Author Topic: 426 hemi question  (Read 1163 times)

Offline Mike71Cuda

426 hemi question
« on: July 19, 2006 - 10:01:57 AM »
More install questions. I am buttoning everything up and notice on the pass side of manifold the hole/screws for??????????????????? What am I looking at here guys/gurls? I am a resto guy, and engines are my weak link. This engine is a new/old Hemi. It was put together befor MP had a crate motor. The manifold is an MP piece. Please help. Smitty

Offline Mike71Cuda

Re: 426 hemi question
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006 - 10:03:58 AM »
Picture of entire engine

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006 - 01:40:25 PM »
looks lie a heat port to heat under the carb , from the factory these were hookd to the engine with tubes from the exhaust manifold , if you are using headers there wil be no place to connect them & even with manifolds you will not be driving this in the winter so you could block the port off or even leave it open with no problems  as it should not have a vacuum source there 

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006 - 04:10:44 PM »
 :iagree:  :iagree:  :iagree:

Yep,

A heat riser would go there. If you have headers on the engine, then it is null and void. I would just block it off for appearance sake, but it's up to you.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006 - 07:45:55 PM »
looks lie a heat port to heat under the carb , from the factory these were hookd to the engine with tubes from the exhaust manifold , if you are using headers there wil be no place to connect them & even with manifolds you will not be driving this in the winter so you could block the port off or even leave it open with no problems  as it should not have a vacuum source there 

On the factory dual quad intakes, the heat tubes go into the back of the intake manifold. If this is a heat tube passage, (and it appears it is from what i can see) thats a weird place for one.

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006 - 07:37:13 AM »
Just confirming what Mike said.  Went to a car show last Sunday and there was a car with a Hemi and that same manifold.  It looked just like yours and was running without a plate or anything attached to that area.