Author Topic: Decided what to do with JS23UOB code car  (Read 5688 times)

Offline augie

Decided what to do with JS23UOB code car
« on: August 08, 2006 - 01:39:56 PM »
 Some of you may remember a while back I was trying to sell my JS23UOB code car. Didn't have any luck so since the body is done I've decided to completely tub it and 4 link it up. Going to take out the K frame with skid plate and get a after market set up for the front also, inner fenders are going etc... I'd like to see pics others have of completely tubbed E bodies if you got any. Maybe some suspension shots etc.. Any pics appreciated. Thanks.

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
Re: Decided what to do with JS23UOB code car
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006 - 02:04:14 PM »
Wow, seems like there are so many tubbed e bodies for sale that it would be worth much more if it wasn't tubbed.  There was a great looking tubbed e body on ebay that didn't bring much at all.

Whatever makes you happy.... good luck and have fun!
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline augie

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006 - 02:40:14 PM »
Hey Cody,
 I've had the car for 13 years done the way you seen it, I never even thought then I would sell it I loved it soooo much. Thought I'd give it a try the past couple of months because I have a dart Ive been working on for my race car and would rather if something happened it would happen to a dart and not a rare U code Challenger. I was thinking solely of the hobby and hobbiest trying to save this car. In the meantime I was sacrificing what I love to do (Drag Race) for the sake of not even taking a chance on wrecking it. But since it didn't sell I figure no purist cared if there's one more rare car gone. So the thought of selling it now has left and I want to keep it. It wont go on Sale anywhere again after Im done. I was happy with it for 13 years, Ill be happier another 13 with a complete car the way I really wanted it and not have to worry about the stupid numbers game and purist that want something for nothing. The last thing I am is a car flipper. Hope you understand.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006 - 02:49:55 PM »
I might have a buyer sned me a PM with the pix & $$ you need out of it
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006 - 03:43:53 PM by Chryco Psycho »

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006 - 03:56:05 PM »
Thanks Augie
 I have forwarded the info to my customer for him to take a look at   

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline augie

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006 - 05:37:20 PM »
Still want to see more Tubbed e-body pics if anyone has any  :woohoo:

Offline augie

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006 - 05:38:47 PM »
Wow, seems like there are so many tubbed e bodies for sale that it would be worth much more if it wasn't tubbed.  There was a great looking tubbed e body on ebay that didn't bring much at all.

Whatever makes you happy.... good luck and have fun!

Which one was that Cody? Did you save any pics or recall the auction number?

Offline EVIL72

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006 - 06:33:00 AM »
 Since I'm building (or should I say trying to build, once I get more  :money: to finish) a 70 ProStreet Duster, if I was to do it again I would look for a Roller/ ex race car/ProStreet that is already pretty much done, then just drop in a motor and trans. It will save you a ton of money.
 ProStreet Cars are selling pretty cheap, right now on CraigsList in California there's a nice looking running ProStreet Demon with a 440 for like $12,500. Once you add up the cost of a narrowed axle, suspension, tubs, rims, tires, roll cage, frame work, and the labor to put it all together, it adds up very quickly.
 Ever thought about trying to trade for a Tubbed E body? That way you still get what you want, without chopping one up.
 Good luck, I love ProStreet cars, I just wish I had one that was done!  :banghead:
ROB
1972 Dodge Challenger 340ci
1970 Pro Street Duster (Under Construction)

Offline augie

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006 - 11:37:38 AM »
I want an e-body race car EVIL72 and my Challenger RT is painted and done ready to go for this operation. Just got off the phone with competition engineering and the rest of what I needed has now been ordered. I plan on getting started on this very soon. Im pretty pumped. I get to race next season instead of sitting out for no reason but to save a numbered car that couldn't sell anyway and only had been driven maybe 5 times in the past 2 years, and have a bad monkey ebody to do it with.  :woohoo:
 I have my dart sold to a buddy, so I have the extra funds now to do what I wanted to do to begin with years ago.

They are also making after market fenders and full quarters so if something was to happen, shouldn't take much to put back together. At least I wont have to go to the bank because I wont need to worry about OEM parts and satisfying the number guys. I'm glad the aftermarket companies are making more parts for us for sure. I plan on removing the factory parts that are still original and replacing them with glass now anyhow. Like fenders etc..

Do you have a link to that Demon anyhow? I know someone that may be interested in that. Thanks guys

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2006 - 06:36:31 PM »
With the market the way it is I`m sure there are buyers out there,you just didn`t find the right one or your price was too high,just my  :2cents: I hate to see a numbers car cut up but it`s your car so have fun.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2006 - 06:59:56 PM »
That would be fun and everything but why not find an A-bod to do that to.

I can picture you waking up someday and being sorry.....

Oldschool

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2006 - 07:13:25 PM »
That would be fun and everything but why not find an A-bod to do that to.

Hey---I resemble that remark!    :ylsuper:   :cooldancing: 

Offline EVIL72

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2006 - 07:33:00 PM »
 Here's the ProStreet Demon link http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/car/191294777.html
ROB

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2006 - 08:23:50 PM »
I wouldn't cut up a U-code car.  I agree you may end up sorry.
1969 Sport Satellite H code convertible, 1970 Cuda 440+6, 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6, 1970 Challenger 383 R/T auto, 1970 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed,1971 Challenger convertible.

Offline EVIL72

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2006 - 08:31:17 PM »
  Here's a 68 Notchback Cuda race car Project for only $2000.00 http://sacramento.craigslist.org/car/191288707.html
  Hey Old School your car need a little brother to play with?  :ylsuper:
ROB