Author Topic: Floor Question  (Read 750 times)

Offline djr71

Floor Question
« on: May 26, 2006 - 12:43:04 PM »
Toomorrow I am getting all my sheetmetal for my Barracuda. But nobody seems to make a piece for under the rear seat. Does anyone know if someone make it? Thanks.

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: Floor Question
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006 - 05:55:43 PM »

Offline djr71

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006 - 08:14:08 PM »
Thanks I'll give them a shot.

Offline Steve

• I Love Welding!
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006 - 10:23:01 AM »
Nope, not made. Donor cars are your best best. I cut mine out, worked them over on the bench, and welded them back in. You might find a local sheetmetal fabricator to make replicate pieces.

If the holes aren't huge, you might consider cutting out the rot spots, treating the metal, then using the POR-15 floor repair kit, which uses a type of coating on top of fiberglass mesh. The result is a rock hard repair that conforms to the contours of the whatever you are patching. Once undercoated, the repair would be "invisible". Since that area doesn't get stepped on or anything, seems like a reasonable way to approach things. The best method would probably be to find a donor car and weld in whole new sections.

Offline djr71

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006 - 01:12:08 PM »
Thanks. They could be fixed but I think we are going to try to make some. I just can't wait to put all my new floors and trunk in.