Author Topic: Rust is my middle name  (Read 3086 times)

Offline moparclown

• Resident
Rust is my middle name
« on: July 29, 2006 - 03:46:54 PM »
Hey guy's.Just found a new roof for my challenger.I can't wait to get started but I need a few more part's before that can happen.--------the clown

Offline JCWCuda

Re: Rust is my middle name
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006 - 04:55:21 PM »
Clown that looks like quite the Resurection ya got going there. I may have to drop in and check it out one of these days , I just realized your only about an hour and a half away or so

1974 Barracuda 360
2008 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.7l Hemi
1990 Jeep Cherokee 4.0l
Gone but not forgotten
1967 Barracuda 273
1976 Charger 318
2003 Dakota Quad Cab 4.7l
1988 Jeep Cherokee 4.0l

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006 - 05:06:10 PM »
Damn Clown,  What do the neighbors say?...
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006 - 09:22:52 PM »
Stop in any time ,fellow car people are always welcome at the clown house.And as far as my neighbors go most are my biggest fan's.But I have been blessed with some great people around me.And my challenger is a mess but I love it and will find the rest of the parts i need.Some say I'm nut's,thats ok because I am.And remember you only get one chance at life and I will not have any coulda,woulda,shoulda's.--------the clown

Offline FeO2 bucket

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006 - 09:19:48 PM »
Nobody has loved that car for many years until you came along. If it makes you feel any better there are project cars out there with less rust but still need just as much sheetmetal replacement as yours does. This was the car that had a hack roof job by a previous owner right?

Offline chevyconvert

• HvacMan
  • Member since November 04, 2005
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006 - 09:31:14 PM »
I don't know how you guys do it back there, dealing with the devil that never sleeps!
Power too ya Clown  :worshippy
Eric
'70 Hemi Orange RT/SE 440 Six Pack Pistol-Grip 4 speed
Bay Area California

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006 - 10:09:03 PM »
Wow, that was a lot of rust to fix!!! :faint:  Glad you found a nice donor roof to graft on it! :2thumbs:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006 - 08:05:19 AM »
 :eek2:  :drunk:
That is going to be a lot of work, but when you are done, you should definitly be proud!  :2thumbs:

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006 - 02:08:55 PM »
thank's guy's,and yes someone did a real hack job on the roof job that they did.And I knew I had to have this car when the guy e-mailed me the first photo of it rotting in his backyard.And I have been selling a lot of part's that could go on this car but I felt that the part's were to valuable to use on it.This will be restored using repop or used part's,and I can see it the way it will look when I'm done.( wife think's i'm nut's)this is the photo of the car that was sent to me-----------------the clown

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006 - 08:10:07 PM »
I stripped the roof,and I must be nuts because it was in the mid to upper 90's with a lot of humidity.But the 69 is down for a couple of days having some upgrades made on the tranny.And the photo of the rear valance is to show you the cut and rolled cutout for the exhaust.this car was a 318 car so it only had the cutout on the driverside for a single pipe.Did that in my spare time----------the clown

Oldschool

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2006 - 08:14:46 PM »
Too hot for heavy duty outside work Clown!   :nono:  I know, I know---you couldn't wait.   lol

That 69 looks good.....    :cheers:   

Offline MyMopar

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2006 - 09:50:11 AM »
Too hot for heavy duty outside work Clown!   :nono:  I know, I know---you couldn't wait.   lol

That 69 looks good.....    :cheers:   
Geez I wonder why you would say that?

Anyway looks like you know what you want to do so keep up the good work!
1969 (OO===]|[===OO)
1973 (OO/=====\OO) <---SOLD
1997 (O|||||O) <---SOLD

Smoke tires, not drugs!

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2006 - 09:56:25 AM »
here's a couple a photo's that prove that some people shouldn't do bodywork.

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2006 - 11:38:16 AM »
Holy  Sh!t M Clown You are the man  :ylsuper:
 I fell like a little wimp for the things I have to tackle on mine now  :bricks1:
 You are definitely an inspiration to us mere mortals  :worshippy
 I'd love to take a trip down to see the progress someday too. I'm only about an hour and a half away here also.
Keep us posted man.  :cheers:
  Maybe my silly @ss could learn a thing or two from ya  :clueless: :1zhelp: :eek4:

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2006 - 02:17:33 PM »
Hey Hedkace whats up brother Mopar man?I know that your in your busy season at work.I'm hoping to get out your way soon and hook up with you.Trying to sell the rest of the parts that I invested in and come out with a profit so I can collect up some parts to work on my challenger.And if you ever have any questions about bodywork you can pm me or call me I will help out in any way I can.I only do it for myself anymore.But just keep a positive attitude about it and you can accomplish anything,never rush it because you will always regret it and always ask if you dont know. I always ask my friends that are still doing bodywork because products change all the time.And this will be my first roof job and I cant wait to get started on it but until I get a couple more parts and strap the door jams across I really have to wait.Plus my tranny upgrades should be done this week for the 69 cuda and hope to have that running again this week.Thanks O.S. I am very happy with the 69 and very glad I didn't sell her.