Author Topic: Hello from Fresno! Now with Pics!  (Read 3559 times)

Offline Fast Finch

Hello from Fresno! Now with Pics!
« on: July 20, 2006 - 11:15:13 AM »
Thought it would be fun to join the board.  Been a member of the dodgecharger.com board for years and (dont get upset) been restoring my '69 Dodge Charger for the past 5 years.  She is beautiful!  As for my name "Fast Finch", my car looks like a gieant Goldfinch, Yellow and a black stripe.

I am at work right now and can't post any pics but have always loved "E" bodies.

Here are a few pics of my baby. :burnout:

I'm going to enjoy learning about your cars and your projects.  My next purchase will be an E body so I'm here as a precurser.

I am going to have a great looking garage with these babies in there.

Take care!

Michael
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006 - 10:43:55 AM by Fast Finch »
Love all Mopars especially B and E bodies.  Currently own a '69 Charger touting over 550hp reverse valve train manual shift with a 3:55 posi rear end, Y2 yellow and, YES it is my Daily Driver.
One day an E body will be setting next to her.

Offline gomopar440

Re: Hello from Fresno!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006 - 11:26:34 AM »
Welcome aboard the board.... :clueless:     :dunno: :rofl:

I used to live out your way a long time ago (mid-early 80's) when my dad was stationed at NAS Lemoore.

An E body Chally/Cuda would make a good stable mate for your Charger.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006 - 11:28:43 AM by gomopar440 »

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006 - 11:54:14 AM »
Hey welcome aboard Michael!!  Don't get madd . . . lol     :smilielol:   You're driving a MOPAR . . . all is good!   :2thumbs:    Hang around and enjoy the site!  Lots of great people here!!   :wave:

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006 - 12:10:45 PM »
Welcome to the forum Fast Finch!  Most of us e-body owners have a soft spot for Chargers...you're definately among friends here!  I would love to see pics when you get a chance.  So....what's your preference?  Challenger or Cuda?
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Fast Finch

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006 - 12:19:10 PM »
Welcome to the forum Fast Finch!  Most of us e-body owners have a soft spot for Chargers...you're definately among friends here!  I would love to see pics when you get a chance.  So....what's your preference?  Challenger or Cuda?

I lean a little to the Cuda because of its rich history.  It's fun to see those fast backs take off down the strip.  But bring me up to 1970 I would take either.

Thanks guys for the welcome.  Something about Mopar guys.  Yesterday one of Gary Scelzi's employees was in here and we talked about cars for probably too long and we were both happy how Gary finally won this year.  Gary's a great guy and he is from our little town.  Oh! if your wondering, I own a Birding store (I sell bird watching stuff, feeders, seed, baths gifts etc.).  Even Mopar guys like watching the birds, especially Road Runners and Superbirds! :smilielol:
Love all Mopars especially B and E bodies.  Currently own a '69 Charger touting over 550hp reverse valve train manual shift with a 3:55 posi rear end, Y2 yellow and, YES it is my Daily Driver.

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006 - 12:36:33 PM »
Welcome to the site, FF! :wave:  I too started on your side of the fence back when I was something like 14. (now almost 21)  I had a '69 Charger I bought off a neighbor, so the next best thing for me to do was find a Charger forum...Well, after finding out it had too much rust for me to afford fixing, I tossed it then found the '73 when I 17.  Hopefully you too can find some E-body project as they are definitely fun cars and look amazing when they're finished! :2thumbs:  I'm trying to remember if I ever saw your Charger over at D-C.com, but I can't remember as it's been a long time since I was there. :sadwavey:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline 70nos340 barracuda

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006 - 07:45:43 PM »
hello and welcome, i am a newbie also but this place is awsome! and when i get my cuda done i want a charger, would love to see pics.

Offline ambitions2

• ..we gunna make it to the finish line...
    • 72 Challenger EV-2 Project
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006 - 07:48:42 PM »
Welcome to the board, let me tell you this is the place if you are interested in E-bodys.  I persoanlly have a '72 Challenger and wouldn't trade it for the world.  The chargers are gorgeous cars also.  Again welcome and can't wait to see the pictures.  I love yellow cars
Project: 1972 Challenger - 340 AT 8 3/4 3.23 gears
http://community.webshots.com/user/jtitan2220

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006 - 11:09:14 PM »
Welcome to the board Michael. My first mopar muscle car was a 70 Charger RT SE so I also love the Charger models. I have only owned Cuda and Challenger's for the last 10 years though. Stick around and enjoy all the site has to offer.

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

Offline chevyconvert

• HvacMan
  • Member since November 04, 2005
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006 - 11:19:06 PM »
hello and welcome, i am a newbie also but this place is awsome! and when i get my cuda done i want a charger, would love to see pics.
70 NOS...you're no NEWBIE,,you're now a jr. member :ylsuper:

Welcome FF !! Always nice to have another No Cal boy here !!
Eric
'70 Hemi Orange RT/SE 440 Six Pack Pistol-Grip 4 speed
Bay Area California

Offline inot2old

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2006 - 01:55:19 PM »
Welcome, FF.  I have a Cuda and Challenger (project).  I just joined DC.com because I want to get a Charger when the Chally is finished. :wave:
'71 Cuda 

'70 Charger project
'05 Crossfire Roadster

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2006 - 02:42:48 PM »
Welcome Fast Finch. Hope we can meet you at one of the Mopar shows sometime.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Four-Forty-fied

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2006 - 03:44:06 PM »
Welcome aboard. When I went out to buy a Mopar (car this time), it was either going to be a 2nd generation Charger or a 3rd generation Barracuda. Then I measured my little NYC garage... bought the 'Cuda.

Offline Fast Finch

Re: Hello from Fresno! Now with Pics!
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2006 - 10:49:10 AM »
Well here are a few photos.  I hope you like because this was and is a true garage resto.  I rewired it, body work, even painted it myself in my garage.

Thanks guys!

Michael

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: Hello from Fresno! Now with Pics!
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2006 - 02:16:37 PM »
Welcome Michael,   :wave:

I have seen a few of your posts and can see you will fit in fine around here.  :grinyes:  Stick around.  :ylsuper:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.