Author Topic: Who owns or built this car?  (Read 5264 times)

Offline BA340challenger

Who owns or built this car?
« on: July 12, 2006 - 07:25:12 AM »
First thanks to 4Cruizn for the pics! ( Copied from his post)

I would like to find out what size wheels and tires are on this. Looks like 17" and 18"  but what backspacing? Is it a b-body rear? Springs lower or higher than standard.

The car has the perfect stance and looks awesome!  NICE JOB!

Thanks.

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
Re: Who owns or built this car?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006 - 08:47:30 AM »
This one looks like it has the same size wheels and tires, but not the same car.  Very close though!

http://users.anet.com/~sdurr/

I have the same size wheels and tires going on my project that is a Barracuda.  There is a thread here with my specs.

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=19731.0
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006 - 08:54:50 AM by HemiDog »

Offline BA340challenger

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006 - 10:19:43 AM »
Thanks!

The pics would not open in that link. Could you post some pics of your car?

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006 - 10:42:10 AM »
Here you go.  The car is unweighted all the pictures and on jack stands in all but the first picture.

Offline BA340challenger

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006 - 10:51:39 AM »
Sweet ride!

What back spacing did you use on the front? Do you have aftermarket disc brakes?

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006 - 12:34:35 PM »
The rears are 285/45/18 Nitto 555s mounted on 18x10 rims with 5 3/4" offset.  The rear end is a B-body spec Moser 60 attached with A-body XHD springs and the 3/4" relocation kit.  The brakes are Baer sports sold by Year One.  Beware that these brakes do not bolt on per the instructions if you have the relocation kit and B-body rear.  The E-brake mechanism will hit the springs.  I ended up swapping sides and mounting them on the front side of the rotor.  I still might have issues with the rear sway bar.  The right side has about 5/8" between the spring and tire.  It also has 1/2" between the tire and quarter lip.  The quarter panel on the right has been replaced by someone before I got the car so your measurements might be different.  The left side has 1/2" between the tire and spring with 1" between the tire and fender.  I took the measurements using a plum bob and measured to the bulge of the tire.  I had to do this because the car is unweighted.

The fronts are 245/45/17 Nitto 555s mounted on 17x8 rims with 4 1/2" offset.  All I can say, is I ended up buying a tool called the Mount Mate to make sure I got the offsets correct.  When I took the measurements on the front, I didn't have the torsion bars in and was able to load the front suspension to see where the tire might rub.  The Mount Mate allows me to mount the tire, with out the rim and adjust the offset to where it looks good.  During the process, I learned that with this tire combo, you have to have at least 4 1/2" offset to avoid rubbing the fender.  Any less won't do.

Offline MyMopar

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006 - 01:33:00 PM »
I believe that car was built by Aloha Automotive Services.
http://www.alohadreamcars.com/1.htm
1969 (OO===]|[===OO)
1973 (OO/=====\OO) <---SOLD
1997 (O|||||O) <---SOLD

Smoke tires, not drugs!

Offline willhaven

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006 - 07:06:12 PM »
I've got like 30-some pictures of the car if you want them.

Offline mopar_guy

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006 - 07:48:12 PM »
i saw that car in the bulding,i think mymopar is right,Aloha Automotive Services did build it.very nice car.

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2006 - 09:53:23 PM »
I believe that car was built by Aloha Automotive Services.
http://www.alohadreamcars.com/1.htm

I talked with the owner at the Vegas show, really nice guy. That car was in his wifes family since new I believe. The rear is a brand new unit for a Jeep Grand Cherokee. It is a Dana 44 with 3:73 gearing.

He spent alot of money to get that car done. I think he said that Aloha completed what someone else started. One thing I would change on the car is with the level of modification, fuel injection would have been the hands down choice for me.

But a very nice car indeed.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline BA340challenger

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2006 - 07:47:21 AM »
Thanks for the info Guys :bigsmile:

Willhaven could you post some more pics of that car?

Offline willhaven

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2006 - 09:13:02 AM »

And I'm spent.

Offline alohaautomotive

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2006 - 02:39:06 PM »
Beat me to it!  :2thumbs:

The owner Rick and Lisa Leese drive the car all the time. That makes us happy. It's also true that the car was always in the family. Her oldest sister drove it in college, it was handed down to the next sister, then Lisa herself drove it in college. Then it sat for a long time until we got our hands on it from Rick. I drove this car just today, and it is by far the best sounding/riding/driving mopar I've had the pleasure of experiencing (the 5 speed doesn't hurt either). So props to the Leese's and the Mechanics involved.

Offline willhaven

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2006 - 06:34:00 PM »
Was it true that you worked on Delaney's black AAR recently? Something about the rear end? What was the issue?

I'm REALLY interested in that car and want to know what was up with it if you're willing to say. :)

Offline alohaautomotive

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2006 - 08:58:40 AM »
it is true. I cannot talk about what is/was wrong with it....sorry. It is a neat car with some issues that need attention.