One rust bucket from Finland (small update)

Author Topic: One rust bucket from Finland (small update)  (Read 14414 times)

Offline Kapteenikosmos

One rust bucket from Finland (small update)
« on: August 02, 2006 - 04:18:14 AM »
Hi all!

I've been member of this site for some time but newer actually posted any intro or pics of my car. I'm 25 and I live mainly in Tampere, mainly because my cars are located at my parent's 'ranch' about 230km away. (long weekend trips almost every weekend)

I bought my 73 challenger in august 2005. Car was rolling project, no original motor or trans. I got non running 383 with 727 in same deal. The engine was off from 67 fury. The car came from Florida in the end of 2002 if I recall right. Car was parked under some tree while in Florida and was missing rear window --> rear half of the car in pretty bad shape from inside.

During last winter the bodywork started, nuts loads of rust and bad metal have been removed since and repaired with new sheet metal. Lots and lots of work still to go.

We bought 67 coupe mustang few weeks ago (my gf is a mustang fan) so the process for the challenger is slowing down a bit for some time. Gotta get the mustang up and running for the last months of this summer.

Last actions I have done for the challenger were the removing of the whole cowl and some repairs done underneath it. My gf is doing a website for the project but it is bit outdated, hopefully fixed soon. Web site is writen in finnish (aka gibberish) so we added extra section for non finnish visitors, but the finnish section is easy to navigate even if you don't understand it, who want's to read anyway when pics are available!

yeah, yeah you all want pics anyway but I will put the links into the end of this novel.

Plans for the  :burnout: for challenger are following: rebuilding that 383 with mild performance uppgrade in mind and after the car is ready and driving I will unleash the beast.... Bought 400cid block couple of months ago with 513cid stroker in my mind! That should keep the tires spinning. Rear end is nutsty open ratio 2.71 8 3/4. Will uppgrade to clutch locking unit in future with better gear ratio.

Because the shipping fees for reproduction sheet metal parts is about the same as the price for the part I have done all metal work from plain sheet metal. It took some trials and errors but is becoming easier all the time. Only repro part I have is the passenger side quarter which came with the deal. Also the rear filler panel is put together from the pieces from two donor cars, wasn't very good idea. Holding the shape was very hard.

Here are the links: for challenger             www.kolumbus.fi/ahola.and.hilden/challenger
In the main page there is the link to gallery. More pics can be found from front page in "tilat ja kalut" (rooms and tools) and "päiväkirja"(diary) section.

sivu=page

some mustang pics at  www.tpu.fi/~t3shilde/mustang

as I said the website is bit outdated but hopefully we have enough time to add more pics some day. Plan for the challenger is to get the body primered with por15 before winter. Things left to do roughly are drip rails, passenger side quarter, driver's side c-pillar, cowl and deck filler panel. Floor and trunk are mostly done.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2007 - 11:25:32 AM by Kapteenikosmos »
1967 six banger Mustang
1973 Challenger (under restoration)
1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC (daily driver)

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
Re: One rust bucket from Finland
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006 - 06:49:44 AM »
WELCOME Kapteenikosmos  :wave: , Looks like some excellent work you are doing,  :thumbsup:  More pics when you can WE LOVE PICS!  :bigshades:
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006 - 09:45:15 AM »
Welcome to the site, Kapteenikosmos!!! :wave:  It looks like you have a nice project car underway.  Keep us posted with your progress and be sure to stop in every now and then to give us any updates or questions you may have. :2thumbs:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006 - 10:38:03 AM »
Welcome to the forum Kapteen!  Seems we are getting more and more members from Europe...that's pretty cool!  Glad to have you on board. :grinyes:
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006 - 11:10:30 AM »
Nice car!!  Glad to have you here!!  Yep I would be making the drive to my parents house every weekend too if that's where my car are!!  Enjoy the site! 

:wave:

Offline ESGEE

• 1970 Challenger RT/SE
    • SG´s site
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006 - 01:01:24 PM »
Welcome :cheers:
70 Challenger RT/SE(Looking for 383 Magnum N0B196875)
70 Challenger RT/SE(Looking for 383 Magnum N0B115166)
70 Challenger SE(RT/SE clone)
69 Charger RT/SE 4speed Trackpac
70 Charger 500

Oldschool

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006 - 10:26:59 AM »
Welcome Kapteen!   :wave:   Keep us posted on your progress....    :cooldancing: 

cudahob

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2006 - 01:58:02 PM »
   :cooldancing:

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006 - 02:18:54 PM »
Welcome Kapteenikosmos

There seem to be lots of '73s that were basin street blue..
Keep us updated  :wave:

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2006 - 03:16:42 PM »
Stick around :newbie: LOL
 Nice car get that stang done so you can git r done

Tom
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline Kapteenikosmos

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2006 - 02:20:43 PM »
Some more info about challenger. The color was decided lots before I bought the car and the only possible color for my car will be plum crazy and rt hood with that black painted/sticker center section what ever it is called. I might also add a black side stripe without rt text but not sure about that yet.

For the last week I have been doing our mustang and hopefully I can get back to challenger in a couple of days. I might post some pics about our mustang's body work if the fomoco stuff aint banned here :lol:

I will post some pics from challenger probably in a week or so. Still have bit over week of vacation left and hopefully I can get lots of stuff done for the challenger.
1967 six banger Mustang
1973 Challenger (under restoration)
1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC (daily driver)

Offline babyelephant

• Ol' Kozmic Blues again Mama
    • WPC Club of Norway
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2006 - 08:49:38 PM »
Hello Finland and welcome!

Plum crazy Challengers with the R/T-hood blacked out will never be wrong, among my favourites. Looking forward seeing more pics of the progress.
JH23J0B
88 BMW 635 CSiA
87 Trans Am GTA
x RH23G8E

71challengher

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2006 - 10:41:37 PM »
 :wave:Welcome, Plum Crazy is my favorite Mopar Color. Looks great on E-bodies :clapping:

Offline Lonetom

• Dodge-Challenger.net
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2006 - 04:36:42 AM »
Welcome to the forum Kapteen! 

I am glad to see here more and more E Bodys from Europe......
...that's pretty cool!   :thumbsup:

Many greetz from Germany

so long
TOM

my Mopars on: www.Mopar-Members.de

Offline Total BS

• '71 Carrabuda Baby!
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2006 - 08:49:48 PM »
Welcome Kapteen...

I swear I am going to Scandanavia for my next car.  They must be everywhere.
1971 'Cuda 383
1970 Chevelle SS LS6
1999 Durango
-New Joisey-