Author Topic: XV Motorsports Update  (Read 3021 times)

Offline willhaven

Re: XV Motorsports Update
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2006 - 09:22:14 PM »
John,

Any word on the Twin Turbo progress? Do you know what brand of turbos you plan to use, or is it too early to say? Also, do you plan to do TT setups for both the 5.7 & 6.1 and what power ranges you hope to get out of each?

Sorry to pester with more questions, but I'm probably just as excited as you guys are to see this stuff come on line. An E-Body that can take a corner. Who would have thought? I really hope this is the future of the hobby. Restomod cars

If all goes well, you may be hearing from me sometime next spring. :2thumbs:

Thanks for the heads up on the magazines too. I don't subscribe to any, but I usually pick up Mopar mags that have resto mod or g-machine style builds.

-Phil

Offline DQHemi

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2006 - 01:21:10 PM »
Twin Turbo is not on any specific time frame right now.  We have lots to do.

Twin Screw supercharger will happen first and that will make some big numbers. 

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2006 - 09:54:32 AM »
John,
It's really great what your team is putting together for mopars. Great engineering. I'm not sure if it's in my price range to be honest, but I'll look at the overall costs for sure. I'm definitely going with either a 6.1L or the 6.4L (if they ever actually release the crate version). I've looked at your 001 car's specs and your posts but haven't seen a couple of things-can you tell us what width and size both the wheels and tires you're running? Did you mini tub the car? Is it a custom width rear or is it a stock or B-body width? I've also ordered your DVD to get a look at your whole system better.

Thanks, Wes

Offline DQHemi

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2006 - 03:58:34 PM »
John,
It's really great what your team is putting together for mopars. Great engineering. I'm not sure if it's in my price range to be honest, but I'll look at the overall costs for sure. I'm definitely going with either a 6.1L or the 6.4L (if they ever actually release the crate version). I've looked at your 001 car's specs and your posts but haven't seen a couple of things-can you tell us what width and size both the wheels and tires you're running? Did you mini tub the car? Is it a custom width rear or is it a stock or B-body width? I've also ordered your DVD to get a look at your whole system better.

Thanks, Wes

Wes,

Front 18 X 9.5  w/ P275/35-18
Rear 18 X 10.0 w/ 295/35-18

Stock E Body rear.
No Mini Tub
Can go bigger on the rear tires as well.

We made up a rear suspension display which went to the natinals with us.
I'll take some detailed pics of it in the next few days and try and post them.

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com
John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2006 - 07:48:50 PM »
John,
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated!
Looking forward to seeing more of your products, especially the 6-speed tranny kit.

Wes

Offline gkring

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2006 - 09:12:41 PM »
Just finished watching the DVD I received today and it makes a good case for upgrading. Maybe I should take the money I'd like to spend on buying the new challenger, put it into my old one, and have the best of both worlds. After watching the video of the cars with the level II suspension I don't think I'd be happy with any less. Anything else on the market now has to be a compromise compared to the level of testing that went into the XV setup.

Greg Kring
Arlington, Tx
Greg
1970 Challenger convertible-in process
1970 Barracuda driver

Offline DQHemi

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2006 - 07:27:15 AM »
Just finished watching the DVD I received today and it makes a good case for upgrading. Maybe I should take the money I'd like to spend on buying the new challenger, put it into my old one, and have the best of both worlds. After watching the video of the cars with the level II suspension I don't think I'd be happy with any less. Anything else on the market now has to be a compromise compared to the level of testing that went into the XV setup.

Greg Kring
Arlington, Tx

Greg,

Glad to hear you like what you saw. 

We were just at the Nationals and most were pretty blown away when they saw our stuff.

Many top builders are looking to run our setup now for their projects.

Also, the Level I was done with the same technology and testing for people who the Level II doesn't fit their budgets.
It's an optimization of the stock setup using really modern tools to dial it in.

As far as the level of development and testing, I'm not aware of any aftermarket application that has been done to the level we have gone to - Mopar or otherwise.

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com
John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Offline MyMopar

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2006 - 08:33:28 AM »
 :wow:  Who would have thought a wicked cool shop would be less than 2 hours from me!  West coast eat your heart out!
1969 (OO===]|[===OO)
1973 (OO/=====\OO) <---SOLD
1997 (O|||||O) <---SOLD

Smoke tires, not drugs!

Offline Krazed

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2006 - 11:35:30 AM »
DQHemi

Mmmm..... Dairy Queen and Hemi.... life doesn't get much sweeter than that.  :drool: :roflsmiley:

I couldn't resist! That was the first thing I thought of when I saw your name. My apologies if it offends you!  :dogpile:

.....Man, I love Dairy Queen.. I wish the one up here wasnt 3 hours away.
'68 Plymouth Barracuda 340 Formula S