Author Topic: Lower radiator hose SB to BB, any ideas  (Read 533 times)

Offline MyMopar

Lower radiator hose SB to BB, any ideas
« on: June 16, 2006 - 08:50:34 AM »
NOt exactly sure where cooling issues go but it has to do with the engine.
Anyway, last night I pulled the 440 out of the Charger and dropped it in the Challenger  :woohoo:  Ran into no problems except for the motor mounts.  I got the Schumaker mounts nad it came with all new hardware.  Well the bolt that attached the mount to the frame was too large and I was fooling with that for over 2 hours.  Finally realized when it refused to thread into the nut on the mount that we might have a problem.  Banged the nut out and used my own.  Simple, but frustrating. I should have checked the bolts while the mounts were off, never thought of that and I'll be contacting the vendor about it.

ANYWAY, I need to know about radiator hoses.  I wanted to keep the SB radiator as it was a larger capacity becuase the car had air.  However becuase it is a SB radiator, the lower hose inlet is on the passenger side and the motor has the lower hose inlet on the drivers side.  Does anyone know of a hose or P/N that I could use?  Perhaps a hose from a different make or model?
I haven't checked on using the radiator out of the Charger, but I will as a last resort.  The radiator is ok but I'd prefer to use the one from the Challenger.  Thanks.
1969 (OO===]|[===OO)
1973 (OO/=====\OO) <---SOLD
1997 (O|||||O) <---SOLD

Smoke tires, not drugs!

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
Re: Lower radiator hose SB to BB, any ideas
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006 - 09:20:52 AM »
You could use a 400 or a late model waterpump housing. The inlet at the bottom comes out on the passenger side. As far as moving the top hose, I think your compressor will be in the way so you may have to have the top tanks inlet moved to the other side or have a radiator shop switch the top tanks for you.
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline MyMopar

Re: Lower radiator hose SB to BB, any ideas
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006 - 09:58:01 AM »
Thanks for the tip on the waterpump housing.  It is funny becuase I was just looking at a 400 block and said geeze that inlet is on the passenger side.  BTW I am not running air on this car so no worries about the compressor.  I am trying to not spend too much in the way of parts for this as I have an aluminum pump housing and don't want to go out and buy another.
I'll keep looking for hose references and scout out some parts for the 400 housing.  Looks like I may end up using the other radiator, if it fits.
1969 (OO===]|[===OO)
1973 (OO/=====\OO) <---SOLD
1997 (O|||||O) <---SOLD

Smoke tires, not drugs!