAS

• Resident
  • vroooooom!
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006 - 06:08:33 AM »
"Other AAR features are dual shocks for each front wheel, forged lower a-arms, front & rear anti-sway bars, painted bumpers (minimal chrome), and a 30 spline Dana 60 rear axle with disc brakes. AAR's are cloned as much as GT350 Mustangs, but not as well as the complete parts to clone the package are not as easy to find. Look under the car and scratch the bumper paint for chrome underneath to see what it really is (maybe it is real). There were less than 2500 true AAR's produced by Gurney's shop."

Now that is some funny stuff.

2 shocks per front wheel...   :roflsmiley:

:roflsmiley:

Still someone should find out where the car is, may be a good find, if you like the round taillight cars!
74 'cuda 360/727

Gearhead: car nut, automotive enthusiast, one who loves hot rods, muscle cars, hot trucks, burnin' rubber and neck snapping performance. 

Just call me a gearhead!

Offline hotrod98

• Maniac Musclecars
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006 - 07:26:56 AM »
I see stupid people.  :faint:
1971 Cuda, Tor-red, Bench seat
1971 Cuda Drag Car
1973 Cuda Clone, EFI/OD Limelight
1970 Superbird (Yes, it's real) Black Ice
1971 Barracuda Sassy Grass Green (sold)
1970 Challenger RT SE 383 Plum Crazy
1969 Road Runner Hardtop
1968 Road Runner Coupe (sold)

www.maniacmusclecars.com

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006 - 07:30:17 AM »
Some real classic car experts over there,huh!  ::)  :roflsmiley:
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline GreenFish

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006 - 07:37:54 AM »
"Other AAR features are dual shocks for each front wheel, forged lower a-arms, front & rear anti-sway bars, painted bumpers (minimal chrome), and a 30 spline Dana 60 rear axle with disc brakes. AAR's are cloned as much as GT350 Mustangs, but not as well as the complete parts to clone the package are not as easy to find. Look under the car and scratch the bumper paint for chrome underneath to see what it really is (maybe it is real). There were less than 2500 true AAR's produced by Gurney's shop."

Now that is some funny stuff.

2 shocks per front wheel...   :roflsmiley:

:roflsmiley:

Still someone should find out where the car is, may be a good find, if you like the round taillight cars!

and a Dana 60!!!  sure.. whatever.. oh, and i have news.. the 440 will fit under the stock AAR hood. even the 6-pack.. matter of fact.. there is a 440 under mine.
70 cuda, 440, KB pistons, 10.5:1 compression, edlebrock heads,RacerBrown cam, 5-Speed Tremec, Megasquirt EFI

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006 - 07:38:53 AM »
It's in Georgia??  Anyone know where?
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2006 - 08:28:06 AM »
Calm down Laura, got to get pixie's Duster done first. But it does look like a nice little side project. And if indeed it is a confiscated car the price may be too good to pass up. On second thought Rev. get snooping, you'll find it, get a list of state impound lots and start calling............................. :woo:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Oldschool

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2006 - 09:56:04 AM »
Clone or not---it is still a great car to get back on the road.    Ga----hhmmmmmmm.....

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2006 - 10:18:33 AM »
Come on Dude's let's give the Vette guys a brake. I own a 02 Z06 Vette and I love it, and 2 70 Cuda's.
It could have been worse, it could have been a bunch of punk ricers who found the car.

Pic of me and my Z06 doing a track day at Sebring.

Offline CUDA JAS

• Resident
  • vroooooom!
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2006 - 11:21:30 AM »
It keeps getting better over there!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That car is a 72 or 73 AAR clone. AAR's were only built for 2 months in 1970, and came only with 340 six-packs. That car is worth some bucks because it's a Barracuda, but it would be worth a hell of a lot more if it was a 70 or 71. If it was a real AAR, as it sits in that condition it would be worth about 85k.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hell, if they want to give me that kind of money for mine I will SELLLLLLLLLLL
BTW, I love vets, like the black z06, very cool, but come on, the comments on the post over the are crazy :faint:

74 'cuda 360/727

Gearhead: car nut, automotive enthusiast, one who loves hot rods, muscle cars, hot trucks, burnin' rubber and neck snapping performance. 

Just call me a gearhead!

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2006 - 11:58:18 AM »
It keeps getting better over there!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That car is a 72 or 73 AAR clone. AAR's were only built for 2 months in 1970, and came only with 340 six-packs. That car is worth some bucks because it's a Barracuda, but it would be worth a hell of a lot more if it was a 70 or 71. If it was a real AAR, as it sits in that condition it would be worth about 85k.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hell, if they want to give me that kind of money for mine I will SELLLLLLLLLLL
BTW, I love vets, like the black z06, very cool, but come on, the comments on the post over the are crazy :faint:

The last comment the dude seems to know a little about the cars, I think it is true AAR's were only built 2 months in 1970. Also he is not to far off on the price of a real AAR in that condition.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006 - 11:59:49 AM by Blackcuda »