Author Topic: mancini racing  (Read 3447 times)

Offline wart1de

• Vivah
mancini racing
« on: May 29, 2006 - 10:13:23 PM »
Has anyone ordered from Mancini Racing using their webpage before? I placed an order days ago and got no confirmation emails nor have I recieved anything since.

Would be nice to know whats going on.  :clueless:
1973 Plymouth 'Cuda
1980 Ford Falcon XD ESP
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
Re: mancini racing
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006 - 10:47:58 PM »
I have purchased from them plenty of times and you're right, they could use a bit better communications. I've always been happy with their products and prices but as already said, they need a bit better customer care or customer service. I wouldn't be too concerned but I would call the 800 number tomorrow and see what's going on with your parts. I called them regarding my parts that I ordered online and they were very helpful but it was after the fact that I'd heard nothing.  You should mention this to them and tell them you're not the first one to have experienced this lack of concern on their part.

Good Luck!

Offline wart1de

• Vivah
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006 - 10:57:31 PM »
If it wern't an international call.. yeah.   :lol2:

I'm glad they're like this for everyone.. well, not glad, but you know  :)

:cheers:
1973 Plymouth 'Cuda
1980 Ford Falcon XD ESP
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006 - 02:40:41 AM »
I just placed an order last week and never recieved a confirmation call or e-mail about my order. Then again, my package did come the next day in the mail so I guess I really didnt care ;D I have placed at least 8 orders through the mancini website and have never received a confirmation letter.....
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006 - 06:09:58 AM »
Someone there needs to read this thread, if even a few of us have experienced this same thing, can you imagine how many others?  :22yikes:  I'm still going to do business with them but am going to tell them again and again. Who knows, maybe they will start doing something about it.  :2cents:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006 - 07:17:21 AM »

Yip, I'm having a little trouble with them right now...... :-\ I got a whiney diff, called them, waited about 8 days for a reply, which was to call them back and talk to the guy who does there diff center sections. He told me to do some checks. nothing. So I wait for a reply on what to do next....days and days pass so I call, and get another guy, Dan. He informs me that Mancini sent a world wide Global Express pick up and we knew nothing about it......I said, "Ahhhh...the diff is still in the car so if he did know the address (never asked for an address) the diff wouldn't have been ready. Finally got it organised and picked up, shipped back. Now I'm waiting for a reply on what the problem is with it, do I get a replacement, or what? Been 7 days since I got to their business and they haven't informed me.

This has been going on for about 3-4 weeks......
They are slipping with customer service is the nicest way I know how to say it.  >:(

Rant off.  :bananasmi
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006 - 09:00:52 AM »

Yip, I'm having a little trouble with them right now...... :-\ I got a whiney diff, called them, waited about 8 days for a reply, which was to call them back and talk to the guy who does there diff center sections.

Carl, You are supposed to put gear lube in the rear end, after you install it!

Just kidding!

I've never bought from Mancini mail order.  I usually pick my stuff up at their tent at the Mopar Nationals. I picked up my leaf springs last year and saved a ton on shipping.

Rob
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006 - 09:15:08 AM »
lol!!  :lol2: It was noisier than my old gear set prior to resto.  :eek4:

Thing is, about 2-1/2 months ago I ordered 2 oil pan gaskets. They sent me 1 oil pan gasket and 1 head gasket set. So, I emailed them and they said, no worries, you can keep the head gaskets and we'll send you over another oil pan gasket....they did, no worries and it was shipped EXPRESS. So, I'm not sure why they're beating around the bush with this diff business. My only explanation is that a diff is $950 and needs to come back from New Zealand....a lot more effort. Still, as a "professional" outfit they should stand by the products no matter what size or price.

I'm probably going to stay clear of them unless it's a small piece and they're the only ones who stock it. :-\

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006 - 10:32:58 AM »
I have never ordered from the web site either . . . I just drive to their store and pick the stuff up!   :bananasmi
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006 - 08:25:57 PM by 4cruzin »

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006 - 04:28:55 PM »
I have never ordered form the web site either . . . I just drive to their store and pick the stuff up!   :bananasmi

Must be nice.  :grinyes:

I was visiting my sister in Cleveland this weekend, and I got to visit Summit Racing for the first time.  :jumping: I needed a drool bucket. Man I wish I lived closer to these places!!! 

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline jvike

• Pro-Touring Cuda
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006 - 04:02:03 PM »
I've ordered on their website 3-4 times, and always get an web confirmation from them, from Dan Angelelli, great service.
Member of The Rapid Transit System

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006 - 05:08:36 PM »
I've ordered on their website 3-4 times, and always get an web confirmation from them, from Dan Angelelli, great service.

Dan is usually better than Rob.  :crying:

They said that my Motive gears make more noise than most, hence the whining.....
I think it's BS. Sure they can whine a little, but not like a supercharger whine @ 10mph!  :swear:

So they're building me a new one........ :faint:

Offline MyMopar

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2006 - 10:56:53 AM »
I've order from them and I believe I got a confirmation page that I printed out.  Shipping has been pretty quick for me.
1969 (OO===]|[===OO)
1973 (OO/=====\OO) <---SOLD
1997 (O|||||O) <---SOLD

Smoke tires, not drugs!