Author Topic: 1971 Super Bee 383 4 speed going on EBAY  (Read 1590 times)

Offline classics2go

1971 Super Bee 383 4 speed going on EBAY
« on: June 09, 2006 - 10:59:27 PM »
1971 Super Bee numbers 383 4 speed.

I am selling this one fast on Ebay to buy another car I found, so here is some info before the bidding begins. This is a close copy of the post i put on DC.com, but I figure some E body guys might like to check it out...

It has a Pistol grip, new 3.55 rear gear, aluminum intake, Factory HP manifolds, new purple cam, holley carb, and is a real real car and not a clone. Clear title and in place fender tag. Numbers are said to be matching...I will be checking for sure.  Body is ektdeuL, in otherwords solid...  FC7 is not original, but it looks like it was taken apart completely for paint. Original was GK6 Dark Bronze Metallic. 

I drove it around for a while and it is alot of fun and has lots of power. Shifting was a bit notchy due to my inexperiance with that gearbox, or bushings getting worn in the linkage. Danm 1st and reverse are close.....Now I know why they added the reverse indicator "idiot" light...Unfortunatly it was burnt out.....  Brakes are ok, but could use some shoes or pads soon (heard a squeek a few times under hard braking). Sounds great, drives straight. Wheel is slightly cocked to the side and could use a centering. Tach and radio are inop....I will be looking into that and I will be checking for build sheet tomarrow.

It is one of the 766 made with the 383 magnum and the 4 speed, making it quite rare. Paint is very good and glossy, the stripes are nice, but it was a V68 stripe delete car from the factory. The interior is nice, but when picking it over close it would only pass as driver quality. To be perfect it would need a little tidy-up-ing. Trunk is great, but needs to be de-scummed. Engine bay is good, but could use a detail. A full detail would demand a good deal more money for this car, but I am a cheap ass and too busy (or lazy) to do it on my own.

IMHO it is a really nice driver. About a number 2 as defined by "Old Cars Price Guide" standards. They Show $21000 as a number 2 and $13500 as number 3 with no differance between the autos and 4 speeds. (this is from the april 2006 book mind you...so they may have gone up). Number 1 shows $30000. I am setting reserve around the low end of number 2 to the mid to high of number 3. You do the math. Detailed pictures will be listed on our photo link listed in the auction, and by detailed I mean about 50 or more. 

This car is being auctioned on ebay starting June 10th and ending June 17th 2006. If I get a reasonable phone offer I reserve the right to let it go, but I think I may just let this one ride and see what happens. It needs to sell so i can get another car that I MUST HAVE! The ebay user name we will be using is RSAGEL ( company owner of Rose Motorsports Inc ). I can help with shipping worldwide and probably financing as low as 6%. If you want that contact me BEFORE bidding. Email me at buyfastcar@hotmail.com, john@rosemotorsports.com, or call 847-587-7800 for more info and pictures.

Thank You all for looking at my post!

John Slatner

Offline classics2go

Re: 1971 Super Bee 383 4 speed going on EBAY
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006 - 11:02:00 PM »
A few pics are located at http://photos.yahoo.com/rosemotorsports Just look for the tab with 71 Super Bee on it. More will be posted tomarrow when i get it cleaned up and go into detailed shots. Thanks.

Offline uthustler

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006 - 06:50:20 AM »
can you please post a link to the auction?  A few 71 bee's on ebay right now.

Offline 71383bee

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006 - 05:31:28 PM »
Just an FYI,

A VIN beginning with WP23 is not a Super Bee.  It is either a Charger 500 or a S/E.  Super Bee's in 71 were all WM23.  That is probably why there are no Super Bee decals on the fenders, rear deck, and the interior insert. 

Please don't take this the wrong way because the car is certainly a nice ride, but it is incorrect to advertise it as a Super Bee. 

It most likely is a nicely optioned 383 4-speed Charger 500.  That would explain the argent louvered tailights, the blackout grill, and the rallye dash which were standard on 500's.  The Super Bee had regular charger taillights with the exception for rubber bumpers which got the louvered lights. 

For more info on 71 Dodge B bodies go to this site www.71superbee.com
71 - 383 FC7 Super Bee

Offline chevyconvert

• HvacMan
  • Member since November 04, 2005
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006 - 12:13:52 AM »
you just gotta love the knowledge on cc.com  :thumbsup:
Eric
'70 Hemi Orange RT/SE 440 Six Pack Pistol-Grip 4 speed
Bay Area California

Offline uthustler

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006 - 05:44:37 PM »
Just an FYI,

A VIN beginning with WP23 is not a Super Bee.  It is either a Charger 500 or a S/E.  Super Bee's in 71 were all WM23.  That is probably why there are no Super Bee decals on the fenders, rear deck, and the interior insert. 

Please don't take this the wrong way because the car is certainly a nice ride, but it is incorrect to advertise it as a Super Bee. 

It most likely is a nicely optioned 383 4-speed Charger 500.  That would explain the argent louvered tailights, the blackout grill, and the rallye dash which were standard on 500's.  The Super Bee had regular charger taillights with the exception for rubber bumpers which got the louvered lights. 

For more info on 71 Dodge B bodies go to this site www.71superbee.com

OH SNAP!