Author Topic: Corvette guys spy an AAR? You'd think it was an alien spaceship!  (Read 8975 times)

Offline DAYTONA

Re: Corvette guys spy an AAR? You'd think it was an alien spaceship!
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2006 - 10:49:56 PM »
some of us old MOPAR guys have Vettes too.... :roflsmiley:

05 RAM SRT10/red
06 JEEP GCSRT8/silv
02 JEEP GC/red
70 Challenger T/A/plum
02 Viper GTS/ACR/graphite
02 Viper GTS/ACR Final Edition
03 Viper SRT10/red
00 Prowler/yelo
02 Prowler/red
02 Prowler/or
66 Belvedere conv/yelo

and on the "darkside" I also have 3 Vettes and a 68 GTO conv.

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2006 - 12:49:17 AM »
This has nothing to do with who owns a corvette and whatever else. This whole post is based around some ahole who decided to post on a corvette forum about an AAR and tried to pretend he was an expert on something he knew absolutely nothing about. Since he knew he was talking to people who had no knowledge about AAR's, I figure he guessed he could say anything and get away with it. I'll say again, if you dont know what you are talking about, shut your mouth and dont pretend like you do. The other scenario is he is so full of himself he believes what he wrote is true, and no matter what you can show him, he'll stick to his guns.

Are there vette owners who are good guys and appreciate all kinds of cars....YES.

Are they in the minority of vette owners...from what I've found....YES.

But I'll reserve judgement on people based on what i experience, not on some stereotype.

I hope all of us here realize that quite a few Mopar people think e-body owners are on a par with vette owners when it comes to being a car snob.

Offline Bondavi

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2006 - 04:51:28 AM »
Are there vette owners who are good guys and appreciate all kinds of cars....YES.

Are they in the minority of vette owners...from what I've found....YES.

I wholeheartedly agree. I attended Vette shows since the '84 Vette came out (when I was a 11 year old teen and budding interest in cars)...these people have a capital E-G-O attached to them, excluding the miniority few. Its to a point where the Corvette, once a dream car of mine (eons ago), is just saturated by gold chained shi*theads who would rather talk up about their car than discuss other peoples' cars or the options, unless it involves money/value/Bloomington crap. Can you believe the high number of "427 survivors" compared to 10-15 years ago?? Fraud big time is happening in that hobby like it is here for Mopars...

Bloomington Gold...don't get me started.....just say "survivor Hemicuda" to one of the top brass up there.....  :22yikes: that tells the whole story. So I wrote the Vette off. If I want Vette performance I'll just buy a GTO or CTS-V, not that I even like these anyways. As for old Vettes.....gee they've gotten so boring, same-o, same-o. bleh!

Not trying to pass judgment but this is a culmination of 20 years of experience and watching the hobby. If Vettes light your fire, great, but count me out.
David

'70 Challenger R/T FC7 440-6 4spd N96 3.54 Dana - SOLD

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2006 - 07:24:52 AM »
...I like Vettes from the standpoint they are fun to drive......Corvette shows in general are the most boring shows to attend ever......rows and rows of cars that are just alike....thats why I have attended less than a half dozen Vette shows in the last 25 years, while attending dozens and dozens of MOPAR and others.....Vettes in general are boring......

I appreciate all kinds of cars and will buy anything that excites me, GM, Ford(not much excites me there).....but "Mother MOPAR" makes the cars I want

cudahob

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2006 - 07:58:49 AM »
Love your GTO Daytona, very nice indeed.  :thumbsup:

68 and 69s are my favorite GM cars, shhhhhh.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006 - 08:00:28 AM by cudahob »

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2006 - 08:28:04 AM »
Love your GTO Daytona, very nice indeed.  :thumbsup:

68 and 69s are my favorite GM cars, shhhhhh.  ;)

thanx, I bought it at Auburn a couple of years ago......I bought one identical to it new in 1968.....took me 36 years to find a replacement.....the only difference between the two cars, this one has power steering, all else is identical....

the original GTO and a much younger me :roflsmiley:

Offline chevyconvert

• HvacMan
  • Member since November 04, 2005
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2006 - 10:40:14 AM »
so are any of you Georgia folks going to ck this out?

"It is located behind the Bloomingdale Police Dept on HWY.80 in Georgia"

:dunno:

Eric
'70 Hemi Orange RT/SE 440 Six Pack Pistol-Grip 4 speed
Bay Area California

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2006 - 10:06:34 PM »
Thanks!  They must have just added that tidbit of info.  I'll see what I can find out.
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

KTO

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2006 - 01:51:06 PM »
Bwaa hahahaaa  :roflsmiley:

The car on that site looks like my dads car :) Darned cloners :)

Should post some pics of it on that site and say that it is a 1 of 1 prototype from 72 and say it was Plymouth's attempt to keep the 440 sixpack alive for one more year but it was shot down before production due to emission reasons :) :)

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2006 - 02:11:44 PM »
KTO, what wheels do have on your Cuda? Looking good!! :clapping:

Offline chevyconvert

• HvacMan
  • Member since November 04, 2005
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2006 - 02:12:06 PM »
Thanks!  They must have just added that tidbit of info.  I'll see what I can find out.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Eric
'70 Hemi Orange RT/SE 440 Six Pack Pistol-Grip 4 speed
Bay Area California

KTO

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2006 - 02:38:54 PM »
KTO, what wheels do have on your Cuda? Looking good!! :clapping:

They are Cragar 390 series.

17x9 in the back 17x8 in the front. 4 1/2 in backspace. In retrospect I wish we would have went with a 5" backspace due to a couple minor rubbing issues but no big deal.

It looks like a big hotwheels car going down the road... the bigger wheels really make the car look small. :)

Offline 67Vette427

• My other car is not a Rambler
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2006 - 01:03:54 AM »
Yeah it does look like it a lot. The wheels are cool too... I thought about those for the 67 but then decided to leave the Americans on it that have been there since 71. That's my brother's 70 Cuda, 440 track pak car... Pretty nice log house too!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006 - 07:40:19 AM by Rev-It-Up »
1 of 1 Mr Norm's T/A/ 2015 Hellcat, sublime/ 13 Power Wagon

Offline hotrod98

• Maniac Musclecars
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2006 - 07:10:43 AM »
Correct backspace for a 9" rim on the rear of a mopar is 5". The 8" rim is 4 1/2", the 10" rim should have a 5 1/2" backspace and the 7" rim for the front is 4 or 4 1/4".  A lot of times the 10" rim requires a little massaging on the outer wheelhouse lip. Just my experience with my cars.
1971 Cuda, Tor-red, Bench seat
1971 Cuda Drag Car
1973 Cuda Clone, EFI/OD Limelight
1970 Superbird (Yes, it's real) Black Ice
1971 Barracuda Sassy Grass Green (sold)
1970 Challenger RT SE 383 Plum Crazy
1969 Road Runner Hardtop
1968 Road Runner Coupe (sold)

www.maniacmusclecars.com

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2006 - 02:23:36 PM »
Correct backspace for a 9" rim on the rear of a mopar is 5". The 8" rim is 4 1/2", the 10" rim should have a 5 1/2" backspace and the 7" rim for the front is 4 or 4 1/4".  A lot of times the 10" rim requires a little massaging on the outer wheelhouse lip. Just my experience with my cars.
With a 9" rim and 5" backspace for the rear, does it still require moving in the leafsprings?