Author Topic: Find and Possible Junkyard lead  (Read 2094 times)

Offline djr71

Find and Possible Junkyard lead
« on: June 04, 2006 - 05:25:37 PM »
A friend of mine was riding his dirt bike in the woods when he ran across a couple of Barracuda's in a field.
I followed his directions and sure enough a 1970 and a 68 (?) fastback Barracuda.
I started to take pictures and was going to leave a note when the owners came out.
Both cars are not for sale and the owners nephew has started to restore the 70. I couldn't get close enough for good pics or get a vin.
Then a friend of theirs showed up claiming there is a junkyard with a bunch of Mopars including Barracudas and Challengers in Johnston RI. He gave me his number and told me he would give me directions.
I am taking a group and my camera and hope to go there saturday. If it's true I will post pics. And if anyone wants to follow us down we will be leaving from North Attleboro Ma. sat.  am. Let me know. 
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006 - 12:50:35 PM by Rev-It-Up »

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
Re: Find and Possible Junkyard lead
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006 - 07:18:45 PM »
Looks like a standard FULL rotisserie in process to me!   :roflsmiley:  You would have to be crazy to think they are just sitting there rusting away... gee wiz.

NOT FOR SALE... ...
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006 - 07:19:35 PM »
Oh ya... GREAT FIND... even if the owner will not let you save them.  Done good!   :thumbsup:
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline djr71

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006 - 07:42:02 PM »
I left my number and told them if the nephew needed help call me. Maybe he'll change his mind and sell. I would think he would want to cut the brush around it to start the "full restoration"

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006 - 11:07:58 PM »
I'd need a better pic of the tail panel, but that fastback is either a 67 or a 69, and I'm leaning towards 69.

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006 - 11:42:29 PM »
Nice pics. good find.  Where are these cars, just curious, 'cause I'm in MA too and don't find stuff like this usually.

Would love to see any pics you have after you go to RI.  Have you ever gone to High Street Auto?  I think they're in Wareham or Carver.  Heard they had some E body stuff but not much left.
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline djr71

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006 - 04:52:55 AM »
The cars are in PLainville Ma. I bought the roof for my car at HIgh st Auto. He is a great guy there. The cars are pretty picked over but there are still some parts there.
If you want to follow or come with us saturday email me. So far there are 3 of us going.

Offline ev2340cuda

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006 - 06:37:54 AM »
You are talking about Halls Garage in Scituate R.I. Harry does have a lot of Mopars up there,but he has a lot more B bodies than E bodies. I bought a bunch of cars from him a few years back. I bought 2 R/T Challengers from him,both 4 speed cars,a 71 Cuda,2 Challenger convertibles,a V code 70 Road Runner,2 69 Charger R/T SEs,and one was an electric sunroof car,and my friend bought a 71 383 4 speed Charger. All of these cars were project cars,except for one of the Challenger converts,which was a nearly restored car. The two Chargers were severly rotted,and were parted out. The Cuda is waiting its turn for resto. I sold the nearly restored Challenger convertible,and restored the other Challenger convertible,which I still own. I sold one of the Challenger R/T hard tops,which was a solid car,but had burnt inside due to a dash harness fire. I still have the other one,and it will eventually be restored. The 70 Six Barrel Road Runner is a Hemi Orange,air grabber,4 speed ,Dana car that had a 383 auto in it. Its a nice solid car,that I rounded up almost all of the correct parts to restore it,including a correctly dated HP2 engine,and a Hemi 4 speed trans. He probably has about six,or seven Challengers left,and maybe about five Barracudas left. I give Harry a lot of credit for saving all those old mopars, none of the other junkyards around here did. He had over 500 of then,from the 1950s-1970s. Unfortunatly most of them are rusty New England cars that have been sitting for a lot of years.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2006 - 06:43:13 AM by ev2340cuda »

Offline djr71

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006 - 06:45:33 AM »
No. I asked him if it was Harry's and he said no. He said this was in Johnston RI. I have been to Harry's several times.

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006 - 07:09:08 AM »
You are talking about Halls Garage in Scituate R.I. Harry does have a lot of Mopars up there,but he has a lot more B bodies than E bodies. I bought a bunch of cars from him a few years back. I bought 2 R/T Challengers from him,both 4 speed cars,a 71 Cuda,2 Challenger convertibles,a V code 70 Road Runner,2 69 Charger R/T SEs,and one was an electric sunroof car,and my friend bought a 71 383 4 speed Charger. All of these cars were project cars,except for one of the Challenger converts,which was a nearly restored car.

:eek2:   :thumbsup:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2006 - 07:15:58 AM »
The cars are in PLainville Ma. I bought the roof for my car at HIgh st Auto. He is a great guy there. The cars are pretty picked over but there are still some parts there.
If you want to follow or come with us saturday email me. So far there are 3 of us going.

Thanks for the info!  :thumbsup:

I would love to follow you guys but the 3 little ones and the wife keep me pretty busy.  Scavenging through a Mopar salvage yard is eqivalent to giving my wife the credit card and sending her out shopping for 8 hours.  :roflsmiley:

Hope you guys find some good stuff!

Offline djr71

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2006 - 04:13:52 PM »
Saturday was mine's bday,  I took extra care of her on mothers day and I sold one of my cars so  I should be in the clear here. 

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2006 - 07:45:09 PM »
  I'm definitely interested. It's about an hour ride for me so that's no sweat, but I work every Saturday, though I may be able to weasel my way out of it  :thinkerg:   :lol:
What time you guys plan on going?  :dunno:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006 - 07:59:04 PM by R/T hedkace »

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline djr71

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2006 - 08:00:35 PM »
I am hoping to leave around 8 am

Offline ev2340cuda

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2006 - 03:03:10 PM »
Hey Djr 71, I thought I knew just about every yard in R.I. that had Mopars,but maybe I missed one. Most people who refer to a yard in Johnston that has Mopars are refering to Halls,as it is about fifty yards away from the Johnston line. I have lived in R.I. for the last twenty two years,and have hunted down hundreds of Mopars in this area. I grew up in the Attleboro/North Attleboro area,so I know most of the cars in the R.I. southeastern Mass area. If you get to check out the yard,and theres some good stuff there,please let us know,because I have eleven Mopars,and they still need some peices. Thanks Pete!