70 Challenger T/A Purple and White 4 speed

Author Topic: 70 Challenger T/A Purple and White 4 speed  (Read 1879 times)

Offline n9671x2

• I love YaBB 1 Gold!
70 Challenger T/A Purple and White 4 speed
« on: June 22, 2006 - 05:22:17 AM »
I am listing this car for a friend, he is asking $36900 for the car.

Very rare 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A.   I believe this car is 1 of 7 registered with Barry Washington of the Challenger T/A registry at  http://www.challengertaregistry.com/

Here is a link to an additional 96 pictures

http://public.fotki.com/psrde/70_purple_ta/

The car retains its original fender tags, no build sheet.   Title VIN matches original dash vin, fender tag, cowl and radiator support numbers as well as a new reproduction door jamb decal from ECS.    Factory FC7 Plum Crazy with a white interior AND a white top.   Top is currently black, but is coded white.   Aside from this unique color combination, the car has several other very desirable options, 4 speed, power steering, rallye dash and still present AM/FM thumbwheel radio and 4 speed.

Here are the fender tag codes

line one
e55 340 CID engine
D21 4 speed manual transmission
JH23JOB308755

line two
FC7 Body paint, code Plum Crazy Purple
H6XW High grade white vinyl interior
000   Upper door paint, always this on e bodies as they weren’t painted.
415 Scheduled production date, April 15th 1970
168327 Vehicle order number

line three
V1W White vinyl top
A53 Trans Am package
A62 Rallye gauges
B51 Power disc brakes
C16 Center console
C55 Bucket seats

Line four
G34 Drivers painted mirror
J45 Hood pins
J54 Sport hood
J82 Duck tail spoiler
M21 Drip rail moldings
N44 Dual side exit exhaust

Line five
N85  Tachometer
N94 Carb fresh air package with fiberglass hood
R35 10 watt am/fm radio
V6H Black T/A side stripes with 340 sixpack call outs
Y05 Build to US specs
Line six
26 26 inch radiator
EN1 End of sales codes, assembly line one

The car has a low mileage 380 horse 360 crate motor, numbers matching original 4 speed transmission and the original 11" drum rear-end with 3.91 gears rather than the 3.55s.   Some people knock these crate motors, and probably partially justified, however this is a good one, makes very good power, no noises/leaks.   The car has new stainless steel tips that are there for appearance only.   I have not changed out the exhaust which was on it when I got it which are headers to flowmaster 40s that dump in front of the rear axle.  Car sounds and runs excellent.

The exterior of the car is very sharp with a nice repaint of the original plum crazy.   There are a few bubbles down on the rockers were the quarter panels meet the rockers.   I tried to catch them in a photo in the link to pictures attached below.    The vinyl top looks excellent, although it should be white.   All glass is nice.   The bumpers are show chromed from Tricity, the rear decklid/quarter panel trim is new as well as the hood trim on the reproduction T/A hood.   Headlight bezels/grill and tail panel have all been detailed.   Car has only a couple hundred miles on new 15x7 rallye rims/trim rings and 235 and 255 60 radial T/As. 

Interior is all new from Legendary Interiors.   New headliner, seat covers, seat backs, carpet, sill plates, door panels, A pillar moldings.   Correct 70 only 4 speed console.   Correct 70 seatbelts, although the shoulder belt ones need to be installed yet from the new head liner going in, but are included.  The original am/fm thumbwheel is present along with a modern am/fm CD player mounted underdash.   New grips on the correct shifter.  Dash pad has no flaws. 

Basically the exterior/interior of this car are VERY sharp.   This is a turnkey get in and go very sharp/fun car.   

I believe this car came from the New York area and was possibly raced at one time?   There are 2 small patches on the cowl where I am guessing someone ran a lift off hood on it at some time?   Probably back in the day when these were nothing more than just gas guzzling used cars no one wanted someone did a hack job of patching the trunk pan.   There are plenty of pictures in the link showing what I mean.   This is something that could be corrected down the road if you wish, but car can defiantly be enjoyed and shown as it is today.   All frame rails look very good, there is one small, maybe 1 inch tear in the passenger rear one where it looks like someone probably had a chain hook in it?   Nothing structural, just appearance.

The drivers front floor pan was professionally replaced last year at the factory seams, interior floors were cleaned up and reshot FC7.

If your looking for a trailer queen, this isn’t for you.   If your looking for a real head turning super rare car for ½ to 1/3 rd the price that you can DRIVE, this might be the one for you!!     

Car is located just North of Grand Rapids Michigan.   You can reach me at my email which is JMDXR3@aol.com  Dan.   I will be out of town June 24th through the 31st.