Author Topic: Yellow Carnauba Wax?  (Read 1554 times)

Oldschool

Yellow Carnauba Wax?
« on: July 31, 2006 - 01:08:42 PM »
I have tried many different cleaners/waxes over the last few years.  When waxing a pre-cleaned surface of base-clear coat I still end up coming back to the old yellow carnauba wax.  And yes, I still hand wax my cars.  Anyone tried anything that works better than carnauba wax?  I'm always looking for something easier/better.  Thanks in advance....   :cooldancing: 

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
Re: Yellow Carnauba Wax?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006 - 01:35:18 PM »
For me I love Zaino for the effect, but it doesn't last long on a driver.  It is pretty easy to put on and polish too.
I recently tried Mequiars NXT wax and was very pleased at the outcome.  The biggest surprise was how easy it was to put on and polish.  It has to be the easiest I have ever used.

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006 - 03:02:11 PM »
Zaino is worth a look.  I've used both and they both have advantages, but Zaino is just so easy to use and looks so good!
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline bluecuda

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006 - 03:22:06 PM »
Really only supposed to wax your car once a year. Wax seals in the paint.This is bad. Paint needs to "breathe". Polish it as much as you want .I like Mothers Polish.

Offline crcarch

• Happiness is having the time and the money!
  • "No, it's not a Charger!"
    • A little history and restoration pics on Cardomain
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006 - 03:29:41 PM »
I've used Meguire's 3-step process for years but recently tried Zymol for general waxing on the advice of a neighbor and was most impressed.  Easy to put on and take off.  The only catch is to do small sections at a time, buffing it off while it's wet.  Then rewetting the entire car and buffing it dry. Giving it the clay treatment before applying the wax really helps too.
00/===\00 73 Challenger 440-4V/AT  8/--+--\8 09 Ram 1500  0o\==/o0 05 Crossfire Roadster OO(#####SRT)OO 10 Challenger

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006 - 03:41:51 PM »
I'll say that Zymol lasts a looong time, but as crcarch said, do small areas at at time. If it dries, you have some work to do.  :pullinghair: I can't say anything bad about Zaino, but they make you strip your car of all other wax/polish first. If you want something run of the mill, the new Meguiar's NXT wax is awesome.  :thumbsup: As easy as it gets to take off. It lasted on my driver thru the winter too.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Wang

• "just hangin' out"
    • valleyautoworks.net
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006 - 11:54:47 AM »
I like Wizards "ShineMaster" .  Not a wax, rather a polysealant that can be used over  fresh finishes also.  Goes on very nice, wipes off very nice ( I like to use the microfiber rags)
Hurry,, Duane the tub,,I'm Dwouning....

Offline Krazed

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006 - 02:45:14 PM »
I'm a personal fan of P21S.

They make several products, but the wax and paint cleanser together make a gorgeous shine. Especially on newer paint jobs (minor scratch/swirl marks from previous cleanings).

I use this on all my cars, from the Cuda , WS6, to the Mazda. Ferrari friends of mine use this alot as well, and is an 'Officially Used' wax by the Ferrari guys. Hard to go wrong considering how much they love their cars to not drive them!

'68 Plymouth Barracuda 340 Formula S

71challengher

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006 - 07:17:18 PM »
I personally like Liquid Glass. It's a polish/finish. It has no abrasives and is clear coat safe. It goes on easy and off with little effort. I have used Wizard wax too and like there products.