Author Topic: Decided what to do with JS23UOB code car  (Read 5685 times)

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
Re: Decided what to do with JS23UOB code car
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2006 - 02:40:41 PM »
What do you mean by "update on car" Tom? As far as am I going to get another car, no, I'm not. I don't have the extra funds or time to spend cleaning one up or going thru the whole process of getting one (Add patients in that factor also). I haven't told my other buddy yet he could buy the Dart because I'm still deciding what to do with that. This is my sons last year in highschool and think it would be a awesome graduation present.

Just out of curiousity, exactly how many u code Challengers were made 36 years ago?

That's the update I was looking for, good for you you should do what you want w/your car.  Now if you could find something needing help you would satisfy the purists but anyway you paid for it you own it!  Go for it.

Tom
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline augie

« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2006 - 03:16:33 PM »
 Tom, I have been speaking to a guy from the east coast (NJ) that keeps calling me about the car, I heard from him again this morning, he wants to fly in to Omaha this week to take a peek at it and is supposed to call me back monday with his flight schedule. This is the guy related to John Force. By far the most interested and honest person I have spoke too as of yet about the purchase of it. He's had a hard time getting the time to get in due to his schedule because he owns a demanding business that requires much of his time which I understand.
 The parts I ordered can still be used in the Dart, so I wouldn't be out nothing there for sure. Since I have a little time before I can get it into the shop I figured it would be worth the wait to see what comes of this since it looks like it will happen quickly now.
 Be secure in the fact I don't want to use a low numbered car for this or I would of done it already, but I really don't have the patience with trying to sell this anymore and dealing with all the people that want something for nothing or want it to flip it or whatever. SO for the purist out there, again, I understand where everyone is coming from and am trying to do my best to make sure another one isn't lost. Which has been my goal all along or I wouldn't of sat out 2 seasons already.
 If this last deal falls through this week then I'm going to go ahead and proceed with what I want to do. I'm at the end of my rope with this and just want to move on if you can understand what I mean. Enough is enough the way I see it. Keep your fingers crossed for this car, it is its last chance at survival in the numbers world.

Offline augie

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2006 - 03:36:27 PM »
I also was sent this link, I dont know how accuarate it is but wow
http://home.earthlink.net/~challengerworld/pnumbers.html

It states there was only about 2802 U code challys made and about 1886 of them were automatics. I wonder how many are left 36 years later :wow: