Author Topic: Need help!  (Read 1051 times)

Offline flores_57

Need help!
« on: June 08, 2006 - 08:35:25 PM »
 :clueless:Can anyone please help with this concept. I like the idea of putt'n two hoses on the valve covers instead of a couple of breathers, but I don't know where the other end of the hoses lead to. It does'nt appear to be an evacuation system. Any ideas on this? P.S. i'd like to keep it as simple as possible. :working:
My lugnuts require more TQ than your ricer produces!!!

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: Need help!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006 - 10:22:51 PM »
 :clueless:

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006 - 02:16:38 AM »
looks like it just dumps into the inner fenders , great place to potentially dump oil directly in line with the tires  :banghead:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006 - 06:27:21 AM »
Are they attached to the exhaust sytem?  I have seen that before.
1969 Sport Satellite H code convertible, 1970 Cuda 440+6, 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6, 1970 Challenger 383 R/T auto, 1970 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed,1971 Challenger convertible.

Offline Ravage

• 1974 318 'Cuda
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006 - 07:02:38 AM »
I went looking for pics of blown hemis and the only ones I seen with hoses appeared to be a part of an external oiling system in addition to breathers.Your pic seems to be unique.I don't think you would want your engine breathing through a long hose anyway ,I forget the general physics behind it but that's why kids have almost drown at the bottom of swimming pools trying to breath through a garden hose ,need forced air for that. :2cents:
"I flipped off a box of kittens once..." (Tycho on being evil)

Offline moper

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006 - 02:37:18 PM »
I'm not sure why they'd run them that way, but usually there are valves on the ends, down at the collectors. The exh gasses create a vaccum as they pass over the end of the tube the valve is screwed into. The vaccum opens the valve, and crankcase pressure and vapors go into the exh that way. If the valve is anywhere else but the collector, the vaccum signal is either not strong enough, or pulses too much, and the system doesnt work. With boost, std PCV systems are not enough, and dont function (boost pressure on the upstream side forces the valve closed..vaccum holds it open..)

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006 - 11:20:09 PM »
I read the question wrong , it i s a pan evac system , it is hooked to the headers with a 1 way valve to work like a pcv system that dumps into the exhaust , the pipe is welded into the header so the exhaust creates a vacuum

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t